CAGcast #246: The Almost Lost Episode

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

My god this was bad. I didn't think it was possible to make a show this bad. This has to be the worst cagcast to date. Sorry guys but this was just terrible.

#32 thwak

thwak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:52 AM

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

#33 Hoarr

Hoarr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:06 AM

I laugh anytime any moron uses the word "professional" when describing an unregulated internet show put on by gamers. I even see people similarly slag the BombCast whenever one of those guys gets a fact wrong or speaks openly against a game -- "you need to be more professional with [blah blah blah]".

Don't listen to the whiners -- the show was entertaining.

I have no signature. :(

#34 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:29 AM

I laugh anytime any moron uses the word "professional" when describing an unregulated internet show put on by gamers. I even see people similarly slag the BombCast whenever one of those guys gets a fact wrong or speaks openly against a game -- "you need to be more professional with [blah blah blah]".

Don't listen to the whiners -- the show was entertaining.

Yeah. What this guy said.

Why do people want the show to be professional, anyway? One of the main things I like about the show is how relatable the hosts are. When it comes down to it, they are just like most of us, an average person who likes playing games. Except, unlike the average person, I think they do a great job at coming up with interesting discussion and making the show entertaining. :P If I wanted something "professional," I'd watch some shit on G4 or IGN or something. BORING.

#35 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

LOLOLOLOL

"We got so much DLC planned , that we couldn't fit it on a disc."

Epic.

#36 fahq1977

fahq1977

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

That being said, this latest podcast should not have been released.

People who enjoy something, especially to extreme levels, are quick to criticize when things are less than stellar. I get that this wasn't a great show, but most are, and they are free, timely, and poignant. BECAUSE I like CAGcast and the site so much, I would like a show every 7 days, I would like Wombat not to be distracted by kids, I would like 70-80 minutes of involved game chat, personal back stories of the podcasters in a tight, funny and informative package. This week, that didn't happen. But normally, I get that, for free, in spades.

So I see how you can be disappointed, but condescension toward three guys who do a great job 99% of the time is really uncalled for.

Great work, Ship, Cheapy and Wombat. Most of us are behind you completely.

#37 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

In spite of the technical issues, I enjoyed this episode. If every episode was like this, I would probably have an aneurism, though :whee:

Cheapy, Wombat, Shipwreck: one or more of you is using wireless internet with Skype with a 3-way call. This is probably 95% of your weekly issues. The other 5% is that Skype in general sucks for no good reason. You should each be hard wired (ethernet) to your router in some fashion. If you need cords, of any length, please let me know. I would be happy, even thrilled, to send ethernet cords to each of you.

If it turns out that all 3 of you were wired this episode, then, shockingly, Skype just sucks. Or Bittorrent. Stop your torrents while you record ;)

Thanks for the CAGcast! Every week it airs is a great week for me :bow:

#38 joyce_181502

joyce_181502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

I can't quite put my finger on why ... but this was one of your BEST podcasts.

It was great listening to the BOTH of you talk about NASCAR.

#39 VladZhao

VladZhao

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Personally I didn't mind the shitty Skype connection. But anyways, question for Wombat, do you think the fifth anniversary edition of Oblivion is worth picking up, especially with Skyrim so close? I've heard a quite a few people say that it's aged terribly, but I've never gotten around to playing it despite loving Fallout 3.

#40 CaptNink

CaptNink

Building consensus.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Another fabulous CagCast! If you didn't like it because of the technical screw-ups, get bent! The technical hiccups made it an "edge-of-your-seat" radio drama!

Loved it, as always. Except for Ship's comment about L.A. Noire. That made me sad inside.
Posted Image]

#41 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

I can't quite put my finger on why ... but this was one of your BEST podcasts.

It was great listening to the BOTH of you talk about NASCAR.

ouch

#42 supermidget

supermidget

Agent Short

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

Funny enough I agree with a lot of people with saying this was one of the funniest cagcasts and most enjoyable! The change in format (as unintentional as it was) made it so much more interesting and I loved the NASCAR bit. Please don't change guys, you are the best podcast in gaming! Keep up the laughs and the info!

#43 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

I agree with all the praise for this episode and wonder why all the hate towards it and Wombat.

I look forward to every episode and will break into other podcasts just to listen to the CAGcast ASAP.

It's the perfect balance of opinion, news and nonsense.

I think there should be a thread of "Cheapy made me buy it" for everyone to throw in their new favorite games that came from a recommendation of Cheapy, Shipwreck or Wombat. Cheapy doesn't have to reimburse people that don't like the recommendations, but I've bought and played many games just because of your ringing endorsements. It's just too bad that more people can't get online and play with you guys. (C'mon Microsoft, expand the friends list cap).

My new guilty pleasure is 50 Cent: BOTS... thanks to CAG.

#44 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Even with all the tech issues it's still the most entertaining podcast around. Poop, NASCAR, Kids, Moving, Mice in couch, Mrs. Cheapy reviewing a vibrator....it's all great to listen to

#45 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

I lasted 15 minutes. Also, I don't criticize every word that comes out of everyone else's mouth like wombat. If everything he said was funny, that would be one thing. Unfortunately, he's mostly condescending and mean spirited.

Wombat, I have a request of the utmost urgency. During the "listener feedback" portion on the next CAGcast, PLEASE read mm2barry's post(s) and be sure to point out that he is a big Douche Bag!

Yes mm2barry, You are a D-Bag!! -"Unfortunately, he's mostly condescending and mean spirited." . . . Save your D-bag whinning for Doctor Phil. Shit, even Dr Phil would think you're a D-Bag!

The fact of the matter is the CAGcast is a FREE podcast put on by three close friends. They talk about video games, shit their kids do, shit invlolving shit...litterally, gangsta wannabe thug life shit and random shit they do (i.e. NASCAR races, E3 meet/greets, vacations in Japan, etc.). I thoroughly enjoy each podcast and I appreciate the fact that these guys are just being themselves. So, if Wombat wants to bust Cheapy's chops for using XXXL Magnum condoms even though he's married, then so be it!!! That doesn't mean he's condescending or mean spirited, it just means he's a witty dude with a good sense of humor!!! We all know Cheapy has his reasons for using condoms (some BullShit about chemicals) but that doesn't mean you can't bust his chops about it (I sure as shit would!!!).

Besides, haven't you played the "Wombat is a Dick" videogame? It got a 95 on metracritic. You can download the demo on Xbox LIVE. The first level is all about how amazed you can be when discovering how fast your second child can come out of your wife's vagina.

I know I've gone on too long with this rant so I'll finish it with this last fact/assumption. If Cheapy fell on hard times and was in desperate need of a kidney transplant, then you can bet your last red cent Wombat would do whatever he could to help him out even if that means hunting your D-Bag ass down and leaving you to fend for yourself in a bathtub full of ice. . . . ok ok OK, we all know Wombat wouldn't do that . . . . but the thought would have crossed his mind.

Bread's done BITCH so GoDaddy or go Fuck YOURSELF!!!!

#46 Kuromimi

Kuromimi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

Bread's done BITCH so GoDaddy or go Fuck YOURSELF!!!!

Haha nice!

Great show guys!
Posted Image

#47 KRATOS

KRATOS

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

wtf?! why isn't there an upvote button or something for kung fu zephyr's post?! that was a hilarious post and i definitely agree. this episode was one of the best even with it's technical difficulties, and mm2barry is indeed a hater.

#48 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:01 AM

Man did I enjoy this CAG cast, It was hilarious and I'm glad you guy kept at it!

#49 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

I wouldn't say that Ms. Splosion Man's much harder than Splosion Man, just more complex since there are a number of new mechanics.

I wasn't a fan of the MLB Bobblehead game since it felt like a PC baseball game from 15 years ago. Wasn't a fan of Dead Block either, which felt like TF2 meets Call of Duty Zombies without much quality/polish.

Cheapy's Racist Comment of the Week occurs during the Ace Combat segment.

Decent show for all of the problems throughout. I'm surprised that you didn't cut your losses at a certain point to end up with a shorter show.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#50 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

Even with all the audio glitches I thought it was as entertaining as always. As for the Rockstar games stories I thought Red Dead Redemption had a much better story than any other Rockstar game I have played before.

#51 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

I think Skype was acting up itself that day. I got disconnected from Sean and Jen during the recording of our final podcast.
Posted Image Posted Image

#52 AngryDragon888

AngryDragon888

9 Toes 3 Balls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

Especially liked the part where Cheapy was critiquing the audio on other podcast saying they had their music to loud when he himself was having all sorts of audio issues.

#53 200STM

200STM

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

I thought the episode was okay for what the technical problems were. I have a friend whos family enjoy going to nascar events here in California. Wombat, CheapyD, and Shipwreck I know you guys don't really take in consideration about what suggestions we can offer for show (after all I think you 3 have found a good working routine now) but I am going to take a shot. I would like to know if you guys ever have a slow week sometime that maybe you can talk about console buying experiences, like for example I remember back in an older CAGcast Wombat talked about how he bought his Wii and Twilight Princess at the Nintendo Store. I think it would be interesting to know just suggesting. By the way Apple products don't matter when it comes to bad internets

#54 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

Especially liked the part where Cheapy was critiquing the audio on other podcast saying they had their music to loud when he himself was having all sorts of audio issues.

Our issues were not down to our production. I do not control the internet.

#55 AngryDragon888

AngryDragon888

9 Toes 3 Balls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

Our issues were not down to our production. I do not control the internet.

I know....just giving you crap. Still enjoyed the show despite the issues...despite the NASCAR discussion of course.

#56 Mayday

Mayday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:47 AM

Hey Guys, despite the technical difficulties with last weeks show it still managed to give me all the laughs and lack of video game news I've come to expect of the CAGcast. Great job. This is question is aimed at Cheapyd, but if Womberto and Boatcrash want to chime in, feel free.

I know you're a big fan of Howard Stern. I was just wondering what you thought on his view on Video Games. He seems to think they're a waste of time and aimed at children, and for someone who has never played a video game, he likes to slam them habitually.

Love the show, keep on cag'in.

#57 AngryDragon888

AngryDragon888

9 Toes 3 Balls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

I know you're a big fan of Howard Stern. I was just wondering what you thought on his view on Video Games. He seems to think they're a waste of time and aimed at children, and for someone who has never played a video game, he likes to slam them habitually.

I too am a huge Howard fan and he definitely seems to think video games are childish and a waste of time. I find it funny how people think its acceptable to watch several hours of horrible TV shows each night (American Idol, Bachelor, Dancing with the stars, etc.), but playing a video game for several hours is a waste of time.

#58 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

Backbreaker is one of the worst games I have ever played.

#59 Darklighter

Darklighter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

I know you blame it on the internet, but I've been having problems with skype calls getting disconnected recently as well.

I think you guys should give a shot recording over Google+ hangout instead. I've found it to be more reliable, plus it just sounds cooler to say you are using google+ and all that.

#60 ufskenney

ufskenney

I got nuthin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

Here is a thought that would put a twist on your "Cheapy made me buy it" segment. Rather than Cheapy refunding the entire amount of the game, he refunds the difference between the buy and recommend price. For example, you (Wombat) said you would recommend Backbreaker for $10. Since you paid $15, Cheapy will pay you $5 (or space points).

This makes it a little more reasonable for good games they you might not be able to recommend for full price.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked - What you say to an Irishman when he buys you a beer.

Posted ImagePosted Image