[DEAD] EA Insider Deals - (Back again) 60% off Bulletstorm & Dead Space 2

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

As long as I can remember, the EA Store has always had some type of issue with their site.

I forget what deal was going on but everybody on CAG was gaga over but I couldn't get a damn order to go through. I guess pretty soon were going to have to download and install some kind of client when ORIGIN takes over.

#92 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

Ahhh. I figured since it was an EA title you NEEDED the online pass thing to play online with the game.

Not that I intend on playing online with the game at all, but that's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Crysis 2 doesn't require a pass either. I think it's an optional thing if it's a game developed by a studio not owned by EA.

#93 mcg24

mcg24

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

Why are people complaining about how long these last? The deal was set for 8 PM EST, if you can't get on close to that time you probably aren't going to get the deal...get over it.

They are "flash" deals for a reason. It says right on the post, "Act quickly, Supplies are limited." Figure it out....

#94 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

Ordered :ps3: Bulletstorm for $16.80 shipped. Thanks OP.

Any chance it will be the Epic Edition? When I was in Best Buy today, I didn't even see any copies that weren't the epic edition.

I'm pretty sure that every ps3 version is the epic version.

#95 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

PS. I tried double dipping with a $15 EA coupon from Recyclebank. Sadly, no luck. Now I've got a coupon I need to find some other good use for...
Posted Image

#96 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

Wow. Deal is DEAD already.:-#

But what Amazon is giving you is CREDIT and if you're paying $16 in cash(plus tax for some, like me) from the site for the game that's not exactly a very smart way to flip games.

Now if you were paying say $5 a copy and then sending it to Amazon, THEN you might have some flippers/hoarders biting on this deal.

But believe me, paying almost as much in cash to make a piddily 'profit' in credit wouldn't be the MO of a smart flipper.;)

I don't disagree entirely, but it's not hard to see how spending $68ish now (based on average of $17 posted by others, plus 2 copies each version from Amazon max) would be worth the $80 if you were already planning or spending regularly at Amazon. 15% discount for virtually no work is a nice incentive for some (and based on how fast it went, what else could be the reason?)

Sure, it's not as awesome as $5 for $20, but what is?
-Michael

Posted Image

#97 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

PS. I tried double dipping with a $15 EA coupon from Recyclebank. Sadly, no luck. Now I've got a coupon I need to find some other good use for...

I wanted to try this out yesterday but missed out. Good thing you tried but it really is sad that they don't stack.

#98 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

They used UPS for the free shipping, should be here tomorrow. Sweet.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#99 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

Got my PS3 copy today. It's the limited edition. :D

#100 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Mine came today as well, also a limited edition.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#101 htown01

htown01

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, I received mine today too :D I ordered a :360: copy but no such luck with it being an Epic Edition (I know, I know, I was just hoping :lol:)

#102 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Both DS2 and Bulletstorm were Limited Editions for me :ps3:

Pleasantly surprised, especially considering others who have ordered from past EA sales didn't get LEs.

Still looking to swap the DS2 for the CE though... >.<

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN, League of Legends~~

1418-6694-9603 // Add me for PKMN fun! (PM me w/ you FC if you do add -.-)

#103 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:25 AM

Aren't all Dead Space 2 for ps3 Limited Editions? I don't think I've seen otherwise, I received my copy of Bulletstorm for ps3 and was awarded with a LE copy as well.

#104 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

My copy of :ps3:Bulletstorm was waiting for my on my front porch when I finally got home around 9:30 tonight. Normally the UPS guy would just stash it behind my recycling bins on the side of my house, but I guess he musta been in a hurry today.

And yes, I too received a Limited Edition copy.

What I find funniest(besides the wayyyyy oversized box they loaded up with air pillows that they shipped it in:lol:) is that they sent it with basically two day shipping.

Hell of a deal. Now I'm kinda regretting I didn't order Dead Space 2 for $17 shipped too.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#105 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

So dumb that they didn't just ship both games in one box (2 orders due to promo not applying).

Imagine how much money they could save if they fixed their online storefront, and also by not using 2nd Day Air as "free standard shipping."

They're basically giving copies away at this point >.>

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN, League of Legends~~

1418-6694-9603 // Add me for PKMN fun! (PM me w/ you FC if you do add -.-)