• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#241 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

looked at your list bump!

i love Darksiders. everyone calls him Joe Mad, lol. i can't wait for part 2. you need to get that sorted out, man. that's a great game.

#242 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Corgie made me do this.

#243 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Corgie made me do this.

:D Corgis gonna corg. Obsessive Corgi Disorder

I know gamestop offers but a pittance for used games.... but is that true even when they have that 50% bonus trade in offer? Does that go in addition to my bonus trade-in credit for being a platinum card member (or whatever they are calling the card now)? Of course the percentage sounds big, but I know enough maths to know that it can be deceptive. Do you think I should bring any of my PS2 or PSP games in for trade-in credit? Or bide my time here on CAG?

#244 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Bump!

Also: Still looking for advice regaring Gamestops +50% trade-in bonus. I'm just worried that if/when I do eventually decide to trade-in my games, they won't accept PS2 games anymore! =/

#245 skinkrawl

skinkrawl

DoyoulikePhilCollins

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

bump

#246 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Thanks!

I finished Summoner 2, woot! And because I dragged it out for an extra 10 hours, I don't feel bummed that the game is over - I mean, of course I wish the game was larger in scope so that I could have more & more varied opportunities wit the shapeshifting mechanic... I'm done with it, it's good, I felt ready to finish it. The last boss battles were kind of... well, kind of easy, but that could be because my characters were very high levels! heehee, there was an extra funny bonus cinematic at the end of the credits.

I'm kinda sad that it doesn't seem like the developer (Volition) will be making another Summoner game - or any games, it seems. It's a shame when a good dev just drops off the face of the planet - probably some fickle financial pressuring from the publisher, who knows. I am soooo picky about games, and I really couldn't find any glaring flaws in Summoner 2, it was very well-polished. I only encountered two bugs, but one of them could be due to scratches on the disc, I'm not sure. The other bug struck only two or three times, where the inventory use timer wouldn't refresh so you couldn't use any potions. It was only a problem when there wasn't another character I could switch to (doing that seems to solve the problem).

Yes, I can name several areas where the combat mechanics could use some improvement, particularly combat moves that have too long of an animation build-up, or dodgy contact mechanics. But overall, I think it is a really solid game, with a nice story, characters, and a creative world setting, not to mention a nice blend of combat mechanics (with a pause-creating HUD-menu that can be activated in order to select spells and inventory) and exploration mechanics (such as investigating scenery/and item, talking to NPCs, activating a lever, etc.). It really comes through that the developers really liked what they were making - from the inside-joke easter-eggs, to the hidden replica of the Volition building with NPCs representing the staff, to the silly cutscene at the end of the credits, to the care and polish evident in the released game.

#247 OldSchool77

OldSchool77

"Would you kindly?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

Bump!

I have Tomb Raider: Underworld in my trade list if you're interested in that. I also have quite a few games from your "interested" list, I'll let you know what I think of them when I get back next Friday ;)

#248 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:41 AM

Cool! I really liked TR: Legend, is Underworld similar? I think what I liked about it the most was that it wasn't just voiceless Laura, it was those other two guys and their banter; the whole presentation propelled me along.

In contrast, I felt like TR: Anniversary was very guideless - Lara is plopped in front of some ruin and I'm expected to go explore it. No comment about the ruin's feature, no reason why I'm going hither or yon. Yeah, there were some cut-scenes with action, but for the most part all I hear is background music, a bunch of rabid animals and dinosaurs roaring at me, and bullet shots.

I would have bought TR: Underworld for the PS2, but I read that it was a very sloppy port with many features missing from it.

Also: Pleeeeeeease throw me a bone of advice about that Gamestop +50% trade-in bonus, it ends tomorrow! It might be another couple of months before they offer it again. =/

EDIT: oh! I also updated the OP with PS3 games, so you can check there any time. I have some games up there that haven't been released yet, I put them in italics and toward the bottom of the list.

I also removed Soul Reaver 2 from my list of games to trade - I decided to try to play it again, and I actually manage to get into it this time. Isn't that funny? I mean, if I went from God of War to it, I'd be all "FUuuuuuu! Why do I have to auto-face enemies to attack them?!" But, I dunno, I'm not really having a problem with it too much this time around. I love the voice work, the inner monologs are great! I wish more games did them, it really brings the protagonist to life when you get to hear his/her thoughts and reactions to events.

I also removed my prices for games. I decided it is a bit of a bother to update them all the time, and maybe they were off-putting to people... I'll see how it goes, maybe I will have more success with trades. It seems like hardly anyone on CAG wants PS2 games. :(

#249 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

bump.

they are going to try & get anyone that bumps my thread in trouble. i'll forward you the messages. the jealous mod has still yet to answer my exact questions on who is allowewed to bump & who i'm allowed to bump. this place is going from America to Venezuela, unfortunately.

#250 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

burp

#251 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

That is very strange. Do you think contacting a moderator about it might help?

Ooooh, what sorts of changes will happen? New games?

i think he means negative changes, as it's the mods that are confiscating his posts (well one mod, sp00ge).

#252 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

evening bump.

I spent the past hour putting together a tactics guide for Summoner from the various guides available on Gamefaqs. It takes me a while because I have to change the font, redo tabbing so that things line up... and this time I also used tables instead of trying to make everything line up with tabs. It worked great, I'm very pleased with the results. And this time I did manual duplexing when I printed, so I only have 5 pages (double-sided) to flip through. When I printed out a hodge-podge of guides for Summoner 2, I think I had something like 15+ pages (single-sided total) it was a mess. :p

I started playing Soul Reaver 2, as I mentioned earlier. I quit it in frustration today when a simple error meant I had to redo about 15 minutes of progress - a context action did not appear, and I was zapped by an enemy. Save points are very few and far between. No way I'm slogging back, not when I have to stop every 20 feet to fight respawning enemies. There's no point to fighting enemies, they don't drop anything and there's no XP to be gained. I don't mind fighting them to get through somewhere, but when I backtrack I don't want them to respawn.

#253 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

bump

Gah, I have to figure out what I want for my b-day. Unfortunately, most of the comics I want are in the 3 to 5 dollar range... I set up a spreadsheet to keep track of total price, shipping, and compare prices between sellers.

If only those.... people... at Mile High comics shipped what I wanted 2 years ago instead of a slip saying "oops, sorry, here's a refund for some stuff we didn't actually have in stock."

I hate whittling down my want list even more. I guess I can try to pare it down to what I need to fill in essential gaps in story-lines. Why do all the comics I want have to be out of print and from a bankrupt publisher?! What couldn't I love some series that sells for $1 for a NM issue?

Edited by Alaisiagae, 04 October 2011 - 01:54 AM.

#254 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

bump

#255 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

tgif bump

#256 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

bump-da-bump! I updated my CAG wishlist with PS3 games.

#257 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

bump-bump-da-bump

#258 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

new tactic! I want PS3 games, let's trade!

#259 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

bump

#260 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

bump!

While I have PS2 games listed here, I've got plenty of others on my Tradelist. I figure I'll just rotate through them every month or so.

#261 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

Bump! Added some accessories: my PS2 Splitfish products, and a set of 8MB Sony cards (island blue/crimson red dual-pack, unopened and unused!)

#262 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

bump

#263 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Finally! Six days without internet... I'm traumatized! Stupid snow storm *grumble grumble*

#264 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

le bump

#265 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

bump. Can't get enough cRPGs? Check out the OP, updated with my cRPG classics collection!

#266 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

le bump. c'mon, where are all you PC gamers hiding?

#267 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

le bump

#268 Alaisiagae

Alaisiagae

The Corgi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

le bump!