CAGcast #246: The Almost Lost Episode

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]We had some technical issues, but I think you will all agree that this is a show about video games...and NASCAR. Get your questions or topics answered via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]155[/podcast]
Download - 71 minutes, 42MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN
Monthly Special: $13.99 .co domains = CAG1399[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

"Hello? Hello?"

Oh, Cheapy, you crack me up.

Great show, I was laughing pretty hard at the technical difficulties. :applause:

Man, CAGcasts have been getting better and better lately. Thank you, guys. You are getting me through some pretty tough times.

One of the best intro songs ever.

I liked hearing about the Nascar stuff. My father in law loves Nascar and I just don't understand that stuff so it was nice to get some insight into what is fun about it.

Yeah, I hate Skype for long-distance calls. My gf lives in Thailand and we always had problems with it. We use Google chat now, instead.

I thought the show had a lot of funny moments this week, despite the technical difficulties. I tried to listen to it going to sleep, but I couldn't until the show was over since I was laughing too much, haha. The NASCAR bit was pretty cool to hear about, too. I'd rather you put up a show that has crap wrong with it then to cancel it altogether (like other podcasters would do). Anyway, nice job guys.

Shipwreck's Nascar story was very cool.

I had the same last-mile-takes-an-hour experience going to the Dover, DE race in September, 2009. The traffic was fine until we got close to Dover Downs, and then it just stopped. We had trackside tours passes but we didn't arrive in time to actually use them. And even halfway up the stands, earplugs were essential. The race went on so long (partly because of this bad crash) that I got a little sunburn on my arms, so it's not the safest place for people with fair skin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPJLep_ObWY

I must admit that I almost gave up on the show due to the technical difficulties. A guy can only listen to so many "...hello?" before he gives up. Nonetheless, I stuck with it and was happily rewarded with the hilarious Wombat line - "You need to buy Asian Virgins!! What?" - followed by Cheapy sombering saying "yeah, Asian Virgins is what I am buying . . .". I was crying from laughing so hard, sooooooo funny!

Anyway, The show was definitely enjoyable, but still no "top analyst" segment. Any reason why?? Maybe you guys could improve that segment by adding a gambling element to the mix. Pick how you think gaming sales will perform and put some money (and/or PSN/Microsoft points) down on the action.

You should have named this show "clusterfuck by Skype". Hello? Anyone there, hello, uh oh, hello.....ship, cheapy, hello.

WTF no cagcast Thug Life? Very disappointed.

But it was very funny hearing Cheapy D lost by himself asking "Hello?".

Great show, it was actually very funny since this does not happen very often.

Yikes, this episode was a train wreck. But even with the technical difficulties and 10+ minutes of NASCAR talk, it was still more entertaining than both Joystiq Shows put together.

Sounds like you guys hired Scott the Engineer and he brought his black cloud with him

Guys, I listen to the podcast every week and I normally enjoy it thoroughly (although Wombat can be very douchey at times and I appreciate when Cheapy curtly dismisses his smartass comments).
That being said, this latest podcast should not have been released. You guys don't produce the most professional podcast as it is (and that's not an insult, just an observation), so releasing this incomplete, technically messy podcast was unnecessary. it should've been shelved.
we've gone about 2 weeks without a podcast, so a few more days wouldn't have been that bad.
Keep up the normally good work and I look forward to the next installment.
also, Wombat is a douche, congrats on your new son.

You've been a far bigger douche in one short, poorly formatted post than Wombat has been on 200+ episodes of the CAGcast.

Despite the technical problems it was fun to listen to, and if the technical stuff annoyed you so much you should have just turned it off.

Oh man can't wait to give this a listen^^

How many almost lost episodes has there been? Not enough haha can't wait to listen

[quote name='Curufinwe']You've been a far bigger douche in one short, poorly formatted post than Wombat has been on 200+ episodes of the CAGcast.

Despite the technical problems it was fun to listen to, and if the technical stuff annoyed you so much you should have just turned it off.[/QUOTE]
I lasted 15 minutes. Also, I don't criticize every word that comes out of everyone else's mouth like wombat. If everything he said was funny, that would be one thing. Unfortunately, he's mostly condescending and mean spirited.

I love you guys for not editing this. Very funny, and very cool the way you guys pushed through it. It's the antithesis of The Joystiq Show, and I hope it never changes.

Having finished the episode now I will say if every episode was like this one it would be very, very annoying. However, just this once it was really funny.

It means something that I could listen to the whole CAGcast this week with all the problems you guys had and still enjoy it, yet I couldn't get through the super produced joystiq podcast. What you guys have is personality... please don't mess with that. Joystiq also had great personalities but their new formula has yet to take that talent and use it to any further advantage... their new formula doesn't fit with who they are.

[quote name='warmonked']Hour long CAGCast with CAG crew disconnecting randomly >>> joystiq show

Zing![/QUOTE]

This. :applause: I tried to listen to the second Joystiq Show, but I just couldn't do it. The effort to sound like NPR is just silly.

Just as Shipwreck's collared shirt was too fancy for Nascar, Joystiq is trying to be way too fancy for video games. This leads to my question (which is for Shipwreck):

Ship, I have heard you say more than once that you believe that the Joystiq guys "will figure it out", but wouldn't you think that if they revert back or stray from this new format significantly (which is necessary) that they will look foolish for trying in the first place?

I understand that you are all friends, and the CAGcast listeners respect that. We realize you don't want to comment too much, but trust me, if you guys nicely suggest where the Joystiq show could go from here, you'd be doing your friends a huge favor!

My god this was bad. I didn't think it was possible to make a show this bad. This has to be the worst cagcast to date. Sorry guys but this was just terrible.

I laugh anytime any moron uses the word "professional" when describing an unregulated internet show put on by gamers. I even see people similarly slag the BombCast whenever one of those guys gets a fact wrong or speaks openly against a game -- "you need to be more professional with [blah blah blah]".

Don't listen to the whiners -- the show was entertaining.

[quote name='Hoarr']I laugh anytime any moron uses the word "professional" when describing an unregulated internet show put on by gamers. I even see people similarly slag the BombCast whenever one of those guys gets a fact wrong or speaks openly against a game -- "you need to be more professional with [blah blah blah]".

Don't listen to the whiners -- the show was entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. What this guy said.

Why do people want the show to be professional, anyway? One of the main things I like about the show is how relatable the hosts are. When it comes down to it, they are just like most of us, an average person who likes playing games. Except, unlike the average person, I think they do a great job at coming up with interesting discussion and making the show entertaining. :p If I wanted something "professional," I'd watch some shit on G4 or IGN or something. BORING.

[quote name='mm2barry']
That being said, this latest podcast should not have been released. [/QUOTE]

People who enjoy something, especially to extreme levels, are quick to criticize when things are less than stellar. I get that this wasn't a great show, but most are, and they are free, timely, and poignant. BECAUSE I like CAGcast and the site so much, I would like a show every 7 days, I would like Wombat not to be distracted by kids, I would like 70-80 minutes of involved game chat, personal back stories of the podcasters in a tight, funny and informative package. This week, that didn't happen. But normally, I get that, for free, in spades.

So I see how you can be disappointed, but condescension toward three guys who do a great job 99% of the time is really uncalled for.

Great work, Ship, Cheapy and Wombat. Most of us are behind you completely.

In spite of the technical issues, I enjoyed this episode. If every episode was like this, I would probably have an aneurism, though :whee:

Cheapy, Wombat, Shipwreck: one or more of you is using wireless internet with Skype with a 3-way call. This is probably 95% of your weekly issues. The other 5% is that Skype in general sucks for no good reason. You should each be hard wired (ethernet) to your router in some fashion. If you need cords, of any length, please let me know. I would be happy, even thrilled, to send ethernet cords to each of you.

If it turns out that all 3 of you were wired this episode, then, shockingly, Skype just sucks. Or Bittorrent. Stop your torrents while you record ;)

Thanks for the CAGcast! Every week it airs is a great week for me :bow:

I can't quite put my finger on why ... but this was one of your BEST podcasts.

It was great listening to the BOTH of you talk about NASCAR.

Personally I didn't mind the shitty Skype connection. But anyways, question for Wombat, do you think the fifth anniversary edition of Oblivion is worth picking up, especially with Skyrim so close? I've heard a quite a few people say that it's aged terribly, but I've never gotten around to playing it despite loving Fallout 3.

Another fabulous CagCast! If you didn't like it because of the technical screw-ups, get bent! The technical hiccups made it an "edge-of-your-seat" radio drama!

Loved it, as always. Except for Ship's comment about L.A. Noire. That made me sad inside.

[quote name='joyce_181502']I can't quite put my finger on why ... but this was one of your BEST podcasts.

It was great listening to the BOTH of you talk about NASCAR.[/QUOTE]

ouch

Funny enough I agree with a lot of people with saying this was one of the funniest cagcasts and most enjoyable! The change in format (as unintentional as it was) made it so much more interesting and I loved the NASCAR bit. Please don't change guys, you are the best podcast in gaming! Keep up the laughs and the info!

I agree with all the praise for this episode and wonder why all the hate towards it and Wombat.

I look forward to every episode and will break into other podcasts just to listen to the CAGcast ASAP.

It's the perfect balance of opinion, news and nonsense.

I think there should be a thread of "Cheapy made me buy it" for everyone to throw in their new favorite games that came from a recommendation of Cheapy, Shipwreck or Wombat. Cheapy doesn't have to reimburse people that don't like the recommendations, but I've bought and played many games just because of your ringing endorsements. It's just too bad that more people can't get online and play with you guys. (C'mon Microsoft, expand the friends list cap).

My new guilty pleasure is 50 Cent: BOTS... thanks to CAG.

Even with all the tech issues it's still the most entertaining podcast around. Poop, NASCAR, Kids, Moving, Mice in couch, Mrs. Cheapy reviewing a vibrator....it's all great to listen to

[quote name='mm2barry']I lasted 15 minutes. Also, I don't criticize every word that comes out of everyone else's mouth like wombat. If everything he said was funny, that would be one thing. Unfortunately, he's mostly condescending and mean spirited.[/QUOTE]

Wombat, I have a request of the utmost urgency. During the "listener feedback" portion on the next CAGcast, PLEASE read mm2barry's post(s) and be sure to point out that he is a big Douche Bag!

Yes mm2barry, You are a D-Bag!! -"Unfortunately, he's mostly condescending and mean spirited." . . . Save your D-bag whinning for Doctor Phil. Shit, even Dr Phil would think you're a D-Bag!

The fact of the matter is the CAGcast is a FREE podcast put on by three close friends. They talk about video games, shit their kids do, shit invlolving shit...litterally, gangsta wannabe thug life shit and random shit they do (i.e. NASCAR races, E3 meet/greets, vacations in Japan, etc.). I thoroughly enjoy each podcast and I appreciate the fact that these guys are just being themselves. So, if Wombat wants to bust Cheapy's chops for using XXXL Magnum condoms even though he's married, then so be it!!! That doesn't mean he's condescending or mean spirited, it just means he's a witty dude with a good sense of humor!!! We all know Cheapy has his reasons for using condoms (some BullShit about chemicals) but that doesn't mean you can't bust his chops about it (I sure as shit would!!!).

Besides, haven't you played the "Wombat is a Dick" videogame? It got a 95 on metracritic. You can download the demo on Xbox LIVE. The first level is all about how amazed you can be when discovering how fast your second child can come out of your wife's vagina.

I know I've gone on too long with this rant so I'll finish it with this last fact/assumption. If Cheapy fell on hard times and was in desperate need of a kidney transplant, then you can bet your last red cent Wombat would do whatever he could to help him out even if that means hunting your D-Bag ass down and leaving you to fend for yourself in a bathtub full of ice. . . . ok ok OK, we all know Wombat wouldn't do that . . . . but the thought would have crossed his mind.

Bread's done BITCH so GoDaddy or go fuck YOURSELF!!!!

[quote name='Kung Fu ZEPHYR']
Bread's done BITCH so GoDaddy or go fuck YOURSELF!!!![/QUOTE]
Haha nice!

Great show guys!

wtf?! why isn't there an upvote button or something for kung fu zephyr's post?! that was a hilarious post and i definitely agree. this episode was one of the best even with it's technical difficulties, and mm2barry is indeed a hater.

I wouldn't say that Ms. Splosion Man's much harder than Splosion Man, just more complex since there are a number of new mechanics.

I wasn't a fan of the MLB Bobblehead game since it felt like a PC baseball game from 15 years ago. Wasn't a fan of Dead Block either, which felt like TF2 meets Call of Duty Zombies without much quality/polish.

Cheapy's Racist Comment of the Week occurs during the Ace Combat segment.

Decent show for all of the problems throughout. I'm surprised that you didn't cut your losses at a certain point to end up with a shorter show.

bread's done
Back