green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11638 replies to this topic

#2071 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Borderlands 2 is now $37.50 with the 25% off coupon.

*sigh* And I still can't get an order to go through. I'd really love to give GMG some money. If only they didn't make that so difficult!

#2072 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

I really hope they put Dawnguard up before this code expires.

steam_sig.png

#2073 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

*sigh* And I still can't get an order to go through. I'd really love to give GMG some money. If only they didn't make that so difficult!

I had trouble trying to checkout with my credit card, so I switched to Paypal and it worked just fine.

#2074 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Awesome price for Borderlands 2. I had it preordered on Amazon for $53, but not anymore. I had great success with GMG when I preordered Gods & Kings expansion for Civ V.

#2075 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Any CAGer help me and get a copy of Borderlands 2 using Paypal? I can pay back immediately. I messed up my email and didnt use my Paypal email and its a pain trying to change it on my phone

#2076 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I tried tweeting GMG on Twitter, about the Borderlands 2 discount discrepancy (16% instead of 20%), and the wanker is just ignoring me. How long does it take to reply to a fucking tweet?!

#2077 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

you never know with this site, just last week i purchase borderlands 2 for 40 and now with the new discount and the new coupon it comes down to 37.50, many would say its only 2.50 but that many probably don't remember the name of this site ;)

#2078 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

I like to consider myself a Frugal Ass Gamer.

#2079 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

you never know with this site, just last week i purchase borderlands 2 for 40 and now with the new discount and the new coupon it comes down to 37.50, many would say its only 2.50 but that many probably don't remember the name of this site ;)

I bought Sleeping Dogs from GMG the other day for $35.99 with the trade-in deal and now it's $33.74 so you're not alone. Not even worth the hassle of trying to cancel and rebuy for $2.15 since the original conversion fee of a dollar and change probably wouldn't be refunded.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2080 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

I bought Sleeping Dogs from GMG the other day for $35.99 with the trade-in deal and now it's $33.74 so you're not alone. Not even worth the hassle of trying to cancel and rebuy for $2.15 since the original conversion fee of a dollar and change probably wouldn't be refunded.

You might even be charged a second conversion fee as they refund the money.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2081 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

You might even be charged a second conversion fee as they refund the money.

Haven't cancelled a pre-order with them yet but I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2082 slugboss

slugboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

I just submitted a request for a refund to try and save a couple bucks, not sure about this conversion fee stuff... I didn't get extra fee for the initial payment through paypal, so I'm hoping it'll turn out ok. My main concern is gmg support actually responding before the deal is over...

Is the referral for $2 still in effect, OPs redirects me to the homepage. Do I just try checking out with a game from there? I'm thinking of creating a new account, but maybe I'm complicating things too much.

#2083 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Dwarfs!? for $1.87 is a decent deal (with voucher), anyone know if this voucher is multiple use or single use?

#2084 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

I just submitted a request for a refund to try and save a couple bucks, not sure about this conversion fee stuff... I didn't get extra fee for the initial payment through paypal, so I'm hoping it'll turn out ok. My main concern is gmg support actually responding before the deal is over...

Is the referral for $2 still in effect, OPs redirects me to the homepage. Do I just try checking out with a game from there? I'm thinking of creating a new account, but maybe I'm complicating things too much.

The conversion fee is what you get charged for them to convert your US dollars into British pounds since GMG is located in the UK. I normally see only the GMG charge for the game right away on my bank statement and then the conversion fee will show up later. Not sure how it works with Paypal but you might want to make sure you didn't get charged again for a $1+ or so.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2085 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Any idea on WHEN this 25% code expire?

#2086 slugboss

slugboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Does that apply to paypal? I ordered Borderlands 2 on 7/30 and havn't got an additional fee. I guess I might get pretty owned. Ordered The Last Remnant a few days before for $1 and havn't had an additional fee either. Regardless, I didn't think through how archaic this process is on this small site.

#2087 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Does that apply to paypal? I ordered Borderlands 2 on 7/30 and havn't got an additional fee. I guess I might get pretty owned. Ordered The Last Remnant a few days before for $1 and havn't had an additional fee either. Regardless, I didn't think through how archaic this process is on this small site.

ive purchased a few things from them over the last year using pp and i dont recall any additional fees at all.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#2088 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

I'm in the same boat, looks great but I can't commit money to it yet. If I was buying a physical copy I'd have preordered a couple months ago when I saw footage of this.

You know what, I'm thinking about getting it and keeping the key. If the reviews are bad when it comes out, then I'll trade it.

#2089 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

You know what, I'm thinking about getting it and keeping the key. If the reviews are bad when it comes out, then I'll trade it.

I thought about doing that too.

I don't get charged any conversion fees via Paypal because you're paying them in US dollars. If there's any conversion it's on their end after I've made my payment. That's how it works as far as I'm aware, anything else wouldn't make sense to me. They bill me in US dollars and I pay them in US dollars. If that's not how it works then I'd like to know. I do get charged conversion from my Canadian funds to US but that's a whole different thing.

Checked my Paypal record for Borderlands 2 purchase from today. I was charged in US funds, they can't charge again for some kind of conversion to GBP. I don't see why it'd be any different via credit card. I have only shopped there with Paypal so what do I know...

If you're paying them in GBP then you'd have to pay a conversion fee from US, I have only ever been charged USD from them.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 04 August 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#2090 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

FWIW I have been buying from them sporadically for quite some time via Paypal and I don't ever recall getting a conversion fee either.

steam_sig.png

#2091 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

I thought about doing that too.

I don't get charged any conversion fees via Paypal because you're paying them in US dollars. If there's any conversion it's on their end after I've made my payment. That's how it works as far as I'm aware, anything else wouldn't make sense to me. They bill me in US dollars and I pay them in US dollars. If that's not how it works then I'd like to know. I do get charged conversion from my Canadian funds to US but that's a whole different thing.

Checked my Paypal record for Borderlands 2 purchase from today. I was charged in US funds, they can't charge again for some kind of conversion to GBP. I don't see why it'd be any different via credit card. I have only shopped there with Paypal so what do I know...

If you're paying them in GBP then you'd have to pay a conversion fee from US, I have only ever been charged USD from them.

I live in Brazil and I never payed any conversion fees.

#2092 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

I now have 4 things pre-ordered from GMG, Dark Souls and Borderlands 2 today plus Darksiders 2 and Guild Wars 2 I pre-ordered during the steam sale week.

#2093 measureless

measureless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Thinking of picking of Arcania and Fall of Setarrif with this coupon but the "this game cannot be traded in" kind makes me wonder. Why not, GMG? Why not?

Posted Image

#2094 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

I want to order Dark Souls, Borderlands2, and Darksiders 2 but the CAG in me makes buying anything for more than 15 bucks like passing a bolder. I'm so beyond broke at the moment that the decision is easy.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2095 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

Sweet... I grabbed Borderlands 2 for $29 after the discounts and some freebie trade-ins.

76561197971332172.png

#2096 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

I want to order Dark Souls, Borderlands2, and Darksiders 2 but the CAG in me makes buying anything for more than 15 bucks like passing a bolder. I'm so beyond broke at the moment that the decision is easy.

$15!? woah there big spender!

I dont want to get any of them either. Maybe if there were some good $5 sale games..
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2097 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Payment issues

tengushee2 Aug 01 • Announcements

We are aware that many of our customers have been affected by the error message “Order Not Complete,” and that a large number of those orders were being falsely rejected by the system that we use. We would like to offer our collective apologies to everyone who had been affected, as we understand the level of frustration this has caused for a number of you.

We are now actively going through individual payment issues and we will keep you informed with the latest updates as soon as they happen. If you were unable to complete the purchase of a game, please do raise a ticket.

We know that this may have stopped you taking up our 20% voucher offer so when we resolve this issue we will create another code and send it out publicly on our blog. Please check back on our blog or follow us on Twitter for the latest news.

US banks

For those customers in the US, you may have experienced a different payment collection issue. Due to our name, ‘Green Man Gaming’ we have had some banks reject payment as they think we are a gambling site. We are in direct conversation with these banks but please continue to report this to us by raising a ticket as it helps identify those banks who we may not have spoken to yet.

#2098 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Maybe it's just my particular bank that charges me the conversion fee whenever I use my card for overseas purchases such as GMG, Gamersgate, etc. Might have to set up a Paypal account for GMG and start saving that $1 or so on every purchase. :D

EDIT: Updated my old Paypal account with my bank information and ordered Borderlands 2 from GMG. Now let's see if I still get charged the conversion fee...

EDIT 2: The $1.08 extra charge for Sleeping Dogs just showed up on my account and they call it an "International Transaction Fee". Really hoping I can eliminate this with Paypal.

Sweet... I grabbed Borderlands 2 for $29 after the discounts and some freebie trade-ins.

How many trade-ins did you have?

Edited by Killbomb, 04 August 2012 - 09:59 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2099 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Maybe it's just my particular bank that charges me the conversion fee whenever I use my card for overseas purchases such as GMG, Gamersgate, etc. Might have to set up a Paypal account for GMG and start saving that $1 or so on every purchase. :D

EDIT: Updated my old Paypal account with my bank information and ordered Borderlands 2 from GMG. Now let's see if I still get charged the conversion fee...

EDIT 2: The $1.08 extra charge for Sleeping Dogs just showed up on my account and they call it an "International Transaction Fee". Really hoping I can eliminate this with Paypal.

How many trade-ins did you have?

Do you have Chase? I used to have Chase and they were much more evil about charging a conversion fee. Wellsfargo never does online, only if it's a B&M business and I am swiping my card there at the actual international business.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2100 LurkerLito

LurkerLito

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

I also get "Foreign Transaction Fees" from my CC. But I never really know what purchase it's from since on my statement it is just one collated line. But I know for a fact that GMG(UK), GoG (Europe), and any other place that is outside the US (even if they charge in US dollars) has a % off the price paid fee associated.