Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD]Amazon's Biggest Anime Sale of the Year-Tons of Anime Blu-rays and DVDs on Sale

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#271 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

What's this Case Closed Anime people keep mentioning.... Something worth a blind buy?

It's a light-hearted mystery series that involves
Spoiler

elessar, it's actually 6 movies. The Phantom of Baker Street(movie 6) was the last movie that Funimation released.

Edited by tangytangerine, 07 August 2011 - 08:43 PM.

#272 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

It's a light-hearted mystery series that involves

Spoiler

elessar, it's actually 6 movies. The Phantom of Baker Street(movie 6) was the last movie that Funimation released.

I know there's more than 2. I meant I have two =P

I just don't like telling people directly to buy a show, because you have to know a person pretty well to know if they'll genuinely like it. So the most I could say was what I own of it.

#273 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

Anyone know if the sale ends exactly as it hits 12am August 8th or it ends Monday night before 12am?

#274 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

Anyone know if the sale ends exactly as it hits 12am August 8th or it ends Monday night before 12am?

Ends Monday night's midnight.

#275 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

anyone have any opinions about Gun x Sword and Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple?

Edited by ShogunNage, 08 August 2011 - 06:06 AM.

#276 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

I went ahead and bought all 5 seasons of Case Closed. I had better like it! >:)

#277 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

anyone have any opinions about Gun x Sword and Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple?

Gun X Sword is a mediocre Trigun.

#278 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

I went ahead and bought all 5 seasons of Case Closed. I had better like it! >:)

Good choice! You won't be disappointed. Make sure to pick up the movies if you like the series.

#279 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Gun X Sword is a mediocre Trigun.

Trigun is a mediocre Trigun.
Posted Image

#280 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

Trigun is a mediocre Trigun.

Trigun is a excellent Trigun.

#281 bizman316

bizman316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Dang. I didn't know case closed was that cheap and now seasons 2 - 4 have gone up. Maybe I'll still pick up season 1 and 5. I'm sure they will go on sale again.

#282 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

Dang. I didn't know case closed was that cheap and now seasons 2 - 4 have gone up. Maybe I'll still pick up season 1 and 5. I'm sure they will go on sale again.

No they are all still on sale. The $24.99 price is a 3rd party seller but you can click on the other sellers link and see the amazon one for $12.99.
http://www.amazon.co...1&condition=new

#283 lilman

lilman

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

anyone have any opinions about ... Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple?

Standard shounen fighting series. Boy gets stronger to beat opponent, boy beats opponent, opponent becomes friend, on to the next opponent with new friend's help. The overall plot is based on a feud that doesn't make sense... they never give a good reason why the main enemy is so pissed off at Kenichi. It's fun to watch Kenichi get stronger and use his new training in each fight. Definitely worth a Netflix stream (the whole series is available) but not worth a buy.

#284 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Trigun is a excellent Trigun.

Trigun is a mediocre Rurouni Kenshin.

#285 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

Ugh why can't they have FMA:B for under $20 a season, tempted to jump on the Kai sets but i think i will wait for the inevitable complete set.

#286 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Ugh why can't they have FMA:B for under $20 a season, tempted to jump on the Kai sets but i think i will wait for the inevitable complete set.

Uh, they did have FMA: B for under $20 a season on BluRay, for S1 - S4.

It was a couple of weeks ago as their BluRay DOTW.

#287 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

I can't decide whether I should pull the trigger on Detective Conan/Case Closed or not. I know it's a good price, but it is still $111 for everything available (5 seasons + 6 movies). Not to mention I have an anime backlog that is just as long as my game backlog (and pretty much every other backlog as well).

#288 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

Uh, they did have FMA: B for under $20 a season on BluRay, for S1 - S4.

It was a couple of weeks ago as their BluRay DOTW.

Clearly i am referring to this sale, if i knew they were on sale a couple of weeks ago i would of bought them all. Anyways nothing else on the list that interest me other than the DBZ:K stuff but i have seen DBZ like 100 times so i can wait till a full set comes out.

#289 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:53 PM

Clearly i am referring to this sale, if i knew they were on sale a couple of weeks ago i would of bought them all. Anyways nothing else on the list that interest me other than the DBZ:K stuff but i have seen DBZ like 100 times so i can wait till a full set comes out.

That was kinda part of this sale. It was definitely going on DURING this sale so I'm inclined to guess that's why they were on sale.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#290 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

Also, can someone recommend me something new? I just finished up Eden of the East. I really enjoyed it, as it was something different.

I'm a big fan of DBZ, FMA: B, & Evangelion, if that helps explain my taste.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#291 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:43 AM

Also, can someone recommend me something new? I just finished up Eden of the East. I really enjoyed it, as it was something different.

I'm a big fan of DBZ, FMA: B, & Evangelion, if that helps explain my taste.

well if you haven't seen cowboy bebop, i would recommend it.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan