Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 20% off select games: South Park, Thief, Titanfall and more

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
10719 replies to this topic

#3601 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Is the Borderlands 2 Season Pass $18.40 (Steamworks) still up? It shows $22.99 for me and none of the codes are bring down the price ;/

I can't check it myself since I already own it but when the code switched on Friday I know it still worked. Are you from the US? If so, and it isn't working for you, I will update the OP.

Isnt' Viking in an upcoming OMG-Tony-Pack?

Yea, it will be in the $20 SEGA pack so if you want any of the other games in that pack then this is a mediocre deal.

Edited by rybrad, 17 November 2012 - 05:18 PM.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3602 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I would buy all of the Crusader Kings II DLCs currently on sale, but the two main DLC packs are listed as "Out of Stock".

Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
http://www.greenmang...ii-legacy-rome/

Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
http://www.greenmang...ii-sword-islam/

Is there any chance that they will get more keys in the near future before the sale runs out? Otherwise I will just wait for a DLC pack or individual sales on Amazon during the holidays and also pick up Promo $5 off coupons then.

#3603 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Gamestop/Impuse has CK2 stuff on sale for 75% off. My understanding is that you need to install their client to get your steam keys. A lot of CAGs take issue with the Impulse client. I can't recall specifics.

http://www.gamestop....-of-rome/106130

Do NOT buy CK2 on GG unless you already have CK2 from GG; it's the only non-steam CK2 for the USA. They are also having 75% off.
http://www.gamersgat...m/crusaderkings

#3604 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

If anyone's having payment issues with GMG, send me a PM and I can buy a game for you and send the key in exchange for the game's cost via PayPal.

Edited by inm8num2, 17 November 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#3605 evachrono

evachrono

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I can't check it myself since I already own it but when the code switched on Friday I know it still worked. Are you from the US? If so, and it isn't working for you, I will update the OP.

Yea, it will be in the $20 SEGA pack so if you want any of the other games in that pack then this is a mediocre deal.

I am in the US maybe i'm using the wrong code o-O ? what code should I be using other wise I think might went up then.
Posted Image
Only in the shadows are you really alone..... Posted Image
In need of a sig ? Post here and i'll get to work on a great sig for you http://board.spawn.c...ad.php?t=290920

#3606 teenwolf

teenwolf

hic sunt leones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Gamestop/Impuse has CK2 stuff on sale for 75% off. My understanding is that you need to install their client to get your steam keys. A lot of CAGs take issue with the Impulse client. I can't recall specifics.

http://www.gamestop....-of-rome/106130

Do NOT buy CK2 on GG unless you already have CK2 from GG; it's the only non-steam CK2 for the USA. They are also having 75% off.
http://www.gamersgat...m/crusaderkings

I will probably wait for an Amazon sale then. Thanks for the help.

#3607 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Reiterating DeadlyToothpick's question, does the GMG version include the Hitman Collection. Apparently if you preorder Hitman Absolution off Steam you'll get...

Sniper Challenge
+
"Pre-purchase now and get the following:

Receive and play The Hitman Collection immediately! The Hitman Collection includes:

Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money"

If the GMG version includes the three older Hitman games then it's all gravy, but if it doesn't then do you guys think ~$15 is worth it for the three Hitman games?

There's a thread on it in the GMG forums. No one knows for sure yet because someone directly related to GMG hasn't responded yet. But it seems like the Hitman collection is only offered by Steam and not by other retailers. So it appears that they won't be included unless GMG actually adds it to their sales page.

I hope they match it because I would love to have the Hitman collection or at least Blood Money although I would like to have all of the games. But if they don't I'll still buy it at the $30 price point, I think that's a fair price for a solid big name title.

http://forums.greenm...com/topic/3457/

#3608 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Canceled my Amazon PO of Hitman Absolution PE at $39 for GMG's $29 price. AWESOME.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3609 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hmm, I was trying to dig up why people didn't like the Gamestop/Impulse client. It seems to come down to:
  • "Having to install another client to see my steam key is bullshit."
  • There has been at least one known case (King Arthur II) of a steamworks game being sold on gamestop as a non-steam version. I have found no complaints of games on gamestop labeled "steam required" not being steam.

I'm in the same boat as you, I want to pickup the CK2:Legacy of Rome DLC. GMG ran out of Legacy of Rome keys while I was buying JSR. I'm really not sure I want to bother with gamestop (only legit source I haven't bought from), since I know we'll see 75% off again in the next 5 weeks. Just seeing GMG, GG, & Gamestop run it on a 75% off weekend bodes well.

#3610 totalanonymity

totalanonymity

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

GMG now has some bundles available, according to their email sent to me today.

Located at: http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

I didn't see it in the main post and I am very new here and don't feel I have any sort of authority to be editing the main post even though it's a wiki post.

#3611 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Welcome! And not to rain on your parade, but the current bundle prices are a joke. Also GMG has been promoting those on their main page for a week.

#3612 totalanonymity

totalanonymity

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Welcome! And not to rain on your parade, but the current bundle prices are a joke. Also GMG has been promoting those on their main page for a week.

Yeah, they're pretty eh. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone wanted to take a look. And yup, definitely missed that they've been on the main page. I normally just go and check their daily deal quickly and go elsewhere. Sorry about that!

#3613 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Just sent in a ticket asking for a credit of the difference, I picked up the Hitman preorder when it was at 33.75. Hope they come through on it.

#3614 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Just sent in a ticket asking for a credit of the difference, I picked up the Hitman preorder when it was at 33.75. Hope they come through on it.

I submitted a ticket too and got the $4.50 credited to my account with no problems.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3615 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Hmm, I was trying to dig up why people didn't like the Gamestop/Impulse client. It seems to come down to:

• "Having to install another client to see my steam key is bullshit."
  • There has been at least one known case (King Arthur II) of a steamworks game being sold on gamestop as a non-steam version. I have found no complaints of games on gamestop labeled "steam required" not being steam.

I'm in the same boat as you, I want to pickup the CK2:Legacy of Rome DLC. GMG ran out of Legacy of Rome keys while I was buying JSR. I'm really not sure I want to bother with gamestop (only legit source I haven't bought from), since I know we'll see 75% off again in the next 5 weeks. Just seeing GMG, GG, & Gamestop run it on a 75% off weekend bodes well.

I'm in the same boat with everyone else here: I wanted to get LoR (and a couple other CK2 DLC's) but GMG ran out of keys before I could order. So I went ahead and got it through GameStop.

It actually wasn't a big deal. It's true that I had to download and install Impulse just to get the the product keys. After I got the keys from Impulse and entered them into Steam, I simply uninstalled Impulse. Total amount of time spent: 10-15 minutes. No big deal.

#3616 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Spoiler
It actually wasn't a big deal. It's true that I had to download and install Impulse just to get the the product keys. After I got the keys from Impulse and entered them into Steam, I simply uninstalled Impulse. Total amount of time spent: 10-15 minutes. No big deal.

Cool! Thanks for that!

#3617 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

The Impulse client thing isn't a deal-breaker for a great sale but it is an unnecessary PITA and drops them down off my regular list of sites to check. For a dollar or two difference, I'd rather go with the place that doesn't make me jump through hoops but, for a deep discount, I'll accept the install/uninstall polka.

#3618 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

I submitted a ticket too and got the $4.50 credited to my account with no problems.

Yup, same here.

#3619 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

I liked Syndicate but I'm never going to play it again.

Co-op is decent fun though but you need a friend or two. Otherwise, stick with Payday.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3620 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

The Impulse client thing isn't a deal-breaker for a great sale but it is an unnecessary PITA and drops them down off my regular list of sites to check. For a dollar or two difference, I'd rather go with the place that doesn't make me jump through hoops but, for a deep discount, I'll accept the install/uninstall polka.

It's a total deal breaker for me, never shopping there/installing that garbage again.

#3621 rslater

rslater

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Had a similar experience - not a huge hassle but an unnecessary one. Still, can't see myself buying much of anything from them in the future unless they have some really great deals.

#3622 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hmm never had to install their client. I've always been able to get my Steam code from them through my browser.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3623 bVork

bVork

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

A little off-topic, but gamestreamer.com is running a nearly identical deal on Paradox games, including Crusader Kings II and Warlock and all of their DLC - and has it all in stock. Their site isn't the best. It barfed up technical error messages when I tried to pay via credit card (and I eventually gave up and just paid via Paypal). But it's legit, as I found it through a link on the official site for Warlock.

Edit: and to tie into the current discussion, you get all the Steam codes for your purchases right through the website. No need to install a client or anything.

#3624 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

For those that are on the fence for buying Hitman: Absolution, watch Conan's review.

#3625 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Weird, never heard of those guys. GameStreamer Execs File Lawsuits Over Trade Secrets, Religious Discrimination

This is an interesting thread of discussion between game devs and that site.
http://forums.indieg...know-about-this

#3626 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

A little off-topic, but gamestreamer.com is running a nearly identical deal on Paradox games, including Crusader Kings II and Warlock and all of their DLC - and has it all in stock. Their site isn't the best. It barfed up technical error messages when I tried to pay via credit card (and I eventually gave up and just paid via Paypal). But it's legit, as I found it through a link on the official site for Warlock.

Edit: and to tie into the current discussion, you get all the Steam codes for your purchases right through the website. No need to install a client or anything.

I've never needed to install anything to get my keys from GreenManGaming. It's probably one of the easiest sites for me in that regard. Bought something this morning and it wasn't a problem.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#3627 bVork

bVork

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

That was in response to the discussion about having to deal with Gamestop's client (since they're doing a similar deal for CK2) to get Steam codes.

#3628 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

In for Hitman, thanks

#3629 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Kingdoms of Amalur is $8 today with coupon code. Not a bad deal for anyone who was waiting on the vanilla version for under $10 bucks.

#3630 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Kingdoms of Amalur is $8 today with coupon code. Not a bad deal for anyone who was waiting on the vanilla version for under $10 bucks.

Origin =(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming