Madden NFL 12 (Hall of Fame Edition) - $89.95 and now with $20 future credit @ Amazon

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Sorry for the seperate thread but this was definitely the deciding factor in my purchase. I know I just checked this listing a day or two ago and the credit wasn't their at the time so it is fairly new. This is supposed to be truly limited so if you're not sure buy (preorder, no charge until it ships) now and think later

PS3

Xbox 360

Haven't bought a Madden game in three years...maybe this is the one? Ordered, and can cancel as the day approaches if I change my mind...

[quote name='xTyDiRiUmx']Truly limited @ $125k copies...?[/QUOTE]

ummm.. yes compared to many collector's editions that is truly limited.

I would actually do this if it wasn't for the NFL labor dispute still in progress. I won't support them with any type of related purchase as long as that is still an issue.

[quote name='Zimmy']Wow, trading cards and an autograph from Marshall Faulk.
Let me get my checkbook.[/QUOTE]

Compared too... non tangible DLC and an artbook? I'd rather have something that is of actual physical value.

I buy NCAA and Madden every year, and I've had the Hall of Fame Edition preordered since it was announced. Good to see Amazon add the $20 credit to it. I love Marshall Faulk.

Ugh... Cards are Panini? That's weird... Why didn't EA go with Upper Deck or Playoff or something? I haven't picked up Madden since 2006... If they ever have full multiplayer seasons with a fantasy draft, I'd be in... I LOVED the way the NFL Fever did it back in the day where you played a full season and then the playoffs and got a SB trophy on your in game profile...

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Blah. One of the worst CE's I've seen. 30 Bucks more for questionable content, and most of all?

No Hillis, No thanks.[/QUOTE]

The cover athlete is the deciding factor in whether it's a good deal?

Silly me. I thought it was about the game

[quote name='GBAstar']Compared too... non tangible DLC and an artbook? I'd rather have something that is of actual physical value.[/QUOTE]

Give me something tangible to the game.
How about classic rosters and stadiums exclusive to this edition?
The arcade version as a bonus?

I could come with a bunch of ideas instead of some worthless trading cards and a pretty box.

[quote name='Zimmy']Give me something tangible to the game.
How about classic rosters and stadiums exclusive to this edition?
The arcade version as a bonus?

I could come with a bunch of ideas instead of some worthless trading cards and a pretty box.[/QUOTE]

If you have such great ideas, why aren't you working for EA?

What stadiums could they have that's exclusive? Maybe recreate the Vet so Wendell Davis could blow both his knees out again?

The teams play where they play. Who really thinks playing a game at the rose bowl is so cool that it's worth the time and effort and would move units.

Nope. CEs need more physical stuff and less dlc.

i would love to buy this, but there is no real benefit u get from HOF edition. Signed card is useless to me, and $30 for booster packs for ultimate team?? F NO, its not worth that much, maybe $70? or all add ons or future DLC's should be included in this, and make it $80. for $90, keep it as it is, but add 2 tickets for an actual NFL game (if there is one).

other than that no way, i have pre-order the actual game for $35 using $25 of credit, and i will get back $20 on top of that, which is what it actually worth. Madden does not improve that much every year, they should retail it at $40 to start with.

(just my opinions)

[quote name='bobphone']No way he signed 125k items. Sorry, guys.[/QUOTE]

they tweeted that he was busy signing the cards, like few days back. But who knows?

If he doesnt sign them, isn't it fraud?

If he signs 25 a minute it would take him 5000 minutes. Ouch.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']If they ever have full multiplayer seasons with a fantasy draft, I'd be in[/QUOTE]

They've had this for a few years now.

[quote name='confoosious']If you have such great ideas, why aren't you working for EA?

What stadiums could they have that's exclusive? Maybe recreate the Vet so Wendell Davis could blow both his knees out again?

The teams play where they play. Who really thinks playing a game at the rose bowl is so cool that it's worth the time and effort and would move units.

Nope. CEs need more physical stuff and less dlc.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if I was, I would hear, "why didn't we think of that?" several times a day.

And yes, exactly that, let me recreate classic games in the old stadiums. Am I the only one who would want it?
I'm not against special editions, I bought the last Madden one that included old versions of Madden on the disc.
Give me something for my money, that's all I ask.
And to the guy that mentioned they should include some sort of DLC all access pass, Bingo! now that is what I am talking about.
But nah, how about some 5 x 7 glossy pics of John Madden walking the sidelines.

I want this, but this is frickin' expensive! $90! I hope there's enough copies left to grab at a price drop.

And while I haven't played many Madden games and don't want to sound like a Madden hater, playing '11 and remembering how things from '08 and before looked, I really do not see much improvements with Madden games graphically. The models just look like their previous generation counterparts and lack a lot of the fancy effects of current gen games. And some of the animations are completely off. On the PS3, I was playing '11 with a friend, and I "picked up" the ball from an onside kick. The ball was on the turf, behind my player's leg, then somehow climbed up into his hand after two steps. We watched this on replay several times confused.

The obligatory Penny Arcade from 2005 still seems to hold true: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/9/12/

[quote name='loserboy']Haven't bought a Madden game in three years...maybe this is the one? Ordered, and can cancel as the day approaches if I change my mind...[/QUOTE]

I haven't bought one since ' 08...it's pretty much the game every year with a few additions

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I haven't bought one since ' 08...it's pretty much the game every year with a few additions[/QUOTE]

That's how EA works.. If they put all the good shit in every year, they'd actually have to work on new features every year. By stringing it out, they have an endless supply of minor shit to tout every year while doing little actual work.

[quote name='confoosious']The cover athlete is the deciding factor in whether it's a good deal?

Silly me. I thought it was about the game[/QUOTE]

For this year's Madden, Yeah. Marshall's already been on the cover.

[quote name='confoosious']If he doesnt sign them, isn't it fraud?

If he signs 25 a minute it would take him 5000 minutes. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

4 days of straight signing? i'm in

So is this really an extra $30 for just a signed card? or am I missing something? Not trying to bash the HoF edition but just trying to understand what else is included.

[quote name='AJVtony831']So is this really an extra $30 for just a signed card? or am I missing something? Not trying to bash the HoF edition but just trying to understand what else is included.[/QUOTE]

you get to bow down to Marshall Faulk

Maybe they used an autopen to do many of the signatures. Seems to have worked for President Obama.

[quote name='confoosious']
What stadiums could they have that's exclusive? Maybe recreate the Vet so Wendell Davis could blow both his knees out again?[/QUOTE]

Wow, a Wendell Davis reference on CAG! Are you a Bears fan or just interested in catastrophic injuries? ;)

Anyway, they absolutely could have included 'classic' stadiums. I'm sure Redskins fans would like to play in a re-created RFK (fitting as 'Skins LB Chris Hanburger is part of the 2011 HoF class). How about allowing the Vikings to play outdoors in Metropolitan Stadium?

Moreover, they could have included international sites like Rogers Centre and Wembly Stadium (where actual 2011 games are scheduled this year)
or Azteca Stadium and Toyko Dome (where previous NFL games have been played).

To me, this adds more value to the *game* than any of the current extras. But then again, I dont (intentionally) collect games (backlog notwithstanding ;)).

[quote name='hostyl1']Maybe they used an autopen to do many of the signatures. Seems to have worked for President Obama.

Wow, a Wendell Davis reference on CAG! Are you a Bears fan or just interested in catastrophic injuries? ;)

Anyway, they absolutely could have included 'classic' stadiums. I'm sure Redskins fans would like to play in a re-created RFK (fitting as 'Skins LB Chris Hanburger is part of the 2011 HoF class). How about allowing the Vikings to play outdoors in Metropolitan Stadium?

Moreover, they could have included international sites like Rogers Centre and Wembly Stadium (where actual 2011 games are scheduled this year)
or Azteca Stadium and Toyko Dome (where previous NFL games have been played).

To me, this adds more value to the *game* than any of the current extras. But then again, I dont (intentionally) collect games (backlog notwithstanding ;)).[/QUOTE]

Look. DLC is nice. But it adds absolutely NO long term value (i.e. Dragon Age 2 signature ed.). When a game is released with DLC that is thought to be exclusive or limited everyone goes bananas. Great; you can have your DLC that everyone else will have shortly thereafter. I want something that adds longterm value so that my game isn't worth just its weight in turd one month, six months, six years later.

To me DLC is way way way overrated and something that can be (edit: Should be) patched in via an upgrade or download at some later point.

This site cracks me up; so far I've heard that "everything" included in CE/LE/SE is stupid; Statues, Helmets, Action figures, Playing cards, Art books, etc. Sometimes you just can't win.

Edit: Unless you throw in boxers, a pillow case and replica pizza box... but then again it is COOL to be UNCOOL

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Is it 125,000 for EACH console?

xD[/QUOTE]

No 125,000 total. Meaning 62,500 copies for the ps3, and 360 each. He is signing only 124,998 cards with regular ink. There will be 2 cards signed in 24K gold. One on each system.

To the TC I don't trust amazon with limited editions like this anymore, since the bad experience I had with record of Agarest War Zero LE. I also see amazon is still taking preorders on Gears 3 LE even when GS stopped a month or 2 ago

[quote name='GBAstar']This site cracks me up; so far I've heard that "everything" included in CE/LE/SE is stupid; Statues, Helmets, Action figures, Playing cards, Art books, etc. Sometimes you just can't win.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it. Throw in one more thing: I dont like the 'steelbook' cases either. I realize that I personally just dont care about 'collector's editions'. I have a few, but the ones I have are all things that I got for less than the cost of the vanilla game at the time. The one limited edition that I bought for full price was for the first Assassin's Creed. The DVD was cool....the first time watching it. But then I ended up trading the whole collection on Goozex as I realized that the box took up too much space and I didnt have / didnt want to make a space to display the figure.

So yeah, I dont find much use for the trinkets. However, when there is truly exclusive content like Madden 09 having some of the older games/rosters included, that's more interesting to me. I might actually get some use out of that rather than a card, doll, cat helmet, etc. that is just going to wind up in a box in my basement.

[quote name='hostyl1']Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it. Throw in one more thing: I dont like the 'steelbook' cases either. I realize that I personally just dont care about 'collector's editions'. I have a few, but the ones I have are all things that I got for less than the cost of the vanilla game at the time. The one limited edition that I bought for full price was for the first Assassin's Creed. The DVD was cool....the first time watching it. But then I ended up trading the whole collection on Goozex as I realized that the box took up too much space and I didnt have / didnt want to make a space to display the figure.

So yeah, I dont find much use for the trinkets. However, when there is truly exclusive content like Madden 09 having some of the older games/rosters included, that's more interesting to me. I might actually get some use out of that rather than a card, doll, cat helmet, etc. that is just going to wind up in a box in my basement.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your statemens. Their really isn't much use for those "trinkets" beyond the novelty of owning or displaying them but some of us on this site support our gaming habits by unloading those trinkers onto buyers who are willing to pay a premium

[quote name='Ray5555']No 125,000 total. Meaning 62,500 copies for the ps3, and 360 each. He is signing only 124,998 cards with regular ink. There will be 2 cards signed in 24K gold. One on each system.

To the TC I don't trust amazon with limited editions like this anymore, since the bad experience I had with record of Agarest War Zero LE. I also see amazon is still taking preorders on Gears 3 LE even when GS stopped a month or 2 ago[/QUOTE]

When I first heard about this, I swore it was 2 cards were gold cards. As in made of gold (leaf?)... not just signed in gold ink.

bread's done
Back