• Please log in to reply
11343 replies to this topic

#4951 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

@juanjava

Don't get it if you're running Win 8. I couldn't get it to work. There may be work arounds, but I'm unsure.

I havent tried really playing it but I actually had less problems getting it installed and updated in 8. GFWL seems to like Windows 8 much more than 7.

#4952 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Trying to use code GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK on Lego LOTR but getting invalid code...?Nevermind - did not like copy paste...

#4953 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

I recently lost 42 hours of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die for whatever nonsense reason. Corrupted file or some bullshit. Thanks GFWL!

See this post on how to setup an automatic save recovery mechanism. I can confirm it works fine on GFWL game saves too.

Ghetto-quote, (the original has links).

I like to copy all my game saves into my Dropbox folder, and then symlink them to their original location. This gives me two advantages, (1) my game saves are backed up in the cloud and (2) I can roll back my games saves to any change in the last 30 days. This means if the game corrupts my save, I can roll back to an earlier version. This isn't difficult to setup. Looking around Dropboxifier seems to wizard-ize the symlink setup (though using LSE as simply as making an application shortcut.)

1. Install Dropbox. Make an account.
2. Install LSE
3. Locate the folder with your save file. (Googling is usually quickest, "GameX save file location")
4. Move that folder to your Dropbox folder (C:\Users\YourUserName\Dropbox\)
5. Drag the game save folder (which is now in the Dropbox folder) back to it's original location using the right mouse button. On right button release select "Drop here"->"Symbolic Link" from the context menu.

Later when you want to roll back to a previous version, right click on the save file and select "Dropbox"->"View previous versions". That will open a webpage on the dropbox site that allows you to select which version you want to roll back to (e.g. 1 min ago, 3 min ago, 14 min ago, 22 hours ago, etc). Select the version you want and hit the restore button on the web page. Wait 5 seconds for your local file to update, then open you save in the game.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4954 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Lost Planet 2 on sale?! Woot! I love that damn game

Bought'd
Thanks guys!

#4955 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

See this post on how to setup an automatic save recovery mechanism. I can confirm it works fine on GFWL game saves too.

Ghetto-quote, (the original has links).

Bookmarked the post for when I can get a chance to implement this myself. Thanks.

#4956 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I'm looking at SF4 AE... Is it worth? I think GMG is the only one who sells Steam version... I don't know if it will be cheaper later, but beign Capcom...

The game is very good and well worth $8. Whether you'll get $8 of play out of it, on the other hand, depends on how much you like fighting games.

#4957 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

The game is very good and well worth $8. Whether you'll get $8 of play out of it, on the other hand, depends on how much you like fighting games.

Bought and downloading ;)

Also, one of my kids loves fighting games

#4958 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

I bought SSFIV too, but I got it for only $5 since I had a $3 credit for preordering DMC.

#4959 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Bought and downloading ;)

Also, one of my kids loves fighting games

GOG has Guilty Gear X2 #Reload for $2.39 this weekend. It's a well regarded fighter. There was some discussion on in in the GOG thread.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4960 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

GOG has Guilty Gear X2 #Reload for $2.39 this weekend. It's a well regarded fighter. There was some discussion on in in the GOG thread.

:applause:thanks for the heads up, had no idea this was on GOG, instant buy

Hand__Of__God.png

#4961 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

Success! We've taken over every thread with Guilty Gear!

To the next thread, asheskitty!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4962 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

For anyone wondering about Dark Void Zero, I just played it, so here's a bit of info. It ran smoothly on Windows 7 64-bit PC. DVZ has three difficulty settings and three stages. On the easiest setting, it took approximately an hour to beat. On the higher difficulty settings, your enemies take more hits to kill and it seems like it could be fairly challenging. It's basically a 2D exploration game a la Metroid. There's a bit of backtracking, and you can jump, shoot, and use your jetpack (which is sometimes taken away). You're only allowed to carry one weapon at a time, but there are various types. You basically go around levels killing baddies and collecting keycards to unlock doors. At the end of each of the three missions, there's a boss (sadly, it's the same one each time with a palette swap). The story is generic but it fits the faux retro theme. If you don't mind a short game, I'd say it's worth it while on sale.

#4963 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

@juanjava

Don't get it if you're running Win 8. I couldn't get it to work. There may be work arounds, but I'm unsure.

There is. When it installs on Steam, go to your Control Panel and Uninstall GFWL. Then you need to download the new version of GFWL from microsoft: http://www.xbox.com/.../downloadclient
Posted Image

#4964 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Combining post #61 and #62 worked for me for DR2:OTR.

GFWL in Windows 8

#4965 Smuglittleman

Smuglittleman

KHAAAAAAAAN!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I think Amazon discounted SF4 at 75% ONE time...

So, should I buy SF4:AE? I think is not to late to join the multiplayer, there still should be people playing it

I have been playing SSF4AE on Xbox and have been wanting to get it for PC for a while now. With the 20% off code it is the best price I have ever seen it. It looks and runs great on my Win7, AMD Phenom II 965 with 8GB RAM and a Radeon HD 6950.

I have not played online yet with the PC version. From what I understand it is not like Live where most of the people left playing are the hardcore fighting game players. Which suits me fine.
Posted Image

#4966 El Vader

El Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

@juanjava

Im running Windows 8 and had 0 problems with the game, installed fine and played a lot.

#4967 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I have been playing SSF4AE on Xbox and have been wanting to get it for PC for a while now. With the 20% off code it is the best price I have ever seen it. It looks and runs great on my Win7, AMD Phenom II 965 with 8GB RAM and a Radeon HD 6950.

I have not played online yet with the PC version. From what I understand it is not like Live where most of the people left playing are the hardcore fighting game players. Which suits me fine.

The PC version of AE is great. I've probably put over 500 hours across the various console iterations of SFIV. Bought it on a whim a few steam sales ago and haven't looked back. My machine is probably mid level at best, yet it still runs flawlessly on the highest settings. It is a small, but noticeable improvement over the 360 version.

I do agree that the online competition is a few steps below that of Xbox Live, but you still run into some pretty good players. I did have an issue with GWFL acting up and deleting my save data. Didn't lose my battle/player points, but it did wipe everything else (unlocks, achievement progress, etc.). Only happened one time in ~100 hours of play so I may have just been unlucky.

$8 is an amazing price for this game.

#4968 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Been playing SSF4AE for 2 hours straight... my left thumb hurts like hell! I think I'll get a blister xD

What I'm saying, is that the game is fantastic. I don't used to play fighting games recently... until this game. I love it!. It reminds me of the good old Street Fighter 2 games on the SNES...

And there's A LOT of people online playing it. I don't even have to search for a game, I only play the Arcade mode with the option to accept onlline players...

Recommended game, really. Even for people without "fighting games" experience

#4969 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Been playing SSF4AE for 2 hours straight... my left thumb hurts like hell! I think I'll get a blister xD

What I'm saying, is that the game is fantastic. I don't used to play fighting games recently... until this game. I love it!. It reminds me of the good old Street Fighter 2 games on the SNES...

And there's A LOT of people online playing it. I don't even have to search for a game, I only play the Arcade mode with the option to accept onlline players...

Recommended game, really. Even for people without "fighting games" experience

I have original Street Fighter 4 PC - that game's awesome. Played the life out of that game.
I haven't bought Super SF4 PC yet..

#4970 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Is the 25% off most pre-orders voucher code working for anyone else? I tried it on dead space 3 but it won't work. it says Expires Friday, January 31, 11am EST. It was working on dead space 3 earlier this week when i had no money :(

#4971 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Someone said it no longer works on EA games.

#4972 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Is the extra dlc for SSF4AE that was included in a past steam sale worth buying the complete package? I don't remember the price.

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#4973 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Someone said it no longer works on EA games.

Thanks for awnswering my question, oh well guess i was a little late.

#4974 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Is the extra dlc for SSF4AE that was included in a past steam sale worth buying the complete package? I don't remember the price.

They're just alternate costumes. The original SFIV characters each have 3 alts, while the rest have 2. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

Cheapest it's been for the complete pack on steam was 3.74 @ 75% off.

I bought them because the price was very reasonable relative to the console versions, where you need to spend over $50 or some such ridiculous amount to get them all.

#4975 ghostmayhem

ghostmayhem

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

I cant seem to find the lego:lord of the rings deal on their website...
when i use the OP link, there is no "buy" or "download" button
anyone else have this problem?

#4976 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

I cant seem to find the lego:lord of the rings deal on their website...
when i use the OP link, there is no "buy" or "download" button
anyone else have this problem?

Are you outside North America? I can see the buy button, but the game is listed as (NA).

#4977 ghostmayhem

ghostmayhem

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

OH so thats what (NA) stands for! I thought it meant "not available"
yea im from outside north america, shame :(

#4978 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

They're just alternate costumes. The original SFIV characters each have 3 alts, while the rest have 2. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

Cheapest it's been for the complete pack on steam was 3.74 @ 75% off.

I bought them because the price was very reasonable relative to the console versions, where you need to spend over $50 or some such ridiculous amount to get them all.

Thanks for the answer, it's cheaper to buy it on GMG and then buy the upgrade package via steam when it hits 75% off again. Greetings 8-)
Edit: Bought SSF4AE, finally managed to make my Logitech F710 work on Windows 8 so I'll test the MP.

Edited by soulkyo, 20 January 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#4979 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

OH so thats what (NA) stands for! I thought it meant "not available"
yea im from outside north america, shame :(

dont worry, im from NY and even i get it mixed sometimes :drool:
Why save the world, when everything in it is falling apart?
:applause:

#4980 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

If I haven't played any of the Dead Rising games, should I get DR2 or DR2:OTR?