green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11321 replies to this topic

#1051 Number 905

Number 905

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Yes. Skyrim uses full Steamworks, so every retail and DD key has to be entered into Steam to play.

Obviously, what I was asking was if you received the key at time of purchase and if it was possible to enter the key now and preload the game.

#1052 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Obviously, what I was asking was if you received the key at time of purchase and if it was possible to enter the key now and preload the game.

The way you worded it, it sounded like you weren't sure you got a Steam code at all. But either way, according to the product page, you get the key the day the game releases.
Posted Image

#1053 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

OP updated. Figures the one day I am insanely busy they drop a bomb like this.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1054 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

Looks like not waiting and hoping for some crazy GMG Skyrim deal was the way to go, I bit on D2D a couple weeks back.

#1055 kjs7

kjs7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:06 AM

OP updated. Figures the one day I am insanely busy they drop a bomb like this.

you know anything about an upcoming promo code?

76561197994095328.png

#1056 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:01 AM

you know anything about an upcoming promo code?

Nope. Best guess would be a code for a couple dollars cheaper after the game releases.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1057 Jason28

Jason28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

Looks like not waiting and hoping for some crazy GMG Skyrim deal was the way to go, I bit on D2D a couple weeks back.

Does D2D give you a code to redeem on Steam? The reason I ask is because it doesn't say on their page that you need to use Steam to play the game whereas if you look at Dead Island it says you need it. I was hesitant to buy it from D2D cause I wanted to get it on Steam.

#1058 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:52 AM

Does D2D give you a code to redeem on Steam? The reason I ask is because it doesn't say on their page that you need to use Steam to play the game whereas if you look at Dead Island it says you need it. I was hesitant to buy it from D2D cause I wanted to get it on Steam.

It is a Steamworks game so all copies must be registered on Steam. They will give you a key and pre-loading is active now.

#1059 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

I must have missed something, what is this conversion fee people are talking about?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1060 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

I must have missed something, what is this conversion fee people are taking about?

GMG is from the UK, remember.
This would be an International deal here.
There's a currency fee, from most banks - for switching from one currency [such as Pounds, Euros, etc] to another [US Dollars].

#1061 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

GMG is from the UK, remember.
This would be an International deal here.
There's a currency fee, from most banks - for switching from one currency [such as Pounds, Euros, etc] to another [US Dollars].

It's been between $1 and $3 for me so far depending on how much the transaction is for.

#1062 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

I dont think paypal charges any international fee, Sometimes I pay w/ my paypal debit card and I don't incur any fees either.

#1063 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Have they been giving the Skyrim keys so that we can preload or not yet?

#1064 Maynard

Maynard

Steam 48 hours a week.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

the one time they don't have a promo code. ARGH!

Posted Image

#1065 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Have they been giving the Skyrim keys so that we can preload or not yet?

Saw at least one post in this thread saying they got their key: http://forums.greenm...c/1285/?page=12

#1066 madpeon

madpeon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

I ordered Skyrim about 3 hours ago and received my key immediately after checkout. Registered via Steam and pre-loaded as well.

#1067 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

Thank you two for the input on the keys. I am ordering mine now then!

*Interesting side note*

I was going to pick this up at a midnight release for the 360 but lucky me my account got hacked and my account is under investigation for a month, rendering it useless!

Looks like I will be doing quite a bit more PC gaming this month!

#1068 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

*Interesting side note*

I was going to pick this up at a midnight release for the 360 but lucky me my account got hacked and my account is under investigation for a month, rendering it useless!

No one who has a capable PC should ever play an Elder Scrolls game on a console, that is like illegal.

#1069 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Working on placing my Skyrim order right now.

Thanks for the info, all.

#1070 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

No one who has a capable PC should ever play an Elder Scrolls game on a console, that is like illegal.

Haha well I live in an apartment with three other guys and we have two 46 inch tvs in the main room (one of them is mine). My computer is in my room and whenever I play PC games I feel like a troll just burrowed away in my room with no contact. When I play on consoles I can easily move it into the main room and hang out with everyone still as we watch a movie or someone else plays a game.

Though yes my PC is MORE than capable of running Skyrim at max so I suppose it is worth a try. I will still probably pick up the console version eventually now, but not quite as soon.

#1071 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

*Interesting side note*

Bethesda games are always better on PC simply because of the mod community. The mod makers are fanatical and create some truly amazing things that enhance and extend the life of the game greatly.

#1072 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

I've also heard that Skyrim has full plug and play xbox 360 controller support; changing menu interface and everything. :)

If that's how you want to roll.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#1073 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

I've also heard that Skyrim has full plug and play xbox 360 controller support; changing menu interface and everything. :)

If that's how you want to roll.

This is good for me. I love the better graphics and performance on my PC but I also love sitting back in my chair with a controller instead of being hunched over the keyboard.

Anyway, was hoping to wake up to a new coupon code but since that didn't happen, I'll stick with my $48 physical copy from NewEgg.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1074 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Wow, I am really tempted by skyrim now. I went to GMG and they offered me $1 off and a $5 bonus for the free men of war red tide game they had earlier this week. With a $15 store credit that brings the cost down to $32.79. Very tempting.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#1075 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

Wow, I am really tempted by skyrim now. I went to GMG and they offered me $1 off and a $5 bonus for the free men of war red tide game they had earlier this week. With a $15 store credit that brings the cost down to $32.79. Very tempting.

No brainer at that price if you like RPGs even a little!

#1076 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

No brainer at that price if you like RPGs even a little!

I bit, I was going to wait as my backlog is huge but that is a killer price.

Told my friend about it and they only offered the deal for him on war in the north. sad.

23480.png

#1077 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

I bit, I was going to wait as my backlog is huge but that is a killer price.

Told my friend about it and they only offered the deal for him on war in the north. sad.

Tell him to navigate to a different page and then back to the homepage, the trade-in offer for Skyrim will eventually pop as they just rotate through them. If that isn't working tell him to go to the page of the game being offered and then back to the homepage. I just cycled through six games so it is still working.

#1078 dreadful

dreadful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

I ordered Skyrim about 3 hours ago and received my key immediately after checkout. Registered via Steam and pre-loaded as well.

This is what I was looking for think you

#1079 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

I haven't received a code so it's probably a toss up.

23480.png

#1080 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

Haha well I live in an apartment with three other guys and we have two 46 inch tvs in the main room (one of them is mine). My computer is in my room and whenever I play PC games I feel like a troll just burrowed away in my room with no contact. When I play on consoles I can easily move it into the main room and hang out with everyone still as we watch a movie or someone else plays a game.

Though yes my PC is MORE than capable of running Skyrim at max so I suppose it is worth a try. I will still probably pick up the console version eventually now, but not quite as soon.

That is no excuse. Skyrim needs to be played on PC (just because of the Mods and other community fixes). It's like illegal. :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly