green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11344 replies to this topic

#3931 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

I used a UK proxy and after voucher it was £24.50 (US$39.xx). Am I missing something?

For me when I used a UK proxy it put the price into USD when I logged into my account, it went to $50USD, which became $35 with 30% off.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#3932 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

got jet set radio for 2.38 sweeet, can somebody post up some other good deals on gmg w/ the 30%off code? thanks

#3933 humidore

humidore

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

For me when I used a UK proxy it put the price into USD when I logged into my account, it went to $50USD, which became $35 with 30% off.

Ah good point, I wasn't logged into my account. By purchasing from them this way, would I be able to start playing since it's already out in Europe? And I'm guessing it's not Steam compatible (I figure only buying it on Steam gives me that)..?

#3934 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Would really like to order the Far Cry 3 Deluxe edition but I got worried when the proxy server warnewd me that my info wasnt secure and could be intercepted. If anyone from the UK would be interested in ordering me a copy I'll pay you the amount and gift you a copy of Darkspore on Steam if u want

#3935 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Ah good point, I wasn't logged into my account. By purchasing from them this way, would I be able to start playing since it's already out in Europe? And I'm guessing it's not Steam compatible (I figure only buying it on Steam gives me that)..?

I could not tell you to be honest, it is also out in Australia.

It activates in the uPlay client after you download the installer through capsule (Which has some decent content to unlock once you get enough achievement points to buy them like a single player mission, extra online mode and single player gun). After it is added to uPlay you don't need capsule installed anymore. Even if you had the steam version, it still goes through uPlay, all Ubisoft games do now.

Would really like to order the Far Cry 3 Deluxe edition but I got worried when the proxy server warnewd me that my info wasnt secure and could be intercepted. If anyone from the UK would be interested in ordering me a copy I'll pay you the amount and gift you a copy of Darkspore on Steam if u want

The 'safe' way to do it is like this.

1. Sign into GMG.Com
2. Enable UK Proxy (You will still be signed into GMG
3. Add the game to your cart, apply voucher.
4. Disable Proxy
5. Purchase game

That way your GMG details and payment / paypal details don't get entered via the proxy.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!

#3936 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

I could not tell you to be honest, it is also out in Australia.

It activates in the uPlay client after you download the installer through capsule (Which has some decent content to unlock once you get enough achievement points to buy them like a single player mission, extra online mode and single player gun). After it is added to uPlay you don't need capsule installed anymore. Even if you had the steam version, it still goes through uPlay, all Ubisoft games do now.

The 'safe' way to do it is like this.

1. Sign into GMG.Com
2. Enable UK Proxy (You will still be signed into GMG
3. Add the game to your cart, apply voucher.
4. Disable Proxy
5. Purchase game

That way your GMG details and payment / paypal details don't get entered via the proxy.

Sorry to ask so many noobish questions, but which uk proxy do you use so that you can just enable and disable it? i googled uk proxy and went through one called daveproxy and it brought me to the gmg site where I could put FC3 in my basket, but I couldnt figure out how to be signed in still from my normal gmg account

#3937 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Does buying multiple preorders get you more 35% or is it one per promo?
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#3938 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Sorry to ask so many noobish questions, but which uk proxy do you use so that you can just enable and disable it? i googled uk proxy and went through one called daveproxy and it brought me to the gmg site where I could put FC3 in my basket, but I couldnt figure out how to be signed in still from my normal gmg account

Don't use proxy sites, they are rubbish. Make your browser connect via a proxy.

I wrote a small guide for another site, I will paste here.

Should be working fine now, but if the Buy Now button does not appear for you try this (Using Proxy).

• Find an active US Proxy, I use http://www.freeproxylists.net/us.html
  • Enter the details into your browsers proxy settings (for firefox: Options>Advanced>Network>Connection Settings (Don't forget the port number is the number after the :, eg 192.168.0.1:8080, 192.168.0.1 is the address and 8080 is the port number)) At the time of this posting, 173.242.117.146:8080 worked for me.
  • Sign in to GMG, add the game to your cart via the Buy Now button (If it does no appear you have done something wrong).
  • Return to default network settings (No Proxy) [Be sure to do this before purchasing for security reasons.]
  • Buy and Play

Make sure you select the united kingdom from that site.

#3939 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Is GMG giving a Steam key for this?
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#3940 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Again, no its a uPlay key only.

#3941 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Does buying multiple preorders get you more 35% or is it one per promo?

Well, I assume it's one per game so I'd just buy each game separately to make sure (especially since you can daisy chain them that way).

Unless you meant buying multiple copies of a single game which GMG won't let you do anyway. Once you buy a title once, you're not allowed to purchase it again.

#3942 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

Fuck, getting a payment denied error. Hopefully they'll let me get in on this deal after the fact, as I don't think support will be getting to me before it expires.

#3943 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Picked up tomb raider. Is it just me or is the the current 35% voucher promo even more confusing than usual GMG confusion. You get a 35% voucher if you buy one of those games for other games not listed but only if you don't use a voucher now. And some games give cash back now or GMG credit later, etc, etc.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#3944 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Too contorted. I like simple. X-% off now.

#3945 Lord_Ashour

Lord_Ashour

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

I don't think Tomb Raider will be any cheaper, at least until the Summer Sale, so i bit.

#3946 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Voucher got extended to Wednesday.

30% off most games with voucher code GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9
Expires Wednesday, December 5, 7am EST

Daily(ish) Deal
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit $5.25 (Steamworks)

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3947 KJAZZ

KJAZZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Also, Scribblenauts Unlimited is now available on GMG, so with the 30% coupon you can pick it up for $21, the cheapest anywhere so far.

#3948 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I wonder if I get this via uPlay if I can co-op with someone on Steam who has it? I dont actually know if uPlay is a client like Origin. Does anyone know?
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#3949 r4itolol

r4itolol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

I wonder if I get this via uPlay if I can co-op with someone on Steam who has it? I dont actually know if uPlay is a client like Origin. Does anyone know?

You will most likely be able to. When you run it on Steam it makes you use Uplay anyway.

#3950 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Used the 30% off on Tomb Raider and put in a support ticket asking whether it qualifies for the 35% off voucher for a future purchase. Wound up getting an email back with a code. Great service.

#3951 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I don't think Tomb Raider will be any cheaper, at least until the Summer Sale, so i bit.

Uh, it's Square Eidos and it's Steamworks so I would be that Amazon or GMG or someone else will have it 50% or less well before Steam's summer sale.

#3952 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

buying on GMG is becoming a fucking lottery, if you decide to buy a game not to miss a promotion you get punished when a new/better one gets released, if you don't they never do another one for the same discount, if fucking enraging

#3953 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

buying on GMG is becoming a fucking lottery, if you decide to buy a game not to miss a promotion you get punished when a new/better one gets released, if you don't they never do another one for the same discount, if fucking enraging

If you're talking about pre-orders, they will give you the difference back in GMG credit as long as the game hasn't been released. Had no trouble getting my Hitman Absolution pre-order adjusted.

Also, Hell Yeah! is $3.74 via Steam through December 10th.

Edited by Killbomb, 03 December 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3954 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Damn coupon extension. Making me think about Guild Wars 2 longer...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3955 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

If you're talking about pre-orders, they will give you the difference back in GMG credit as long as the game hasn't been released. Had no trouble getting my Hitman Absolution pre-order adjusted.

They denied my friend a refund when he tried to get his Hitman preorder adjusted, due to there being some kind of time limit on Paypal transaction refunds.

#3956 Gunnerblink

Gunnerblink

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Stronghold 3 Gold activates on steam $5.25 after coupon.

A review on the site says a recent update has finally made the game playable.

http://www.greenmang...y/stronghold-3/

#3957 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

They denied my friend a refund when he tried to get his Hitman preorder adjusted, due to there being some kind of time limit on Paypal transaction refunds.

Maybe if you insist on getting the difference put back into your Paypal/bank account there is a time limit. I ordered Hitman on November 1st, requested a price adjustment on November 16th and got the $4.50 difference as GMG credit. They didn't ask me how I wanted the difference but I was fine with credit so I didn't complain.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3958 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

They've credited me multiple times on normal purchases that weren't preorders too.

#3959 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Maybe if you insist on getting the difference put back into your Paypal/bank account there is a time limit. I ordered Hitman on November 1st, requested a price adjustment on November 16th and got the $4.50 difference as GMG credit. They didn't ask me how I wanted the difference but I was fine with credit so I didn't complain.

I doubt he would turn down credit if given the option, I don't know.

#3960 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

The new XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot content pack DLC is available on GMG now. $4.90 after code.

http://www.greenmang...t-content-pack/
Posted Image