green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11339 replies to this topic

#1981 unknown0

unknown0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

I might be interested in going in on a four-pack. How would we go about doing it?

I am also interested in getting the 4 pack. Just need to figure out how to do this.

#1982 xeroblade

xeroblade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

I am also interested in getting the 4 pack. Just need to figure out how to do this.

someone needs to buy Borderlands GOTY, in order to use the %10 off towards the Borderlands 2 4-pack.

newxerryusigdone_zpse50671f5.jpg

#1983 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

GMG just dropped the price of BL 2 to $49.99 again, so $40 with coupon and less depending on your credit
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#1984 drbutchevil

drbutchevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

And after I ordered it for $48, damnit. Wonder if they'll adjust it. Sent an email to see but not really optimistic.

#1985 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

GMG just dropped the price of BL 2 to $49.99 again, so $40 with coupon and less depending on your credit

Cool.

Now if only they'll fix their checkout system so I can actually buy something.
Posted Image

#1986 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sent Newegg an email to see if I can cancel my Borderlands 2 order with them and still keep the discount on the other games I ordered at the same time. Hope this price is still available when I hear back from them.

EDIT: It's either all or nothing with Newegg. Looks I'll be keeping my order with them so I don't lose my $12 discount on Last Story and DoA5.

Edited by Killbomb, 27 July 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1987 LurkerLito

LurkerLito

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

I have to give props to GMG. I wasn't going to preorder this game at all cause I wasn't willing to spend $60 on it or $54 with that 10% discount steam is giving for the weekend for owning the original Borderlands. At $40 though, it's just at the max I am willing to buy it for on release day.

#1988 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Risen 2 is $26.76 today with the 20% off code. I've been wanting it since release, and that is the best price I remember seeing -- I just don't know if I have $27 worth of want for it.
Posted Image

#1989 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

I have to give props to GMG. I wasn't going to preorder this game at all cause I wasn't willing to spend $60 on it or $54 with that 10% discount steam is giving for the weekend for owning the original Borderlands. At $40 though, it's just at the max I am willing to buy it for on release day.

I also have to give props to GMG for a lot of nice deals. They actually let promo codes stack with other deals and pre-orders, which is rare among retailers.

Thanks to them:

Borderlands 2 pre-order: $40.00
Guild Wars 2 pre-order: $39.97 (with $5 credit from a free game they gave me)
Darksiders 2 pre-order: $34.96
Dark Souls pre-order: $32.00

All very reasonable prices on my "must have release-day" games.

Toss in my Orcs Must Die 2 and Torchlight 2 pre-orders from Steam and I believe I'm set for the next 6 months or so.

Noting the problems people have had with CC's being flagged and whatnot, I've always paid with paypal from the beginning and never had a problem.

I may be in the minority, but I prefer retailers who take the money up front for pre-orders. Makes it easier to budget for games, and reduces the chance of any forgotten surprises down the road.
Posted Image

#1990 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Updated the OP to reflect the Borderlands 2 price reduction (again).

Risen 2 is $26.76 today with the 20% off code. I've been wanting it since release, and that is the best price I remember seeing -- I just don't know if I have $27 worth of want for it.

I would wait for sub $20 range unless you really like the exploring aspect of it. I got it on release and was pretty disappointed by the quality.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1991 Steve77

Steve77

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

I updated the OP, the links for Borderlands 2 and Dead island are dead.
Please someone approve my edit, thanks

#1992 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

I updated the OP, the links for Borderlands 2 and Dead island are dead.
Please someone approve my edit, thanks

Your edit shows you taking the links out, they both still work and are still a deal...

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1993 Steve77

Steve77

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Your edit shows you taking the links out, they both still work and are still a deal...

for me they are taking me to a 404 page, other than the other links which still direct me to the right site... maybe its only me? Dunno

#1994 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

for me they are taking me to a 404 page, other than the other links which still direct me to the right site... maybe its only me? Dunno

Do you live outside the US? Also, in the future, instead of removing links if they are dead try to find the link on their site by searching and post it!

Edit: I appreciate the thought by the way, people rarely edit the OP besides me so it is nice to see some effort.

#1995 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Borderlands is back to $49.99 and you can still use 20% off to get it for $40.00. Best deal for a single copy right now I think.

Posted Image

Edit: If you buy BL1/BL1 GOTY you get a 10% off voucher for BL2. You don't get it if you buy them together. But it doesn't stack with 20% off so you're better off just using that in any case.
76561197996844513.png

#1996 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Had a $5 credit lying around (believe it was from that free game they let you trade-in a few months back) so got Borderlands 2 down to $35. Not too bad. I bought the 1st game when it was $5 on a Steam and must've put a good 50 hours into it. Don't mind showing Gearbox some more support by buying this one sooner (though always nice to save some cash as well).

#1997 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Borderlands 2 is very tempting at $40 but I hate paying up front on preorders...

#1998 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

re: Risen 2

I would wait for sub $20 range unless you really like the exploring aspect of it. I got it on release and was pretty disappointed by the quality.

I liked it but if someone goes in expecting a sort of Skyrim sandbox experience then you will definitely be disappointed. I guess it's more along the lines of the Witcher 2 in that you can do a little exploring but you are limited in that. The world does open up a good bit once you get a ship but there's no sailing the high seas.

I enjoyed and it thought it was fun. It had a (mostly) good sense of humor and there's not a ton of pirate games out there.

It's slightly on the short-ish side for an RPG, but that could be a good thing for some.

Combat was okay, could have been better but I am not much of a combat person anyway. I did think the difficulty was too hard in the beginning and too easy in the end but that's Piranha Bytes for you.

All that being said, if someone waited this long you might as well wait a little longer for it to go cheaper at this point.

steam_sig.png

#1999 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Borderlands 2 is one of the few games I would gladly pay MSRP for at launch if there was no other choice.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2000 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Trade a Borderlands 2 steam gift for Darksiders 2 if anyone has a key. Will also sell it for 39.98. PM me.

#2001 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

Hmmz, you guys think Dark Souls is worth it for $31.xx? Can I get this game cheaper anywhere else? The only reason I hesitate is that I remember an interview where the developers of the game admitted they were having trouble with porting it to the pc.

#2002 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hmmz, you guys think Dark Souls is worth it for $31.xx? Can I get this game cheaper anywhere else? The only reason I hesitate is that I remember an interview where the developers of the game admitted they were having trouble with porting it to the pc.

trouble? They said it would be horrible period. Im waiting for $5 or less
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2003 unknown0

unknown0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Got a source for that? I read the opposite. Unlocked fps, better resolution, powerful PCs will be able to run it better than the consoles, plus the extra content it comes with.

#2004 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

Got a source for that? I read the opposite. Unlocked fps, better resolution, powerful PCs will be able to run it better than the consoles, plus the extra content it comes with.

http://www.eurogamer...e-issues-remain

this thread presents both sides, but even reading the stuff in favor reveals the bad port quality
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2739546

read through the thread, not just OP

#2005 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

Thanks for the reply. I guess I wait on it till patches/update come out for it; shame kinda wanted to see the game in better graphics.

#2006 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Sleeping dogs is ~$34 with new coupon

#2007 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Just talked my buddy into pre-ordering some games, and we are getting Invalid Code with both of the 20% off codes. Hope it isn't dead, thought it was until the end of July.
Posted Image

#2008 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Sleeping Dogs looks like it'll be a very, very fun game. It's mighty tempting for $34 and I still have a 5 dollar credit.

#2009 everyoneisshiny

everyoneisshiny

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Sleeping dogs is ~$34 with new coupon

What new coupon are you referring to?

#2010 JJFutbol

JJFutbol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

@rybrad you rock my world! I never thought I would get such a great price on Borderlands 2. I had to cancel my preorder on Amazon where I thought the $53 was the lowest I'd get. Thanks so much for posting!