August Xbox Live "Deal of the Week" - 8/2/11 NOTHING?!?

dotCody

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)

Week Of August 2

Week Of July 26

BONUS: Microsoft Games Studio sale - 50% off select add-ons!

Week of July 19

Week of July 12

Source:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ca/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're like me and have no idea what some of that meant:

Undead Nightmare Collection -> Red Dead Redemption DLC
The Passing -> Left for Dead 2 DLC
Stubbs the Zombie -> Xbox 1 game(but you should all know that :))
Twin Blades -> Nice looking xbox indie game.

[quote name='Mr.']Another zombies week? I guess they're telling us to save for Summer of Arcade next week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, them's some pretty sad deals.

I just picked up RDR yesterday for $20 at Wal-Mart. I think I should grab the Undead Nightmare as well while it's on sale.

The only question is should I get the collection for 1000 or just the UN Pack for 800? Do people still play the MP?

[quote name='Korahn']I just picked up RDR yesterday for $20 at Wal-Mart. I think I should grab the Undead Nightmare as well while it's on sale.

The only question is should I get the collection for 1000 or just the UN Pack for 800? Do people still play the MP?[/QUOTE]

Get the Collection. You'll be happy that you did.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I can't wait to see what old DLC packs get discounted this week. :cool:[/QUOTE]

So... is the 30% discount on the Gamertag change the actual "Deal of the Week?"

If I have ever previously made a statement about "Worst DOTW Ever," I categorically rescind any such comments.

[quote name='Derfel']So... is the 30% discount on the Gamertag change the actual "Deal of the Week?"

If I have ever previously made a statement about "Worst DOTW Ever," I categorically rescind any such comments.[/QUOTE]

Not that I'd ever pay for either but this is probably a better deal than 30% off avatar clothes.

[quote name='Opopanax']Not that I'd ever pay for either but this is probably a better deal than 30% off avatar clothes.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, guess what the deal is this week! :D

[quote name='Hyunkel']From Neogaf, DOTW is Rock Band stuff:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the Rock Band packs for sale are pre- RB3 (Except the Bon Jovi one - which I already have) so no keyboards or Pro-instruments. Guess it's a pass on this week as well. Too bad, because I usually enjoy Rock Band deals. Metallica Blink-182 Lady Gaga Bon Jovi Queen

Fable (games on demand) is one of the deals this week, discounted to 800 MSP.

My question is does this version have all the content of the Lost Chapters retail edition? I'd like to get the most complete edition I can, but the GoD one is so convenient.

(For interest's sake, the other discounted games are Black, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, and The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, all 800 MSP).

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Fable (games on demand) is one of the deals this week, discounted to 800 MSP.

My question is does this version have all the content of the Lost Chapters retail edition? I'd like to get the most complete edition I can, but the GoD one is so convenient.

(For interest's sake, the other discounted games are Black, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, and The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, all 800 MSP).[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain that it's NOT the Lost Chapters version. I played through Lost Chapters on 360 and there are some definite stability issues; I think the original release was less problematic with the BC.

[quote name='Derfel']I'm fairly certain that it's NOT the Lost Chapters version. I played through Lost Chapters on 360 and there are some definite stability issues; I think the original release was less problematic with the BC.[/QUOTE]

Drats. On one hand, I want the extra content, but on the other hand, I want to actually be able to play it.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Drats. On one hand, I want the extra content, but on the other hand, I want to actually be able to play it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I finished the whole game, so it does work... you just need to save often and expect the occasional freeze if you go with the Lost Chapters rev.

http://majornelson.com/2011/08/23/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-8/

Deal of the Week

Bulletstorm Gun Sonata DLC Pack 400 (50% off)
Bulletstorm Blood Symphony DLC Pack 400 (50% off)
Red Faction: Battlegrounds 400 (50% off)
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction: Deniable Ops Insurgency Pack 400 (50% off)
Hydrophobia 400 (50% off)

Manic Machines Sale August 30-September 5th

Gatling Gears 400 (50% off)
Metal Arms: Glitch In The Systems 800 (33% off)
BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den 400 (50% off)
Borderlands Claptrap New Revolutions 400 (50% off)

Games on Demand sale this week:

Gears of War Games on demand $14.99
Gears of War 2 Games on demand $14.99

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9499-This-Week-on-Xbox-Live-[XBLA-and-DotW].html

On the deals front this week, there's another chance to complement your copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with all of the add-on DLC at half the price befor Battlefield 3 comes out, with Bad Company 2 Vietnam a steal at just 600 Microsoft Points and Onslaught Mode a bargain for 200. Have a look:

Bad Company 2 Onslaught Mode - Was: 400 MSP Now: 200 MSP
Bad Company 2 Vietnam - Was: 1200 MSP Now: 600 MSP
Bad Company 2 VIP - Was: 800 MSP Now: 400 MSP
Bad Company 2 Kit Short-Cut Bundle Pack - Was: 1200 MSP Now: 600 MSP
Bad Company 2 SPECACT Upgrade Bundle - Was: 480 MSP Now: 240 MSP
Bad Company 2 Vietnam Theme - Was: 240 MSP Now: 120 MSP
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Theme - Was: 240 MSP Now: 120 MSP

bread's done
Back