Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 20% off select games: South Park, Thief, Titanfall and more

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
10847 replies to this topic

#4711 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Picked up a G&K key for myself. Now trying to order a copy with my wife's GMG account and getting blocked. Tried calling my CC company and no problems on their end. UGH!

#4712 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

I haven't been keeping up with this thread and so i almost didn't check cause the OP lists Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams at $14.99, but it's $8.99 (or $6.30 with the 30% coupon). Missed a couple sales on this game and have been wanting to pick it up ~$5.
Posted Image

#4713 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I was told that Gods and Kings does not require the base Civ V game, but now steam is telling me that I do, which is it?

#4714 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

I was told that Gods and Kings does not require the base Civ V game, but now steam is telling me that I do, which is it?

It does. It's an expansion.

#4715 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

C5: G&K is a true-blue expansion.
You need Civ 5 to run it.

Also, Gods and Kings shows up on your Civ 5 DLC list, BTW.

#4716 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

The only way you can play Gods & Kings without Civ V is by downloading the demo.

You need Civ V to play Gods & Kings.

#4717 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Doesn't look like GMG's support is going anywhere. I'm thinking that I am locked because my wife and I are using the same address. Is anyone willing to purchase the expansion and PM me the key? I can PayPal the money. Just let me know.

#4718 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Sweet! God G&K for $3.15. Beat that, Steam/Amazon.

#4719 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Been waiting for a deal like this on G&K. Bought so FAAAAAAST
Posted Image

#4720 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

The only way you can play Gods & Kings without Civ V is by downloading the demo.

You need Civ V to play Gods & Kings.

They don't seem to like people having multiple accounts or otherwise buying mutiple copies of the same game so I could see them blocking buying the same game from another account with the same address or credit card.

In your case it's legit but I could see people pulling shenanigans with multiple shill accounts to resell keys.

I do think Gamersgate's two copies per account is more reasonable since people may want to get a second copy for their spouse or kid or friend or whatever.

#4721 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

They don't seem to like people having multiple accounts or otherwise buying mutiple copies of the same game so I could see them blocking buying the same game from another account with the same address or credit card.

In your case it's legit but I could see people pulling shenanigans with multiple shill accounts to resell keys.

I do think Gamersgate's two copies per account is more reasonable since people may want to get a second copy for their spouse or kid or friend or whatever.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, too. I'd try with my parents' address/credit card, but they're afraid a $3.15 transaction will lead to their entire life being stolen on the Internet...

#4722 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Agreed, I bought The Book of Unwritten Tales: Deluxe Edition (when it wasn't on sale mind you) for a CAQ's Extra Life fundraiser, then when the game did go on sale I couldn't get it for myself because there's no price on the games page or buy button. So, I can either buy the standard edition, and get the upgrade pack on Steam, or wait for the deluxe to go on sale on Steam. However, if Steam didn't offer an upgrade pack for the deluxe extras (as it doesn't with a lot of games) there'd be no other option than to wait for steam to put it on sale.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#4723 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

SO I played Civ 5 my first time didn't enjoy it. Thought hell I would give it another shot after beating Xcom EU. I sunk about 7 hours into it last night trying to expand my Japanese Empire. Haha.

Instantly bought God and Kings at that price after watching a video on it adds religion, espionage, and a bunch of other new leaders and units it seems.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#4724 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Not sure who told you this but as others pointed you need Civ 5 as the base game. There are a lot of deals floating around, including people who have extra copies in the Steam trade thread if you want to pick up a copy.

#4725 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wow $3.15 is a freaking steal for G&K. Holiday 2012 has been killing it on the digital storefront on both PC and Console.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#4726 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I can't seem to checkout. Trying to get Gods and Kings, but every time I click Checkout it just stays at the basket after refreshing. Help?

**I'm now getting a message about my account not being activated, so I guess I have to wait for the email. Haven't found a way to resend the email though and it's been 20 mins or so. Not in my spam folder.
*****Yup, that's all it was. Forgive my impatience.

Edited by nosferatu51, 30 December 2012 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image

#4727 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

I can't seem to checkout. Trying to get Gods and Kings, but every time I click Checkout it just stays at the basket after refreshing. Help?

**I'm now getting a message about my account not being activated, so I guess I have to wait for the email. Haven't found a way to resend the email though and it's been 20 mins or so. Not in my spam folder.
*****Yup, that's all it was. Forgive my impatience.

Happen to me earlier the message isn't obvious its in the same text as the basket information. I finally realized after hitting checkout about 10 times it was there.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#4728 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Civ 5 G&K for $3.15 is live
http://www.greenmang...n-v-gods-kings/

I feel a little less crazy knowing that I wasn't the only one who stayed up to get this. I waited til 4am, hit refresh several times, bought the key and went to sleep. Haha.

This is FrontPage on Slickdeals now, so I'm guessing they'll run out of keys soon.

#4729 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Mine got fixed! With luck, my wifes key will work just fine.

If ayone has a problem, put in a support ticket.

#4730 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I feel a little less crazy knowing that I wasn't the only one who stayed up to get this. I waited til 4am, hit refresh several times, bought the key and went to sleep. Haha.

This is FrontPage on Slickdeals now, so I'm guessing they'll run out of keys soon.

^_^ I'm glad I wasn't the only one (I'm PST as well). I was playing BL2 when I noticed it was 3:15 and I was feeling ready for bed. I decided to stay up an extra bit to catch G&K at the start, fearing they's run out of keys by the time I got up.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4731 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Crusader Kings II for $7 sounds good to me... though I do wonder whether I'll be sad that I don't have all the DLC. Should I hold out for the collection maybe being $12.50 again on Steam?

#4732 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

The 2K Strat pack seems like just as good of a deal if you can get it for $15, if you don't have any of the Civ games to start with.

#4733 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Crusader Kings II for $7 sounds good to me... though I do wonder whether I'll be sad that I don't have all the DLC. Should I hold out for the collection maybe being $12.50 again on Steam?

Amazon has had it on sale a # of times too. Personally, I'd wait for a deal on it that included dlc.

#4734 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Amazon has had it on sale a # of times too. Personally, I'd wait for a deal on it that included dlc.

Alright, will do. Thanks for the advice!

#4735 r4itolol

r4itolol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

The collection hardly has any DLC. Buy the CK2 for $7 and buy the DLC individually when they're 75% off (you'll get more DLC this way).

#4736 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

For some reason GMG will not accept my card for the purchase of Civ5 Gods & Kings. If anyone can help me out I can do Amazon GC now or paypal Jan. 2 when my transfer is completed. For the $3.15 with the coupon code. PM please, thanks.

Thanks Zyrin!

Edited by combatrhombus, 31 December 2012 - 03:35 AM.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TRAGINIS

Spoiler

Battlenet ID: Traginis#1577

#4737 realwords

realwords

Let's DOOOO ITTTTTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

GMG's payment system is garbage.

#4738 yayamo

yayamo

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

For some reason GMG will not accept my card for the purchase of Civ5 Gods & Kings. If anyone can help me out I can do Amazon GC now or paypal Jan. 2 when my transfer is completed. For the $3.15 with the coupon code. PM please, thanks.

Try buying it through a mobile device. It worked for me (and others).

#4739 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

The collection hardly has any DLC. Buy the CK2 for $7 and buy the DLC individually when they're 75% off (you'll get more DLC this way).

Hasn't Amazon run deals that include all of the DLC, though?

#4740 r4itolol

r4itolol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Hasn't Amazon run deals that include all of the DLC, though?

With the game? I don't believe so. The DLC has been 75% off separately several times though.

I have over 150 hours on CK2 and have all of the DLC and I would recommend that you get the base game, Sword of Islam, and Legacy of Rome (and maybe Ruler Designer). The rest of the DLC is cosmetic - country flags, character portraits for different areas of the world, and songs (+ a DLC that makes it so Aztecs invade Western Europe as the Mongols do Asia/Eastern Europe). I like all of the DLC, but other than SoI/LoR I wouldn't really recommend it immediately.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming