green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11622 replies to this topic

#6091 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

I actually think it's pretty fun. I picked up both DLC for $0.60 x 2. You even get to fly the IL2 in the Russian campaign, which is a win for me. :D
www.bighugenerd.com

#6092 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

I actually think it's pretty fun. I picked up both DLC for $0.60 x 2. You even get to fly the IL2 in the Russian campaign, which is a win for me. :D

^_^ Glad to hear, I'm thinking I'll pick it up by tomorrow morning.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#6093 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yeah it's by no means an awe-inspiring game, but it's a load of fun for sure. Pure arcade fun, and for a few bucks who can complain?
www.bighugenerd.com

#6094 DonaldBlank

DonaldBlank

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Does Dogfighter 1942 have first person view?

Dont want to sound like mr analpants, but I prefer those games in first person

#6095 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Damnit, can't get the 20% coupon to apply to Skyrim DLC.

I know it'll be cheaper when Skyrim GOTY comes out but I recently just started playing Skyrim again so I really want to check it out, why do you fail me GMG, WHY?!

#6096 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Dont want to sound like mr analpants

Posted Image

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#6097 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Does Dogfighter 1942 have first person view?

Dont want to sound like mr analpants, but I prefer those games in first person

I don't think so.

And for those complaining it doesn't play well with the kb/mouse, all I have to say is LOL.

Seriously, I really don't understand those PC gamers who refuse to use a game controller and bitch about the controls on a keyboard/mouse. GET WITH THE PROGRAM. :D I understand some games work better with a keyboard/mouse, but it's time to wake up and realize that some games are just about unplayable without a gamepad.
www.bighugenerd.com

#6098 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

And for those complaining it doesn't play well with the kb/mouse, all I have to say is LOL.

Seriously, I really don't understand those PC gamers who refuse to use a game controller and bitch about the controls on a keyboard/mouse. GET WITH THE PROGRAM. :D I understand some games work better with a keyboard/mouse, but it's time to wake up and realize that some games are just about unplayable without a gamepad.

unless they specifically state otherwise on the packaging (printed on the front of the box / at the top of the description on the store page,) I believe that all PC games should be playable with a keyboard and/or mouse. Maybe not as well as with a controller, wheel, etc. - but still playable.

The reason? Keyboard and mouse is the default control method for a PC, just like a controller is for a console.

Buying a PC game only to find that it's unplayable with KB+M is like buying a console game which, once you start your console, tells you to plug in some peripheral to proceed. If you don't own that peripheral, you'll most likely be annoyed that you have to buy something extra - that wasn't mentioned on the box - to play your game. That's exactly how some PC games feel when they buy PC games that are unplayable with KB+M.

tl;dr: PC games should all be playable with KB+M (but a lesser experience is OK) unless the controller, etc. requirement is explicitly specified on the box/store page. Otherwise, it's like a console game requiring a peripheral and only telling you when you start the console.
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#6099 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

I don't think so.

[sarcasm]
But, but - I always wanted to try the Mortal Kombat games & Street Fighter games w/ a KB/mouse.... ;)
Same goes for Tony Hawk games & Res Evil 4... ;)
[/sarcasm]

#6100 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

[sarcasm]
But, but - I always wanted to try the Mortal Kombat games & Street Fighter games w/ a KB/mouse.... ;)
Same goes for Tony Hawk games & Res Evil 4... ;)
[/sarcasm]

And twin stick shooters
Racing games are so much better with binary gas and brake controls...

Sheesh the expectations of some people ... Low end xbix games with low end PC ports.... Whadaya expect?

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#6101 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

And twin stick shooters
Racing games are so much better with binary gas and brake controls...

Sheesh the expectations of some people ... Low end xbix games with low end PC ports.... Whadaya expect?

[sarcasm]
I always wanted to play a complex strategy game w/ a gamepad, too... ;)
[/sarcasm]

#6102 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Just grabbed Mars: War Logs for $16 on GMG. Not very cheapass of me, seeing as how its an Indie game and will likely be in a bundle in a matter of months, but it looks really appealing to me, so seems worth it.

I've been looking at it too. It looks great and has some positive feedback on the GOG forums. GG has it for the same price if you have the 20% off. I've convinced myself to play Space Rangers and Star Wolves instead, but this game is definitely on my radar.

Damn, that Mars game looks awesome.

Wow Mars does look really good, wasn't even on my radar either.

Consider me WAY late to THIS party!

Just noticed this game (Mars: War Logs) on RPGWatch w/ some reviews linked there. Had to start digging around on the Net.
How the hell did this fly below my radar?
{eyebrow raised}

Gonna have to keep my eyes open for it in upcoming sales.

B/t this Mars: WL and Remember Me, we might on our hands on some Sleeper Hits this year...

#6103 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

I'm not really sure why, but I just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2.
www.bighugenerd.com

#6104 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

I'm not really sure why, but I just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Could be worse. You could have just bought Rail Cargo Simulator.

#6105 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Don't forget the fan faves: Woodcutting Simulator 2013 and Tiefbau Simulator

#6106 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

Don't forget the fan faves: Woodcutting Simulator 2013 and Tiefbau Simulator

Seriously. I'm waiting for the pencil-sharpening simulator.

Side-note: Euro Truck Simulator 2 is absolutely awesome. I had a heart-stopping moment where I entered a roundabout a little hot and nearly lost my load.

That came out wrong, but my heart was in my mouth. At a roundabout (wtf?!).

Truck-driving simulation. Technically a lorry-driving simulation.

I love it. What is wrong with me, exactly?
www.bighugenerd.com

#6107 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

Seriously. I'm waiting for the pencil-sharpening simulator.

Side-note: Euro Truck Simulator 2 is absolutely awesome. I had a heart-stopping moment where I entered a roundabout a little hot and nearly lost my load.

That came out wrong, but my heart was in my mouth. At a roundabout (wtf?!).

Truck-driving simulation. Technically a lorry-driving simulation.

I love it. What is wrong with me, exactly?

I've played the first one extensively, but it's not great, just so so. I am boycotting ETS2 until it hits a bundle or around $3. The devs ignored my emails about getting Steam keys for ETS1 once it was greenlit so they won't be getting much more of my money.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#6108 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

I've played the first one extensively, but it's not great, just so so. I am boycotting ETS2 until it hits a bundle or around $3. The devs ignored my emails about getting Steam keys for ETS1 once it was greenlit so they won't be getting much more of my money.

Well you're missing out. This is an addiction. :)
www.bighugenerd.com

#6109 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Just noticed this game (Mars: War Logs) on RPGWatch w/ some reviews linked there. Had to start digging around on the Net. How the hell did this fly below my radar?

I've seen some stuff that has said it's got horrible voice acting, and feels stiff, but otherwise it's decent. I'll consider it at $5.

#6110 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

If only there was a Bagger 288 simulator. I'd pay $60 for that any day.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Bagger_288

#6111 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

I've seen some stuff that has said it's got horrible voice acting, and feels stiff, but otherwise it's decent. I'll consider it at $5.

Divine Divinity had some not-so-hot voice-acting, as well....
{shrug}

Yeah, at $5 - sure, I'll definitely be interested in Mars: War Logs. :D

#6112 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Divine Divinity had some not-so-hot voice-acting, as well....
{shrug}

Yeah, at $5 - sure, I'll definitely be interested in Mars: War Logs. :D

Hard Truck Apocalypse: Rise of the Clans

Holy fuel, that game had the best voice acting ever.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#6113 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Screw the simulator. I want a Bagger 288 street racer.

#6114 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

So I'm about an hour and a half into Mars: War logs and really enjoying it. The character movement is kinda clunky and hard to get used to (i'm using a 360 gamepad) but after a little bit It feels pretty comfortable. The dialog is pretty stiff as well but I found the story and combat, and atmosphere to be pretty good so far. It kinda reminds me of a low budget Witcher, or very low budget Mass Effect if it had less dialog and focused on melee combat.

I do suggest that anyone who plays it and is confused about some of the story reads the War Logs section in the journal as it helped fill in some of the story for me that I hadnt been paying attention to

edit. I did forget to mention that some of the loading times are really long. I dont have this installed to my ssd, but I'd recommend you do so as a few loading screens so far have been around a minute or so

Edited by MrshllJcb, 07 May 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#6115 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

If there was a badger simulator, I would be all over that!
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#6116 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

The character movement is kinda clunky and hard to get used to (i'm using a 360 gamepad) but after a little bit It feels pretty comfortable.

Is it clunky because your character actually takes steps, sort of like in Dead Space or is it just clunky because it's clunky? I really like it when the characters seem grounded to the level, not like they're floating or sliding around.

#6117 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Anyone know if the Metro: Last Light on GMG is the same "Limited Edition" pre-order as on Steam or GamersGate? They don't explicitly list the extra guns, ammo, etc. (Edit: It is)

Was hoping to see more deals on this but, in the absence of that, deciding between 25% off GMG or 20% off GG w/ bonuses if they're not the same edition.

Edit: Whoops, they must have expanded their description since I last looked. Yes, it's the same Limited Edition.

#6118 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Sniper Elite Deals

Sniper Elite - $2.49
Sniper Elite V2 - $12.49
Sniper Elite V2 + DLC bundle - $18.23
Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army - $11.24
all V2 DLC is on sale individually - $1.24~ $1.99

all prices pre-coupon (GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA)

DLC Quest - $1.49
Giana Sisters - $7.49

T9rTk6Q.gif

#6119 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'm kinda stunned how Snajper Elite V2's prices have held steady.

Giana Sisters -- great platformer (with AAA visuals and soundtrack) ... but it was $5.09 on the steam winter sale.

#6120 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

If there was a badger simulator, I would be all over that!

How about a beaver simulator?

bZ2g3eF.png