Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD]Amazon's Biggest Anime Sale of the Year-Tons of Anime Blu-rays and DVDs on Sale

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#121 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

So is Case Closed really good? Worth getting?

Its one of the best! Truely a gem

#122 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

i dont understand why funi doesnt release more baccano blu ray

#123 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

So the Soul Eater Blu-Ray Boxsets are $30 & $35, so my question is should I buy it? I loved the show so much, and I really want to own these.

but I really shouldn't be spending money right now, and if I get it I'm just going to watch the extras and shelf it for a while because I have a bunch of other anime I'm watching at the moment.

Is this significantly cheaper that the normal discount price for this? Does this go on sale often? If I choose to buy these in the future will it cost significantly more? Is there a risk of this going out of print?

#124 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:47 AM

What's your thought on Guyver?

Not bad, not great, just okay.

I've only seen 4 episodes so far. Animation is better compared to the older Guyver.

#125 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

i dont understand why funi doesnt release more baccano blu ray

That's because Funi didn't release the Baccano Blu-ray, it was Aniplex. Which means finding it at cheap Funimation prices is unlikely.

#126 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

So the Soul Eater Blu-Ray Boxsets are $30 & $35, so my question is should I buy it? I loved the show so much, and I really want to own these.

but I really shouldn't be spending money right now, and if I get it I'm just going to watch the extras and shelf it for a while because I have a bunch of other anime I'm watching at the moment.

Is this significantly cheaper that the normal discount price for this? Does this go on sale often? If I choose to buy these in the future will it cost significantly more? Is there a risk of this going out of print?

The first set was released less than two months ago, and the second set won't be out until August. I don't think there's risk of them going out of print anytime soon, especially knowing Funimation and the popularity of this show. At $30, the first box set is 57% off retail, and I don't think it would get much lower than that on a future sale. But I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. Since the second set is a preorder still, I'd wait to see future deals on it.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#127 KhrevalBruuk

KhrevalBruuk

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

I ordered a copy of Samurai Champloo based on y'all's recommendations, and Ghost in the Shell 2.0. Many thanks to everyone expressing their opinions in this thred; it's greatly appreciated.

#128 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

What's your thought on Guyver?

I've only seen the first few episodes, but what I watched didn't inspire me to keep going. It's an average, unremarkable action show with not a whole lot of character development.

That's because Funi didn't release the Baccano Blu-ray, it was Aniplex. Which means finding it at cheap Funimation prices is unlikely.

Not to mention Baccano wasn't produced in HD, making Aniplex's expensive Blu-ray release all the more pointless.
Posted Image

#129 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

Ordered Eden of the East, Both seasons of Gunslinger Girl and Yu Yu Hakusho Season 1. Thinking of nabbing The Eden of the East movie and Samurai Champloo next week on Blu.
Posted Image

#130 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

Is anyone else having their order not ship after 24 hours? Very unusual, especially since they went to process 10 minutes after ordering. Everything is listed as in-stock, so I don't get it.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#131 hetz15

hetz15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

I know that Dragon Ball Kai is the short version of DBZ, but is it also censored (for example blood and stuff)?
My buy/sell/trade page, please check it out :D (mainly PS3 games) :

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=291931

#132 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

I thought Darker than Black was quite good. Couple episodes in the middle stood out as terrible but it built up well afterwords and left me satisfied.

Now the second season... :oldman:

--

looking to pick up champloo on blu, baccano, gai-rei zero, and maybe soul eater. or maybe not anything because i really shouldn't =[

#133 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

Is the picture quality on the yu yu hakusho blu ray that much better than the DVD? I'm debating wether to pick up them up on DVD or get the 1st season blu ray and wait on the other seasons.

#134 Astroranagun

Astroranagun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

i was thinking of grabing something here but i dont know which one....FMP series ( will FMP 2nd season re-release soon?) or Slayers box set (whats the cheapest price of this in the past?) any advice?

anime in BD i wanted so far is Xamd, Star Driver, Code Geass, Karas, Gundam UC, Eureka Seven, Gurren Lagann.....

#135 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

The Yu Yu Hakusho sets looks incredible. I believe they were actually properly remastered because the difference in picture is significant!

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#136 Bii

Bii

*does the robot*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

I know that Dragon Ball Kai is the short version of DBZ, but is it also censored (for example blood and stuff)?

It's uncensored.

#137 Hao

Hao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:05 AM

Well, yes and no. FUNimation's domestic release is identical to the release in Japan (aside from edited title cards and credits).

However, during the "Kai-ification" process, some of the original footage was censored. For example, which Piccolo kills Raditz (and Goku by extension), what was originally a gaping hole in their chests has been edited into more of a burn-like wound.

Spoiler

There are more examples of this kind of editing, but, to be honest, I really didn't follow Kai all that closely, so all that I know is just peripheral knowledge.

But, to reiterate, the footage is identical to the Japanese release. This censoring isn't something that FUNimation did on their own.

Also, it's worth noting that due to some weird copyright infringement stuff with the soundtrack, volume five of Kai (and anything after that) will have different background music than the previous four (here's something more in-depth, if anyone actually cares).

Oh, and the series ends at the Cell arc, in case you weren't aware, and were expecting to get the complete story through Kai. :P

#138 hetz15

hetz15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

It's uncensored.

Well, yes and no. FUNimation's domestic release is identical to the release in Japan (aside from edited title cards and credits).

However, during the "Kai-ification" process, some of the original footage was censored. For example, which Piccolo kills Raditz (and Goku by extension), what was originally a gaping hole in their chests has been edited into more of a burn-like wound.

Spoiler

There are more examples of this kind of editing, but, to be honest, I really didn't follow Kai all that closely, so all that I know is just peripheral knowledge.

But, to reiterate, the footage is identical to the Japanese release. This censoring isn't something that FUNimation did on their own.

Also, it's worth noting that due to some weird copyright infringement stuff with the soundtrack, volume five of Kai (and anything after that) will have different background music than the previous four (here's something more in-depth, if anyone actually cares).

Oh, and the series ends at the Cell arc, in case you weren't aware, and were expecting to get the complete story through Kai. :P

thx for the input. And here I thought that I would be able to watch the buu's fight again. I think I'm going to pass this one.
My buy/sell/trade page, please check it out :D (mainly PS3 games) :

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=291931

#139 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

Is anyone else having their order not ship after 24 hours? Very unusual, especially since they went to process 10 minutes after ordering. Everything is listed as in-stock, so I don't get it.

Yeah me too. My cc hasn't even been charged yet and the order hasn't been processed although I have to say I ordered quite a bit of stuff. (13 to be exact)

#140 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

Turned my Best Buy store credit into some Amazon cards and got Samurai Champloo, Rideback, Burst Angel, and Soul Eater Vol. 1. Awesome. :D

And what a disappointment it was! I bought it and was hugely disappointed by the picture and especially the audio. How can the DVD set have a 5.1 audio track and the Blu-Ray set only be in stereo? :-x

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#141 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

My wallet cries. I somehow convinced myself to get:
Dragon Ball Z Kai pt. 2
Dragon Ball Z Kai pt. 3
Dragon Ball Z Kai pt. 5
Eden of the Easy Complete Series
Yu Yu Hakusho Season 1
Soul Eater Meister Collection

#142 Astroranagun

Astroranagun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

what happen to FMP 2nd raid and Rin-Daughters of Mnemosyne? will funimation restock back or rerelease?

#143 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

Yeah me too. My cc hasn't even been charged yet and the order hasn't been processed although I have to say I ordered quite a bit of stuff. (13 to be exact)

And then last night, in the span of an hour, three things shipped from over the course of the past day. Guess they were backed up or something.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#144 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

Also, not buying Baccano should be a crime.

I'd buy on blu-ray. I refuse to buy DVDs these days.
Posted Image

#145 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

How is Soul Eater? I'm really torn on getting the Meister collection and going in on this as a blind buy.

#146 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

just to throw my two cents in here...(since i AM the animemaniac and all :-P) But soul eater was awesome...until the end...which just sucks big time. Anti-climactic, lame, and a downright disappointment considering how hooked on the show I was up to that point

EDIT: and holy shnikes...i swear to y'all i didn't see shadow17x's post when i posted my thoughts on soul eater. meant to post earlier but got distracted and the last post at the bottom of the thread was Astroranagun's O_O

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#147 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

just to throw my two cents in here...(since i AM the animemaniac and all :-P) But soul eater was awesome...until the end...which just sucks big time. Anti-climactic, lame, and a downright disappointment considering how hooked on the show I was up to that point

EDIT: and holy shnikes...i swear to y'all i didn't see shadow17x's post when i posted my thoughts on soul eater. meant to post earlier but got distracted and the last post at the bottom of the thread was Astroranagun's O_O

No worries. That's good and bad to hear on Soul Eater. I think I'll rent the dvds then. Guess I'm done with this sale until FMA brotherhood goes back down again.

#148 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

I'd buy on blu-ray. I refuse to buy DVDs these days.

Well, that's dumb, considering the DVDs are the superior version of Baccano, not to mention the cheaper option.

How is Soul Eater? I'm really torn on getting the Meister collection and going in on this as a blind buy.

Incredibly mediocre, but with a great visual style and quality animation. It's streaming on Netflix if you'd really like to watch it.
Posted Image

#149 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

The Yu Yu Hakusho sets looks incredible. I believe they were actually properly remastered because the difference in picture is significant!

Yu Yu Hakusho was shot on film, which is why it looks great on BD.

#150 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Just got my Claymore, Eden, and Samurai Champloo BDs. I'm amazed how entire series can fit in one standard case now and almost thought they sent me the wrong disc ha. Really saves on shelf space, which is nice.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg