H: Journey CE, GoW III, PS3, PSP, PS2, PC

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#211 OldSchool77

OldSchool77

"Would you kindly?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

Thanks for all the bumps! Oh well, I thought that you had a PSP1000 that's why I offered the parts :lol: I always use a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean contacts, always use microfiber and if possible just compressed air if the dirt isn't too bad. I've completely disassembled and reassembled several PSP's, I cheated and watched tutorial videos online for the first time I did it though ;)

Stay warm and get some rest, I remember that school can be extremely tiring. I used to come home and take a nap before I had to start dinner, after eating then I would stay up all night doing homework and playing games :lol: I just remembered that not skipping meals during the day can also help to give you more energy.

It went back to the 70s and 80s here in SoCal twztid, summer lasts until the end of this month usually but since It's been an odd year Ill let you know when it finally gets cold.

#212 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

I can switch items in battle, as long as the character is not attacking, casting spells, or being attacked. So, all I have to do is take control of the character and move him/her to the side away from the fracas, and then change equipment (the game pauses, thankfully).

Well, the new analog stick arrived today, hurrah! I think I'll try to put it in this evening...

I've also been selling some things on Amazon, it's going pretty well.... aside from the fixed shipping credit. For instance, I shipped out my logitech PC controller, it cost nearly $9 for Parcel Post shipping, but I only got about $4 or $5 in fixed credit. =/ But, hey, at least it sold! It's been sitting unloved in storage for, like, two years.

#213 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

that's perfect. then, you can use the other amulets for character A when you fight enemies that don't use paralyze (and i was also assuming it's random encounters, but if you can see enemies ahead of time, then that works even better).

#214 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Yeah... there are also some bonuses that apply to derived stats (e.g. mana and hit points, which are calculated from intelligence and stamina, respectively). Anyway, I spent a few hours yesterday being terribly indecisive about it all and not really getting anywhere with making decisions for all the characters! :facepalm: I know it ultimately doesn't matter that much - I've already dilly-dallied around so much that my characters are probably much greater in level than the developers had intended (i.e. enemies don't scale 100%, so my party is probably quite over-powered compared to any monsters I'll face once I decide to continue to the main quest).

Nevermind that I still need to forge some weapons, which can be enhanced with gems - which require souls, which need to be consumed from enemies. There are 10 soul types, and farming for souls can be really tough, especially since some are from enemies that don't spawn in great quantity. Each gem has 10 levels, with stats increasing depending on the level - and each level requires 10 souls. Naturally I want level 10 gems, which means I need to farm 100 souls. X_x Tedious, but not impossible for some types of enemy souls - for others, very tedious and/or near impossible.

I'm probably waaaaay overthinking this.

Haven't gotten around to repairing my PSP either, I think I'll try do to it tonight or tomorrow morning.

#215 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Yeah... there are also some bonuses that apply to derived stats (e.g. mana and hit points, which are calculated from intelligence and stamina, respectively). Anyway, I spent a few hours yesterday being terribly indecisive about it all and not really getting anywhere with making decisions for all the characters! :facepalm: I know it ultimately doesn't matter that much - I've already dilly-dallied around so much that my characters are probably much greater in level than the developers had intended (i.e. enemies don't scale 100%, so my party is probably quite over-powered compared to any monsters I'll face once I decide to continue to the main quest).

Nevermind that I still need to forge some weapons, which can be enhanced with gems - which require souls, which need to be consumed from enemies. There are 10 soul types, and farming for souls can be really tough, especially since some are from enemies that don't spawn in great quantity. Each gem has 10 levels, with stats increasing depending on the level - and each level requires 10 souls. Naturally I want level 10 gems, which means I need to farm 100 souls. X_x Tedious, but not impossible for some types of enemy souls - for others, very tedious and/or near impossible.

I'm probably waaaaay overthinking this.

Haven't gotten around to repairing my PSP either, I think I'll try do to it tonight or tomorrow morning.

thanks for the b-day well wishes, bud. much appreciated.

dude, you have no idea. i do the same exact stuff you're doing (or pretty close, it sounds), and it makes RPGs take 2-3 times longer for me than other people. it's fine, as i feel i really get my monies worth, but i do miss out on other games. in the case of Tales of Vesparia (where i put in about 90 hours & was barely more than halfway, i think), i ended up trading it in to afford newer games, and plan on getting it back. it would make alot more sense for me to play them at a faster pace, as i'd still get the story, but i have an OCD of sorts where i cannot play ANY RPG & just do the bare minimum to progress. i HAVE TO try to get 100% on everything in every game.

the Tales' games have such huge storylines, and the sidequests, etc., make it ridiculous in length. Tales of Symphonia on gamecube quoted 80 hours on the back of the case. i put in almost 500 hours in that game on a single playthrough & was in a secret post-game dungeon about to fight the final enemy in the game (where i'd have done everything except get 2 other items that were only available in 2 more seperate playthroughs) when i had to move, and i ended up getting some new xbox games & finally left it behind (but always planned to come back, lol). most people do those things in several playthroughs, but i just can't enter the final level unless i've done everything there is to do. a blessing & a curse, imho.

#216 OldSchool77

OldSchool77

"Would you kindly?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Bump!

It sounds like If I ever get into console RPG's I need to ask you and twztid what in the world I should do. The most complicated I ever got was deciding what armor looked the coolest and what I needed to eventually get there :roll: I've been totally consumed playing Spiral Knights lately even though it's been around 90 outside and I need to get some yardwork done before my grass dies :lol:

#217 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

heehee. :p I used to be pretty adept at the DnD knowledge required for NWN, but I'm not sure how much patience I'll have for numbers and dice rolls and turn-based combat anymore...which just makes me more reticent to play Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale (which I've never played before). Or even The Witcher. Learning new mechanics can be so daunting sometimes. I really appreciate how straight-forward Summoner 2 is. No need to worry about damage or formulas or whatever - it all just works out intuitively anyway.

Oh! Fixed my PSP, yay! The new stick is a bit stiffer than my old one - is that normal? Do new sticks need to be "broken in" (like shoes)? But, hey, at least it works. I could probably use the old stick if I had to - when I opened it up, I noticed the silicone brick had fallen off the contacts, I bet it was jammed against something and that's what caused the stick to constantly register as being pushed to the left.

#218 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:17 AM

nice job on the psp!

#219 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Thanks! :D I'm happy I got it working again, I was trying not to get my hopes up.

Have to see the doctor tomorrow, my finger is infected. :( My nail ripped and tore the cuticle, and BAM instant infection. I've tried soaking it in epsom salts, I put band-aids and antibiotic cream on it, and it just gets worse.

Do you think I should try to add some PS3 games to my want list? See, I don't own a PS3, but I want one at some point... and given that there are few PSP games and few PC games on my Want list (and no PS2 games), maybe I'd have more luck trading my inventory for PS3 games. It just feels a little strange trading for games for a system I don't even own yet!

#220 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:25 PM

Thanks! :D I'm happy I got it working again, I was trying not to get my hopes up.

Have to see the doctor tomorrow, my finger is infected. :( My nail ripped and tore the cuticle, and BAM instant infection. I've tried soaking it in epsom salts, I put band-aids and antibiotic cream on it, and it just gets worse.

Do you think I should try to add some PS3 games to my want list? See, I don't own a PS3, but I want one at some point... and given that there are few PSP games and few PC games on my Want list (and no PS2 games), maybe I'd have more luck trading my inventory for PS3 games. It just feels a little strange trading for games for a system I don't even own yet!

i don't know. the value of those games drops pretty fast, so you might end up screwing yourself if you can't get a ps3 for a bit. the older games that have a pretty steady value might make sense, though (under $20 range. MGS4 is a great example of a game that's dropped to it's bottom, pretty much).

trust me, it is not you. this is the slowest i have ever seen this site. most of my feedback lately is from buying things, sadly. with the steps the government is taking to further doom this economy, this will probably stay slow for at least a year or so (unless the econmy does a back hand spring & lands on it's feet, but it will probobly keep tumbling, sadly).

dinner sounds delicious. i'm starving, lol!

#221 OldSchool77

OldSchool77

"Would you kindly?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Congrats on fixing your psp! I never really got into D&D even though I watched the cartoon, I did play Robotech and then Mechwarrior pen and paper RPG's :lol:

I've had a few nails removed before, I remember having to soak in warm water with both Epsom salts and Betadine solution for about 15 to 20 minutes everyday for about a month. Afterwords I used triple antibiotic ointment, gauze, and nonadhesive medical tape.

If you plan on getting a PS3 eventually you may as well get some games that have dropped in price and may eventually be hard to find. Don't spend more than $10 unless it's something you really want, I did the same thing and owned 2 collector's edition 360 games for dirt cheap before I even bought my console :lol:

#222 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

up!

#223 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the bumps! It's been a crazy week, but next week things should finally calm down.

About the PSP: the stick sometimes gets stuck (physically, not an electrical signal malfunction). It's also a tad stiff... I might try putting in my old stick... or frankensteining the two: put the analog sticky swivel bit onto the new chip & contacts that I bought. Assuming I can do such a thing - I mean, it looks like I can separate the two parts.

The risk is that I end up breaking both sticks. Not sure what to do - the stiffness of the new stick is really bothering me, it requires much more force to move it than my old stick. Probably more useful if character run-speed actually mattered - but when's the last time it was important to walk instead of run in a game? :p

#224 skinkrawl

skinkrawl

DoyoulikePhilCollins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

bump for you

#225 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

is the new stick from the OEM, or a knockoff?

#226 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:34 AM

it's a knock off.

Also: Never, EVER disassemble the psp analog stick. I spent an hour trying to put it back together and it just will not work right ever again. The parts don't fit back together right, no matter what I do.

So I ordered another one, from a different seller. Hopefully this cheap knockoff will be better than the other knock-off. If not, then I'll just have to buy an OEM, even though it's 3 to 4 times as expensive. Oh, and if the new new one is stiff, I'll just complain to the seller. Can't really do much about the previous seller, I already left feedback. And the stick worked... sort of... and even if I could complain, I already broke it trying to put it back together. *sigh*

WHY couldn't I just leave it alone????

#227 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

it's a knock off.

Also: Never, EVER disassemble the psp analog stick. I spent an hour trying to put it back together and it just will not work right ever again. The parts don't fit back together right, no matter what I do.

So I ordered another one, from a different seller. Hopefully this cheap knockoff will be better than the other knock-off. If not, then I'll just have to buy an OEM, even though it's 3 to 4 times as expensive. Oh, and if the new new one is stiff, I'll just complain to the seller. Can't really do much about the previous seller, I already left feedback. And the stick worked... sort of... and even if I could complain, I already broke it trying to put it back together. *sigh*

WHY couldn't I just leave it alone????

i'm telling you, i've found out the hard way over the years - on controllers, or anything, there is no substitute for OEM, unfortunately. the sticks of off brand controllers have always been very stiff to me (which is what prompted me to ask). my friends would HATE to use any controllers that weren't OEM (since the N64 days. that's when i started buying them for others to use). it sucked, cuz being the fair guy i am, when they whined about losing everytime ("oh, it's the controllers fault"), i agreed to use the crappy controller. we started doing winner gets the good controller, all the way up to xbox. it sucked, cuz it really was the controller. i whooped them at every game, but the ONLY times they could beat me 25% of the time was when they had the OEM controller. they were just so expensive, and i was the one that had to buy them, for THEM to play with, lol. not anymore.

also, someone tattled that sdragon & i were carrying on conversations & bumping our own threads more than 3 times a day. wasn't true, but that day (yesterday), we did respond to each other twice in a short period of time. it has NOTHING to do with anyone else, but to make sure this is understood, i looked at your list. i didn't see anything i wanted to trade for, and i bump everyone's list that i look at. instead of just saying 'bump', i responded to one of the comments you made while bumping your own thread (which is NOT against the rules for you to do). just wanted to explain why i was spelling this out. it has ZEROP to do with you, man, but i want to let it be known when i bump someones list that i look at, and say something other than 'bump', it is the same exact thing. there is no rule that says i can not make a comment when i bump someone's thread. sorry to take up this much space just to make my intent clear. thanks for understanding.

#228 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

Yeah, I haven't updated my list much with new items. I can scrounge around my room to find more stuff. There are also a few games I still need to take photos of.

I've never had trouble with my OEM Dusalshocks. I do try to buy them from a vendor that sells them less than the list price, since they are unreasonably expensive for such an "old" item. I find Logitech to have really high quality controllers, even better than the Sony ones. The only problem is that they are designed a tad differently, so my Splitfish MoveFX (I forget if that's the name) can't clip between the analog sticks on the Logitech controller because the design is slightly different... Not that I use that Splitfish product much at all, to be honest. It was on sale at GS, looked neat, so I bought it for a couple of dollars.

I think my favorite controller is the FragNstein. A different company now makes it, since Splitfish sued Bannco for using some of SF's software. Yeah, whoops! Anyway, it's been a great help, since I have a really hard time using WASD keys for movement controls.

Yeah, I hear you about the bump/comment type of thing. When I bump your thread, I'll try to include something that references your list. But, let me try to understand, the moderators don't mind if you just use "bump" but they do mind if you have a one or two-sentence comment?

#229 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

bump.

I added some kid's books to the OP. The ones in the "-ology" series, and some others that are similar. Adult-owned. :p

#230 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

first bump of the day! :p

So, while my finger is feeling better, I now have a sinus infection! At least I'm on an antibiotic.... and it feels like it is clearing up a bit, so I hope it is a short-lived ailment, especially since I have two exams later this week!

#231 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

bump for you.

man, you sound like i did for a while. i was sick on every front. i really hope you get to feeling better, bud!

#232 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

Me, too! What good are sinus cavities for anyway? I mean, my dogs never have sinus infections, so why do I get them? It's really a bummer, because I was doing pretty well all summer, and now, when I really need to be sharp for school, my head is full of snot! :(

I hope my new analog stick comes soon. This time, I will not take it apart. And I'll try moving the stick around to see if it is stiff - before I put it in my PSP! And if it is stiff, I'll complain to the seller. I mean, I've got two exams this week, it isn't like I was really going to have much gaming time anyway.

I also still have Summoner 2 to finish. I finally got 100 souls for two soul types - after much farming. Well, I'm trying out the weapon creation, and it's pretty restrictive, I can't really make anything that's better than the weapons I already have. So, all that time and effort and I'm not even going to use the gems to forge a weapon! Oh, well, live and learn. I still have to distribute those stat bonuses, and then get through a tough secret level before I move on to the last level for the game. I think I got really side-tracked with all this soul-farming, but now I know not to bother with it next time I play the game.

#233 OldSchool77

OldSchool77

"Would you kindly?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

Sucks that you're sick when you need to be sharp for school :( Try to keep warm and eat plenty of chicken noodle soup, do you have allergies? Whenever I needed parts for a PSP I would just buy a broken one on eBay and take them apart. The price per part was usually cheaper and occasionally I could fix one completely and it could be resold :D

Let me know what kind of PS3 games you might be interested in, I'd be willing to trade a few for Grim Fandango ;)

#234 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

blah

#235 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

bump.

#236 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the bumps!

Well, the post-nasal drip was so bad, I got sick to my stomach, very nauseous. By 3AM, I still couldn't sleep, despite irrigating my sinuses 10 times. >.< Eventually took a decongestant, and that stopped the drip enough to calm my stomach so I could sleep. I dozed off in Orgo lecture - but that isn't exactly new...

at least I didn't have to go to class yesterday - the lab room for Cell Culture is so small, we only have two hoods, so the prof split the class in half and has half of us come in to work on stuff one day, and half comes in on another day. But only for times when we need to do stuff in the hoods, so it isn't like this for all the classes in that course. Heh, if I had gone in on Monday, I probably would have contaminated everything with my snot. :p

#237 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

Hey man, sorry, I totally thought I responded or posted in your thread, must've been one of those YOU MUST WAIT XXX AMOUNT OF TIME TO POST AGAIN. Sorry, I really didn't see anything I want. :(
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#238 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

Sucks that you're sick when you need to be sharp for school :( Try to keep warm and eat plenty of chicken noodle soup, do you have allergies? Whenever I needed parts for a PSP I would just buy a broken one on eBay and take them apart. The price per part was usually cheaper and occasionally I could fix one completely and it could be resold :D

Let me know what kind of PS3 games you might be interested in, I'd be willing to trade a few for Grim Fandango ;)

Some PS3 games on my "MUST HAVE THIS" list:
God of War 3
God of War Collection
God of War Origins
Darksiders
Overlord 1 & 2
Rise of the Argonauts

I have some other games that I'm interested in trying out, but don't know if I'll actually like them. I've been burned so many times by only relying on other people's reviews, that I know I need to try a game myself to determine if I will like it or not.
Enslaved
Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom
Heavenly Sword
Infamous
Borderlands GotY
Prince of Persia
PoP: Sands of time collection
Lair
The Darkness
Prototype
Uncharted
Bayonetta
Folklore
Demon's Forge
Knight's Contract
heavy Rain
Brutal Legend
TR: Underworld
El Shaddai
Bulletstorm
Hunted: Demon's Forge
Venetica
Viking Battle for Asgard
Bioshock 1 & 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Assassin's Creed series
Dragon Age Ultimate edition
Two Worlds 2
Dungeon Siege 3
Dante's Inferno
there are probably a few more I forgot to list...

I'm not really good at shooter games...

Edited by Alaisiagae, 28 September 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#239 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Darksiders is good

#240 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

Darksiders is good

I have the PC version (the Hellbook edition, had to import it from the UK), but I need to sort out some controller issues so that my axes (plural of axis, not axe :p ) aren't inverted.

I remember being thrilled to learn that Madeurea (however he spells his name...) was working on the art, I really liked his Battle Chasers comic book series. I love the vivid colors and general bad-ass character designs I've seen so far, I really should get my act together and test out my controller again so I can play the game. Still, it won't be the same without rumble feedback (I'm using a Logitech controller - it has rumble, but dev's rarely support anything other than the MS 360 controller-for-the-PC).

I kind of wish I hadn't used the Steamworks code for it; I got the game last year and haven't played it yet.