Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD]Amazon's Biggest Anime Sale of the Year-Tons of Anime Blu-rays and DVDs on Sale

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#241 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

No replay value. It's interesting to watch purely for the twist on modern/real life, but I felt this one was lacking overall. Just go watch it on YouTube as other people pointed out and save your money.

Completely disagree with this. It's absolutely worth purchasing and rewatching.
Posted Image

#242 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

Completely disagree with this. It's absolutely worth purchasing and rewatching.

Ditto. I thought it was one of the more refreshing anime series in recent years.

#243 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

I don't get you guys at all. Then again, I don't watch much anime anymore so I suppose if you're watching tons of mindless cartoons all the time then it does stand out.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#244 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

I don't get you guys at all. Then again, I don't watch much anime anymore so I suppose if you're watching tons of mindless cartoons all the time then it does stand out.

Umm I like good plots, well developed characters, and the occasional beautiful animation. What's so confusing about that?

#245 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

Anyone seen the Evangelion blu's? Are they worth watching / worth buying?

#246 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:23 AM

Anyone seen the Evangelion blu's? Are they worth watching / worth buying?

If you like Evangelion, of course they are. Phenomenal picture and sound quality.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#247 Nodarg

Nodarg

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

Guys, I'm on the fence about buying the Soul Eater Blu-Rays. Do ya'll have any tips or any wisdom to help me with this decision?

#248 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

Guys, I'm on the fence about buying the Soul Eater Blu-Rays. Do ya'll have any tips or any wisdom to help me with this decision?

I would never rewatch Soul Eater in a million years. The animation is slick and the character designs are cool, but that's all the show has going for it. If you have Netflix, watch it there instead.
Posted Image

#249 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hmmm on the fence on Love Hina...maybe if it was Blu-ray T_T

1xz7eo.gif

#250 Nodarg

Nodarg

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

I would never rewatch Soul Eater in a million years. The animation is slick and the character designs are cool, but that's all the show has going for it. If you have Netflix, watch it there instead.

Haha, I suppose you're right. I'm a sucker for good deals though. I did pick up some some other things though:

Evangelion 2.22
Summer Wars
FLCL
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo

#251 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hmmm on the fence on Love Hina...maybe if it was Blu-ray T_T

Love Hina would gain nothing from a Blu-ray transfer, as it was not produced in HD.

Haha, I suppose you're right. I'm a sucker for good deals though. I did pick up some some other things though:

Evangelion 2.22
Summer Wars
FLCL
Mushishi
Samurai Champloo

Those are all much better choices!
Posted Image

#252 Nodarg

Nodarg

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

Love Hina would gain nothing from a Blu-ray transfer, as it was not produced in HD.

True, but other shows not produced in HD have gotten upscales, which usually look at least a little bit better. I'm kind of doubtful of them giving Love Hina that treatment, though.

#253 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

I picked up case closed seasons 2-4 so far might just go back and get the last one. Unrelated to the sale but while I was looking I found this for all the gundam fans http://www.amazon.co...655765&sr=1-102

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#254 nbskid

nbskid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

My favorite series of all time, if you don't at least watch them, you gotta pick them up!

#255 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:46 PM

My favorite series of all time, if you don't at least watch them, you gotta pick them up!

It's entertaining, but I dint know about watching it twice. It's extremely rare for me to watch something more than once nowadays though.

#256 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

True, but other shows not produced in HD have gotten upscales, which usually look at least a little bit better. I'm kind of doubtful of them giving Love Hina that treatment, though.

Meh not really. The Samurai Champloo blus looked horrid in my opinion. The only real advantage I see in getting Anime Blu ray upscales is for the DTS Master HD or the Dolby True HD soundtracks.

#257 DRV

DRV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

I don't have the time to re-watch an anime, but for what it's worth, Eden of the East is definitely an interesting piece of work. I don't get why you'd buy it when it's on YouTube for free.

It continues with two movies, none of which I've seen yet. The first one is available on Netflix.
Danreb R. Victorio
Senior Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#258 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

wish i would have gotten the rest of the fma brotherhood blurays when they were 20 bucks. i wonder how long ill have to wait before they're that low again.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#259 kenjimeadu

kenjimeadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

Absolutely, I've watched it twice and totally dig everything about it. Watching it a second time was even more fun for me, a rare treat in anime.

#260 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:08 AM

wish i would have gotten the rest of the fma brotherhood blurays when they were 20 bucks. i wonder how long ill have to wait before they're that low again.

It doesn't matter, just buy them! lol I'm nearing the end of the series, and I'm consistently amazed at just how good it is. It really makes all the other anime that I used to consider great seem a lot less special.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#261 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

Well after hovering over this sale for several weeks without actually buying anything, finally ended up ordering Evangelion 1.11 & 2.22 on blu-ray. Will be my first anime on blu-ray!

#262 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

It doesn't matter, just buy them! lol I'm nearing the end of the series, and I'm consistently amazed at just how good it is. It really makes all the other anime that I used to consider great seem a lot less special.

agree! FMA brotherhood is one of the best animes of all time!

#263 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:09 AM

just bought some more case closed. this series is truely a hidden gem

#264 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

Well after hovering over this sale for several weeks without actually buying anything, finally ended up ordering Evangelion 1.11 & 2.22 on blu-ray. Will be my first anime on blu-ray!

It's a good place to start.

#265 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

I can't stress how much everyone needs to buy Case Closed. I have spoken to an insider at Funimation recently and he has been given a certain number the series needs to reach for Funi to continue dubbing the movies/series. Its truely an awesome show! And a great value! Only $13 for 800 minutes worth of content in each set!

also if you are interested in helping to save case closed the insider has made a facebook page and youtube channel-
http://www.facebook....9881980?sk=wall
http://www.youtube.c.../SaveCaseClosed

Edited by SpartenOmega117, 07 August 2011 - 08:11 AM.

#266 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

Case Closed does sound like a good deal. Does the show's uncertain future mean that a Blu-Ray release is unlikely?

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#267 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:37 AM

Case Closed does sound like a good deal. Does the show's uncertain future mean that a Blu-Ray release is unlikely?

highly unlikely... at least for the season sets since the it was 480p digitally. However if Funimation does decide to release some more movies they will likely be putting them on Blu-Ray. Either way its an awesome show and definately a great value for the money! Especially for $13 each and each set contain more than 25 episodes

#268 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

There probably won't be any Blu-ray versions of the tv series by Funimation. Funimation has gone on record stating that they're not planning anything else with the tv series, as the season sets have sold horribly. They just did the same thing with the When They Cry & Familiar of Zero season sets. So just consider what is released the only tv series stuff they'll release.

The movies, on the other hand, have a chance. Since those have sold decently. Plus it's less work for Funimation to transfer them to Blu-ray, as the Blu-rays of most of them have already been released in japan.

#269 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

I'm an Evangelion fan, so I'm blind buying 1.11, and 2.22.

Also blind buying Eden of the East while it's on sale.

What's this Case Closed Anime people keep mentioning.... Something worth a blind buy? Thinking of doing the Berserk Collection for $32 while I'm at it since everyone I know says it's awesome and epic and worth every cent. I was waiting for a Blu-ray honestly.

#270 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

I'm an Evangelion fan, so I'm blind buying 1.11, and 2.22.

Also blind buying Eden of the East while it's on sale.

What's this Case Closed Anime people keep mentioning.... Something worth a blind buy? Thinking of doing the Berserk Collection for $32 while I'm at it since everyone I know says it's awesome and epic and worth every cent. I was waiting for a Blu-ray honestly.

Case Closed is also known as Detective Conan. It's mostly light-hearted. I myself like it, and have had the 5 box sets released, and two of the movies.