too bad Batman is out of stock :(
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#4922 Fox1966

Fox1966

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

If I pre-purchase DMC through Green Man Gaming (which will be the first time I've used them), is DMC a title where I will get a key to download the actual game through Steam? Or will I have to use Green Man Gaming's proprietary software to run it?

#4923 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

You'll get a Steam key. As it shows above the description.

Third party DRM: Steam

This game requires a free Steam account to play.

If a game requires Capsule, it is usually (always?) stated on the right side with the requirements. Such as:

Capsule Client : This title requires Capsule to play.

#4924 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

If I pre-purchase DMC through Green Man Gaming (which will be the first time I've used them), is DMC a title where I will get a key to download the actual game through Steam? Or will I have to use Green Man Gaming's proprietary software to run it?

It's a Steam title so you'll get a key.

#4925 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Note that there is a class of games that to not require Capsule to play but require Capsule to download. They are listed as

Capsule Client: requires Capsule to download

An example is Raptor:CS.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4926 Fox1966

Fox1966

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm in for DMC! :)

#4927 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Note that there is a class of games that to not require Capsule to play but require Capsule to download. They are listed as

Capsule Client: requires Capsule to download

An example is Raptor:CS.

Good to know the distinction. I thought so, but wasn't sure. Was thinking of picking up Raptor for nostaglia's sake.

#4928 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Dark Void Zero worth picking up? It's only like a buck and is a Steam key.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4929 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Is Lost Planet 2 worth $8? Also, is it worth purchasing standard Dead Rising 2 if you have Off The Record? (Shouldn't have purchased it for $10 awhile back, but that was before the Steam sale).

#4930 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Is Lost Planet 2 worth $8? Also, is it worth purchasing standard Dead Rising 2 if you have Off The Record? (Shouldn't have purchased it for $10 awhile back, but that was before the Steam sale).

No... it's almost the same game.

#4931 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I've heard good and bad about it (Lost Planet 2), but it's the cheapest it's been anywhere. Hard to say much beyond that.

Seems to garner pretty mostly favorable reviews though. Seems to be a good co-op game as opposed to single player though. The first one's campaign was purely single player, whereas even the campaign in this one is built more to be a co-op game.

The customization looks awesome though.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4932 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

No... it's almost the same game.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if there were different missions.

#4933 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'm 90% there are different missions.

It's still a different game, it's just very similar to DR2 (same story/timeline from what I can tell, just from a different perspective). That's why it's not super worth it to spend money on both.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4934 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

It's still a different game, it's just very similar to DR2 (same story/timeline from what I can tell, just from a different perspective). That's why it's not super worth it to spend money on both.

http://en.wikipedia....om_the_original

It's almost the same game. Imo it doesn't "deserve" 7$ if you already own the original (and it's gonna be cheaper in the future)

#4935 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I've heard good and bad about it (Lost Planet 2), but it's the cheapest it's been anywhere. Hard to say much beyond that.

Seems to garner pretty mostly favorable reviews though. Seems to be a good co-op game as opposed to single player though. The first one's campaign was purely single player, whereas even the campaign in this one is built more to be a co-op game.

The customization looks awesome though.

Fair warning that Lost Planet 2 can be ball crushingly hard in co-op at times due to how credits are structured, limited ammo, and how the health system works. My friends and I couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th mission even after some hours of grinding for alternate equipment. That boss just kept killing us over and over; the best we got against them was 66% damage done before the last of us died. I think we were trying to play on the difficulty above normal, though. We didn't suck at the game as we managed to perfect quite a few of the previous missions, but that boss is just OP. Maybe we needed a 4th person to provide more damage, but that's the only thing I can see us having done wrong.

Oh, I also played on PS3, so I have no idea how big the PC community is, but PS3 matchmaking was pretty much dead by the time I played.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#4936 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

http://en.wikipedia....om_the_original

It's almost the same game. Imo it doesn't "deserve" 7$ if you already own the original (and it's gonna be cheaper in the future)

Good info. You must not know much about Capcom if you think it's gonna be cheaper though. You may wait over a year to save $2 off this price.

Fair warning that Lost Planet 2 can be ball crushingly hard in co-op at times due to how credits are structured, limited ammo, and how the health system works. My friends and I couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th mission even after some hours of grinding for alternate equipment. That boss just kept killing us over and over; the best we got against them was 66% damage done before the last of us died. I think we were trying to play on the difficulty above normal, though. We didn't suck at the game as we managed to perfect quite a few of the previous missions, but that boss is just OP. Maybe we needed a 4th person to provide more damage, but that's the only thing I can see us having done wrong.

Oh, I also played on PS3, so I have no idea how big the PC community is, but PS3 matchmaking was pretty much dead by the time I played.

Beat the original on hard mode, and I'm not afraid of a challenge (I actually prefer it being mind-numbingly hard than too easy). Thanks for the info though.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4937 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Ah, sounds like I should skip it then. Lost Planet 2 may be a good buy, though.

I haven't played Dark Void Zero yet, but it has SecuROM.

#4938 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Good info. You must not know much about Capcom if you think it's gonna be cheaper though. You may wait over a year to save $2 off this price.

Yeah maybe, but I'm not really anxious to play it anyway.

#4939 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

I think I'd say that if you have OTR, don't bother buying DR2 if you aren't' super interested. Going from DR2 to OTR is pretty worthwhile though for the added photography. I loved that in the first game; felt it was one of the game's best features.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4940 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

edit: found someone thanks guys =)

Edited by stupidproz1, 18 January 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#4941 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

To anyone who grabs Lost Planet 2, feel free to add me on Steam for co-op!

bZ2g3eF.png

#4942 bVork

bVork

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

What's up with all the links in the first post redirecting via dpbolvw.net?

#4943 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'm looking at SF4 AE... Is it worth? I think GMG is the only one who sells Steam version... I don't know if it will be cheaper later, but beign Capcom...

#4944 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

@juanjava

Don't get it if you're running Win 8. I couldn't get it to work. There may be work arounds, but I'm unsure.

#4945 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

@juanjava

Don't get it if you're running Win 8. I couldn't get it to work. There may be work arounds, but I'm unsure.

Windows 7 64

#4946 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Windows 7 64

It worked fine on my Win 7 ssd. Still hate the damn GFWL, though.

#4947 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

It worked fine on my Win 7 ssd. Still hate the damn GFWL, though.

I remember that the first time I played Batman AA I didn't log into G4WL (can't remember doing it)... the problem was I lost all my saved games...

#4948 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I recently lost 42 hours of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die for whatever nonsense reason. Corrupted file or some bullshit. Thanks GFWL!

#4949 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Capcom games at a greater discount than 75%?

Is this real life?

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#4950 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Capcom games at a greater discount than 75%?

Is this real life?

I think Amazon discounted SF4 at 75% ONE time...

So, should I buy SF4:AE? I think is not to late to join the multiplayer, there still should be people playing it