green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11353 replies to this topic

#3991 Excelled

Excelled

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Finally bought Guild Wars 2 at a reasonable price. Total was $40.60 with code. Thanks OP!

#3992 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts about Risen 2 and The Last Templar? I liked the original Risen (though I never finished it).

Got First Templar during the Steam Autumn Sale for $5 as I enjoyed the couple levels I have played so far. If you like hack and slash I think it's easily worth that price. You might want to want for the Steam winter sale though if you care about achievements because it uses Capsule when you buy from GMG.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3993 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

25% off most games with voucher code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6
Expires Friday, December 14, 7am EST

35% off voucher, good for future purchase, when pre-ordering select games, full list of eligible games

Daily(ish) Deal
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year $3.75 (Steam key)
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North $11.25 (Steamworks)
King's Bounty: Warriors of the North Valhalla Edition $12.37 (Steamworks)

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3994 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

You might want to want for the Steam winter sale though if you care about achievements because it uses Capsule when you buy from GMG.

IMO it's worth waiting just to avoid Capsule.

#3995 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Mortal Kombat Kollection is $2.25 after sale and 25% voucher. I think this is the lowest I have seen it so I grabbed it.

Risen 2 was less than excellent upon release. But.. PB patched it and fixed a number of things and the mod community has done some good stuff with it as well, including an unofficial patch and a number of fixes for the weird graphic issues. I've been enjoying the game a fair bit. I am about 10 hours in, now. A fantasy pirate setting is unique for CRPG's and they pull it off well. If you liked Risen 1, you'll probably like it.

The forum with the fan stuff is here: http://forum.worldof...ons-and-Editing All you need is the Risen 2 Mod Starter. It'll pull a list of what's available and you can look at the readmes to see what you'd want to install. :)

I would agree with this. I like the pirate setting and I think it and the guns/voodoo gives the game more character and sets it apart for your generic RPG game in a way the first game wasn't.

Last Templar is not bad either but I agree with the wait for a Steam sale to avoid the capsule sentiment.

#3996 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

So does GMG give you the 35% off future game if you pre-ordered a game discounted? I bought the Tomb Raider by using the 30% off code last Sunday and didn't receive anything.

Yea they do, I used the 30% off code on a pre-order and got the 35% off voucher in "My Keys". If yours is not there, I would contact their customer support.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3997 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

80% off Miner Wars 2081 , with voucher the price come down to $ 3.75.

#3998 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks so much for the thoughts on Risen 2 and The Last Templar. I'll probably bite on Risen 2 and hang back for now with The Last Templar. I love our CAG family :)

Wow, Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY is an insane deal. I already bought it in an Amazon PCDD Batman bundle deal a while ago and snagged the discounted DLC recently for an overall great price but this easily tops it.

EDIT: The Steam forums are down so I'll ask here - Is the Risen 2 DLC worth it at these prices? Or is it wiser just to wait for another GMG/Steam sale down the line?

#3999 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

wow great deal on AA

#4000 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

EDIT: The Steam forums are down so I'll ask here - Is the Risen 2 DLC worth it at these prices? Or is it wiser just to wait for another GMG/Steam sale down the line?

No. It feels tacked on, don't give much playing time and doesn't really add much to the story game imho.

The pirate outfit you can get better stuff than that about mid way through the game.

The Air temple brings back a minor character from Risen 1 but is otherwise unremarkable. There's a fair bit of going back to a bunch of places you went before to kill a few monsters to pad the playing time out of it too.

The best one to me is Treasure Island but mostly because some nice little bit of dialog at the end and because Patty has been going on about that damned treasure since Risen 1. The bulk of it is just round around and island and kill stuff and it's pretty short.

If you can get them 75% off then sure go for it if you want but otherwise I would pass. I also don't think you should feel like you are missing out on anything by not having them. With the exception of that little bit of dialog about Patty which literally is over in like a minute, none of it feels like something that was cut out of the main game or adds much to it.

#4001 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Can anyone who gets Miner Wars confirm there wasn't much hassle in redeeming a Steam key at the developer's website?

#4002 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Spoiler
The best one to me is Treasure Island but mostly because some nice little bit of dialog at the end and because Patty has been going on about that damned treasure since Risen 1. The bulk of it is just round around and island and kill stuff and it's pretty short.

Spoiler
With the exception of that little bit of dialog about Patty which literally is over in like a minute, none of it feels like something that was cut out of the main game or adds much to it.

Sounds like a youtube expansion. =D

#4003 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials is on GMG now for $4 with the voucher if anyone was waiting for this random DLC.

#4004 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

risen 2 for 10.50 is tempting....

It'll be on Amazon for that price in a couple of weeks.

#4005 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Oh wow, just found this out about Miner Wars: http://www.minerwars...opic.aspx?id=95

It's basically like Diablo 3 in that it always requires and internet connection and, thus, you can't play if their servers go down. Their argument is that eventually this will tie into their MMO but I thought the whole point of selling a 'single player' version and an MMO version would obviate the need to require the single player version to rely on their servers? Good grief.

#4006 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Special sales all week at Green Man Gaming, found on SlickDeals.net hot deals list.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/20...chers.html

Green Man Gaming is holding a week long event, starting Friday, Dec 7 to Thursday, Dec 13. Each day will feature vouchers for different games that take off 30% to 50%.

There is also a 25% off voucher for all digital titles that is valid until December 14th. This cannot be stacked with the other vouchers but can be stacked on games that are on sale.

25% off digital titles: GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6

Friday 7th December from 1200 GMT
Guild Wars 2 Digital Edition [greenmangaming.com] is 30% off with GMG30-PXG98-CXR61 $43.50
Hitman: Absolution is 35% off with GMG35-3PPWQ-TEONQ $32.50

Saturday 8th December from 1200 GMT
LEGO Lord of the Rings is 30% off with GMG30-KDJQC-BWQCE
Doom 3 is 40% off with GMG40-9X5OP-PBQA8

Sunday 9th December from 1200 GMT
XCOM Enemy Unknown is 30% off with GMG30-0LKXU-EPF98
Football Manager 2013 is 35% off with GMG35-0VJBL-WKQEA

Monday 10th December from 1200 GMT
Skyrim is 40% off with GMG40-4DIJU-TT4PB
Dark Souls is 30% with GMG30-06DO3-LTVV9

Tuesday 11th December from 1200 GMT
ARMA II: Combined Operations is 35% off with GMG35-O90RW-Q2CD2
Fallout: New Vegas is 50% off with GMG50-MZRFC-P9H77

(Europe only, guys) Wednesday 12th December from 1200 GMT
Far Cry 3 is 30% off with GMG30-FC31S-GR34T
Assassin's Creed 3 is 30% off with GMG30-H86GA-AQB2H

Thursday 13th December from 1200 GMT
Chivalry is 50% off (no voucher required, so why not put GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 on it, too?)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass is 30% off with GMG30-BL2SE-ASONP

#4007 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Note: Amazon will have a better sale on Hitman: Absolution next week at $29.99 + $5 promo coupon.

#4008 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

anyone else do the survey for the 35% off code? :o

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#4009 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Yup, and I am assuming that from the name of the coupon, it is not an individual code and anyone can use it (survey or not - but just to be safe I aint showing mine - ooh-er)

it is however 1 time use only. Still, 35% off a purchase until the end of the year is nice!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#4010 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, but not so much for the coupon. I wanted to tell them to get rid of the checkout countdown. I hate that thing. Usually i can get through the checkout in the time allotted, but it still bugs me. Makes me feel like I'm being rushed through my order.

Yup, and I am assuming that from the name of the coupon, it is not an individual code and anyone can use it (survey or not - but just to be safe I aint showing mine - ooh-er)

it is however 1 time use only. Still, 35% off a purchase until the end of the year is nice!

Yeah, looks like a multi-use code. Mine was WINTR-SRVEY-*****. Last five digits being numbers.

#4011 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

anyone know if the batman as goty has windows achievements thru steam?

I'm a noob to all this steam/steam works stuff

540841.png

#4012 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

These sent to your e-mail?

Guess I should turn e-mails on.

#4013 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

These sent to your e-mail?

Guess I should turn e-mails on.

I just got it and went through it:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SXJWK5Y

"As a token of thanks for helping us out, please accept this single-use 35% voucher for use
on the GMG store: WINTR-SRVEY-42012 (expires at 1200 GMT 1st January 2013)"

But if you can, take the survey anyway and help them out - it might turn them into a better store.

#4014 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Yup, that's the same code that I got.

#4015 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the code. Took the survey anyway to help em out.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4016 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Took the survey to help them out as well.

#4017 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I just got it and went through it:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SXJWK5Y

"As a token of thanks for helping us out, please accept this single-use 35% voucher for use
on the GMG store: WINTR-SRVEY-42012 (expires at 1200 GMT 1st January 2013)"

But if you can, take the survey anyway and help them out - it might turn them into a better store.

Well, that makes it easy. :D

#4018 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Special sales all week at Green Man Gaming, found on SlickDeals.net hot deals list.

Spoiler

GMG is pretty good and open on their their GMG Blog. The information was copied from there (and possibly added SD affiliate links). The blog is particularly useful for details on the current X% off code.

#4019 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Can anyone who gets Miner Wars confirm there wasn't much hassle in redeeming a Steam key at the developer's website?

You need to create a account on miner war page, redeem the key GMG gave you and after that in a menu to the left select Steam Key and done.

#4020 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Already filled out the survey, got the same code.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this