green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11514 replies to this topic

#3961 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Stronghold 3 Gold activates on steam $5.25 after coupon.

A review on the site says a recent update has finally made the game playable.

http://www.greenmang...y/stronghold-3/

I suppose I will have to go back and try it again at some point but man that was one dog of a game. I have over 1,000 games on Steam and that is tied with Game of Thrones: Genesis as my most regretted purchase.

I still feel like with all the other stuff they have on sale + 75% off, the Steam big picture deals going on, Amazon sega bundles, multiple indie bundles etc there are just much better ways you can spend $5.

#3962 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

does the 35% voucher you get after preordering has an expiration date?

#3963 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

does the 35% voucher you get after preordering has an expiration date?

I believe it's supposed to be 21 days.

#3964 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

I suppose I will have to go back and try it again at some point but man that was one dog of a game. I have over 1,000 games on Steam and that is tied with Game of Thrones: Genesis as my most regretted purchase.

I'm with you on that one. I got Stronghold 3 in a 2 for $15 from Get Games (I think that was the sale) with Binary Domain. I just pretend I paid $15 for Binary Domain which was surprisingly really fun.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#3965 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Voucher has been extended to Friday.

30% off most games with voucher code GMG30-DEC01-ARFC9
Expires Friday, December 7, 7am EST

35% off voucher, good for future purchase, when pre-ordering select games, full list of eligible games

Daily(ish) Deal
Endless Space: Admiral Edition $10.49 (Steamworks)
Endless Space: Emperor Edition $12.25 (Steamworks)

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3966 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Is $10.50 the cheapest Endless Space has been?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#3967 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Is $10.50 the cheapest Endless Space has been?

Unless you count a probable mistake sale that was quickly yanked from Gamersgate a week or so ago and required finagling buying blue coins with the G2PO code then using those coins to get the (now dead) IGN discount and G2PO discount again to get it significantly cheaper then yes.

TL;DR Yes.

#3968 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Unless you count a probable mistake sale that was quickly yanked from Gamersgate a week or so ago and required finagling buying blue coins with the G2PO code then using those coins to get the (now dead) IGN discount and G2PO discount again to get it significantly cheaper then yes.

TL;DR Yes.

Quickly yanked? It was a daily deal and was $10 without any "finagling". The codes/coins just dropped it to $7.40. No IGN code? In a rush? Just using code G2PO took it under $10.

It was replaced as the daily a couple of hours before the next-day rollover, but I assumed they'd simply run out of codes because $7.40 was the cheapest yet by far. :)

#3969 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

do you guys think Endless Space will drop further?

#3970 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

If it's not $7.49 in the Steam sale in a couple of weeks, a third-party are bound to hit that area (again) in January.

I've been playing it recently, and it does feel better as a $7.50 game than a $10 game, if that makes any sense. :P Good, not great!

#3971 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

$7.50 in the nearish future is a real possibility so if you aren't going to play it right now, I would hold out. I tried the game on the free weekend and I really enjoyed it, but still probably a $7.50 purchase for me.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3972 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

hmm I'd like the emperor edition but wish it was $10

#3973 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Quickly yanked? It was a daily deal and was $10 without any "finagling". The codes/coins just dropped it to $7.40. No IGN code? In a rush? Just using code G2PO took it under $10.

It was replaced as the daily a couple of hours before the next-day rollover, but I assumed they'd simply run out of codes because $7.40 was the cheapest yet by far. :)

When I checked when the deals flipped at midnight it was there then in the morning it got replaced with something else. I didn't notice it being the deal the day before and I was checking there every day during that black Friday week. To me that was quickly yanked but maybe you saw something different in the Asia region. I don't know.

#3974 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Darn it, and I just bought Secret World from Microsoft for $10 on Black Friday... now it's $5.25.... poop
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#3975 Cyborg Kaiten

Cyborg Kaiten

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Does anyone know if I can activate The Secret World on steam from gmg?

#3976 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Wow... the price on Secret World has dropped so much. Part of me wants to get it at this price and enjoy one month relatively cheap. Another part wants to wait to see when/if it goes F2P.

Then there's the small possibility EA considers it an overall failure and shuts it down completely.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3977 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Wow... the price on Secret World has dropped so much. Part of me wants to get it at this price and enjoy one month relatively cheap. Another part wants to wait to see when/if it goes F2P.

Then there's the small possibility EA considers it an overall failure and shuts it down completely.

EA's still got Warhammer Online going and that has even less people playing than the Secret World. You're might be right about it going free to play soon though, they probably should have done that from the beginning.

#3978 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Does anyone know if I can activate The Secret World on steam from gmg?

I'd assume not as it's an EA product so I assume it's going to be Origin.

I played it and it was fun for the month but I didn't feel compelled to continue my sub. Part of the issue was a dorked up chat client that made the world feel pretty lonely (I like an amount of OOC chatter even if I'm soloing).

#3979 Cyborg Kaiten

Cyborg Kaiten

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'd assume not as it's an EA product so I assume it's going to be Origin.

I played it and it was fun for the month but I didn't feel compelled to continue my sub. Part of the issue was a dorked up chat client that made the world feel pretty lonely (I like an amount of OOC chatter even if I'm soloing).

Thanks for replying! I guess ill wait till it goes f2p and then dl it on steam :P

I already have an account but I dont want to pay $15 to renew it + Im always soloing just like you :/ and its super boring.

#3980 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Darn it, and I just bought Secret World from Microsoft for $10 on Black Friday... now it's $5.25.... poop

I was in the TSW Beta - and the game's like 30 GB....
...do you really wanna download all of that? :P

I'd rather have that huge-sized game on disc(s)....

#3981 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

I was in the TSW Beta - and the game's like 30 GB....
...do you really wanna download all of that? :P

I'd rather have that huge-sized game on disc(s)....

I'd rather download in just one large chunk and not have to fuss with installing discs and patching and all that mess. This is the 21st century. :-P

Disclaimer: This is an opinion and is worth about as much as anyone else's opinion on the internet, which is not a damned thing, so you really don't need to argue it back.

Anyway passing because it doesn't activate on Steam. Yes I am one of those.

#3982 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Ugh!! monthly fees. I don't think so.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#3983 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

I'd rather download in just one large chunk and not have to fuss with installing discs and patching and all that mess. This is the 21st century. :-P

Good point; point taken.

I actually had to DL this monster when I was in the TSW Beta (week before game's official launch and NO NDA's at that time) and my Net-connection was decent enough to suit me (it's much better now), so....ummm....yeah; that DL was NOT fun. Took a FEW hours.

Sure, you could always backup your game folder to another HDD; a lot of DVD's; or one BR disc, if need be - and be all up-to-date and whatnot.

Disclaimer: This is an opinion and is worth about as much as anyone else's opinion on the internet, which is not a damned thing, so you really don't need to argue it back.

Even though we don't always agree and don't always see eye-to-eye on things, I do like reading your opinions.

Anyway passing because it doesn't activate on Steam. Yes I am one of those.

For me, it's a MMO - I don't need extra Steam DRM on top of the annoying "Always online DRM."

I think this TSW game would've been a game I really would've liked to play like Torchlight 2, HG: London, Diablo 2, etc allow -- play offline if I feel like it or online if I feel like it. It just feels like....some of the things in this game (i.e. the superb voice-acting & writing) usually do lend itself better to a SP-atmosphere & experience.

#3984 karaethon

karaethon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Has anyone had problems checking out? I've bought a lot of stuff from them in the past, but I'm unable to get my paypal or my CC to work directly with their website. It's quite infuriating to be missing out on the deals...

#3985 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Has anyone had problems checking out? I've bought a lot of stuff from them in the past, but I'm unable to get my paypal or my CC to work directly with their website. It's quite infuriating to be missing out on the deals...

Read this.

#3986 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hah, I did the same thing, thinking $10 for 30 days of checking it out was an OK deal.
Posted Image

#3987 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

risen 2 for 10.50 is tempting....

Hand__Of__God.png

#3988 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts about Risen 2 and The Last Templar? I liked the original Risen (though I never finished it).

#3989 Lord_Ashour

Lord_Ashour

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

So does GMG give you the 35% off future game if you pre-ordered a game discounted? I bought the Tomb Raider by using the 30% off code last Sunday and didn't receive anything.

#3990 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts about Risen 2 and The Last Templar? I liked the original Risen (though I never finished it).

Risen 2 was less than excellent upon release. But.. PB patched it and fixed a number of things and the mod community has done some good stuff with it as well, including an unofficial patch and a number of fixes for the weird graphic issues. I've been enjoying the game a fair bit. I am about 10 hours in, now. A fantasy pirate setting is unique for CRPG's and they pull it off well. If you liked Risen 1, you'll probably like it.

The forum with the fan stuff is here: http://forum.worldof...ons-and-Editing All you need is the Risen 2 Mod Starter. It'll pull a list of what's available and you can look at the readmes to see what you'd want to install. :)