Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 20% off select games: South Park, Thief, Titanfall and more

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
10563 replies to this topic

#1201 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

Im not living in fear, wtf are you talking about man. This isnt some old hippy conspiracy theory. I dont want paypal connected to my bank account. Simple as that. I have a card that is plenty good enough. I use paypal np from every other website on the net that Ive ever tried. Even some from friggin china. I dont need GMG to protect me and require extra crap connected to my bank account.

I would ask your bank to stay on the phone while you try to process an order on GMG. They should be able to see it and flag it as not fraudulent. It is a little bit of a pain but I did that with my bank once and have had no issues since.

In other news, OP is updated with the Saints Row deal. Great game, worth $20 easily.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1202 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

by the way, can I check if the Skyrim on GMG is censored in any way?
in any region you bought it from?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#1203 Ribkage

Ribkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

I would ask your bank to stay on the phone while you try to process an order on GMG. They should be able to see it and flag it as not fraudulent. It is a little bit of a pain but I did that with my bank once and have had no issues since.

In other news, OP is updated with the Saints Row deal. Great game, worth $20 easily.

LOTR code doesnt work anymore. Was only a 24 hour thing. I had a few hours to resolve the issue and couldnt get anywhere. The manager at the bank said it doesnt even show as attempting to charge anything. There was no decline or anything on my card. She basically said they arent even attempting to charge me.

Still pissed. Was such a good price on a game my son really really wanted.
Im not only a cheap ass gamer. Im a cheap ass mutha fucka!

#1204 aerover

aerover

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

James, any plan for shogun 2 coupon/discount?

#1205 psynide

psynide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:03 AM

James, any plan for shogun 2 coupon/discount?

shogun is 7.50 on amazon right now, activates on steam.

#1206 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:38 AM

glad i passed on lotr, grabbed saints row today.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#1207 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

Updated the OP with the Batman deal. However, a word of caution for people before purchasing. The patching process for this game through Capsule is AWFUL. It uses GFWL for the game but it will not find the correct directory; this means you have to install the patch manually using a cmd prompt. Oh and the install directory they use is called "Batham" instead of Batman.

The price is good but Capsule really sucks.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1208 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Updated the OP with the Batman deal. However, a word of caution for people before purchasing. The patching process for this game through Capsule is AWFUL. It uses GFWL for the game but it will not find the correct directory; this means you have to install the patch manually using a cmd prompt. Oh and the install directory they use is called "Batham" instead of Batman.

The price is good but Capsule really sucks.

I'll just chime in and say the manual GFWL patching really isn't difficult at all. When GFWL fails to find the directory, it tells you exactly what the command prompt you need to enter. Since it's still saved in my run.exe history, this is what it was for me:

"C:\Users\V878\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\57520fa0\Content\Setup.exe" /f "C:\Program Files (x86)\CapsuleGames\Batham Arkham City - PC\Batman - Arkham City"

Replace V878 with your Windows user name. Also, you DO have to include all those quotation marks or it doesn't work. It may not be the same for everyone (I'm on Vista 64 bit), but hopefully this general guideline helps anyone who may be confused.

I do agree that Capsule is fairly awful though. They needed me to free up 50GB on my hard drive just to install Arkham City, which seems just a tad ridiculous. Fortunately, thanks to manual patching, I didn't need to run Capsule for anything else besides installing the game for the first time.

#1209 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

I'll just chime in and say the manual GFWL patching really isn't difficult at all. When GFWL fails to find the directory, it tells you exactly what the command prompt you need to enter. Since it's still saved in my run.exe history, this is what it was for me:

"C:\Users\V878\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\57520fa0\Content\Setup.exe" /f "C:\Program Files (x86)\CapsuleGames\Batham Arkham City - PC\Batman - Arkham City"

Replace V878 with your Windows user name. Also, you DO have to include all those quotation marks or it doesn't work. It may not be the same for everyone (I'm on Vista 64 bit), but hopefully this general guideline helps anyone who may be confused.

I do agree that Capsule is fairly awful though. They needed me to free up 50GB on my hard drive just to install Arkham City, which seems just a tad ridiculous. Fortunately, thanks to manual patching, I didn't need to run Capsule for anything else besides installing the game for the first time.

sound horrible :drool:

why don't u just activate the key on GFWL and download it from there? Can't the cd key from GMG be used on GFWL at all? What about borrowing a retail disc from your friend and use it to install and activate Batman? would that work? :cry:

#1210 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

why don't u just activate the key on GFWL and download it from there? Can't the cd key from GMG be used on GFWL at all? What about borrowing a retail disc from your friend and use it to install and activate Batman? would that work? :cry:

I couldn't find a way to activate a key on GFWL and download it from there. If the option still exists they seem to have hidden it well since they rolled everything into XBL. Or I am blind which is possible as well.

#1211 Mikerrrr

Mikerrrr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

I couldn't find a way to activate a key on GFWL and download it from there. If the option still exists they seem to have hidden it well since they rolled everything into XBL. Or I am blind which is possible as well.

It didn't work in the GFWL Marketplace client for the desktop?

#1212 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

It didn't work in the GFWL Marketplace client for the desktop?

I haven't been able to find a place to redeem keys in the Marketplace client since they rolled it into the XBL stuff. If there is still a way to do it I would love to get away from Capsule on this game.

#1213 Mikerrrr

Mikerrrr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

I haven't been able to find a place to redeem keys in the Marketplace client since they rolled it into the XBL stuff. If there is still a way to do it I would love to get away from Capsule on this game.

Thanks for letting me know. Honestly, I haven't opened that client in aaaaaaages :lol:

#1214 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

The manual patching takes literally 5 seconds to set up after the patch downloads. I think the bigger issue it just dealing with Capsule if you ever need to redownload the game. I'll probably just end up rebuying the game on Steam when the inevitable GOTY edition is on sale for $7.50 or so. Game already has about $20 worth of DLC out already, so won't feel too bad about rebuying it later down the road to get all that stuff.

#1215 JamesGMG

JamesGMG

Green Man Gaming Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a cool 66% discount on the core game and all DLC titles :) on Saturday :) Valid times for voucher use to get the discount is on the link! :)

#1216 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a cool 66% discount on the core game and all DLC titles :) on Saturday :) Valid times for voucher use to get the discount is on the link! :)

Excellent, still haven't played the base game since I bought it from Amazon a bit ago, but I'll be picking up the DLC at that price. Thanks!

#1217 Fatdude

Fatdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

There was a LoTR sale and i missed it.Damn it.I hope there will be encore on it on new year.

#1218 bugeeker

bugeeker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

You rock! Thanks for Deus Ex code! I've been wanting that since it came out.

#1219 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

Deal is almost over so last minute bump.

#1220 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

GMG has started a New Year's promo with a lot of things 75% off -- currently, however, their servers are getting hammered so accessing the site is difficult.

#1221 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

The site's up and down, but I noticed Fear 3 for $7 and change. I'll be picking that up once the site is stable.

#1222 rschauby

rschauby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

GMG has started a New Year's promo with a lot of things 75% off -- currently, however, their servers are getting hammered so accessing the site is difficult.

Also, Sniper Ghost Warrior is currently 100% off. Servers are crawling.

#1223 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I will try to check the site later today and see what the good deals are. If people see something really good when the site is functioning, feel free to update the OP.

#1224 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

Picked up Fear 3 for $7.83 and the site seems to be working normally now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1225 rust in peace

rust in peace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

I grabbed FEAR 3 and LotR. Glad LotR went back on sale since I missed it the last time on sale.

#1226 Infinity1911

Infinity1911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

In for 1 on the Fear 3 deal. Best price I've seen yet.

#1227 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

in for fear 3 hate having to verify my paypal account though.

#1228 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

Here are the offers from their forums:

FEAR 3 – 50% off! [greenmangaming.com]

Batman: Arkham City – 50% off!
[greenmangaming.com]

Super Meat Boy – 75% off for 24 hours!
[greenmangaming.com]

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days – 75% off for 24 hours!
[greenmangaming.com]

Alien Versus Predator – 75% off for 24 hours!
[greenmangaming.com]

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood – 75% off for 24 hours!
[greenmangaming.co.uk]

Additionally we’ll also be giving away 20,000 copies of Sniper: Ghost Warrior from 1300 GMT January 1st while stocks last [greenmangaming.com] – just use voucher code GREEN-MANSS-NIPER at checkout to receive a 100% discount on the title! This voucher won’t expire at a specific time, but after it has been used 20,000 times it will stop working!

http://forums.greenm...com/topic/1676/

#1229 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:52 AM

Anyone else getting an error when trying to check out? I keep getting an error about "too many redirects."

Posted Image

#1230 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

How are you supposed to check out with "Sniper: Ghost Warrior"? I can't find the game on their website....