green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11559 replies to this topic

#2101 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Do you have Chase? I used to have Chase and they were much more evil about charging a conversion fee. Wellsfargo never does online, only if it's a B&M business and I am swiping my card there at the actual international business.

I have Chase and use Paypal to pay and I have never seen this charge. I have 9 games from GMG.
Posted Image

#2102 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Do you have Chase? I used to have Chase and they were much more evil about charging a conversion fee. Wellsfargo never does online, only if it's a B&M business and I am swiping my card there at the actual international business.

Nope...Bank of America.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2103 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Nope...Bank of America.

Who is the other most likely to nickel and dime your ass to death bank after Chase. ;)

steam_sig.png

#2104 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, I forgot about BoA, hate them even more. Have you guys ever tried loading paypal credit into your account first and then paying with that? Just wondering if that might be away to avoid any conversion fees.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2105 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Dark Souls pre-order is DOTD with a 20% off code WHATB-IGJAW-SUHAV, however it's cheaper (and doesn't stack with unfortunately) the 25% off code of PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN.

A shame because while I'm really on the fence due to the GFWL + dev studio saying it's a bare bones port (ie don't expect miracles) I would have bitten @ 25% + 20% off.

steam_sig.png

#2106 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Dark Souls pre-order is DOTD with a 20% off code WHATB-IGJAW-SUHAV, however it's cheaper (and doesn't stack with unfortunately) the 25% off code of PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN.

A shame because while I'm really on the fence due to the GFWL + dev studio saying it's a bare bones port (ie don't expect miracles) I would have bitten @ 25% + 20% off.

Yeah, that would have been an amazing deal, lol.
Posted Image

#2107 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Do you get dinged with the conversion fee with Paypal? And is Sleeping Dogs definitely a Steam code?

#2108 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Do you get dinged with the conversion fee with Paypal? And is Sleeping Dogs definitely a Steam code?

http://www.greenmang...al-edtition-na/

Third party DRM: Steam
This game requires a free Steam account to play.

Like I mentioned earlier I didn't get charged a fee using Paypal, but others did I think.
Posted Image

#2109 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, I forgot about BoA, hate them even more. Have you guys ever tried loading paypal credit into your account first and then paying with that? Just wondering if that might be away to avoid any conversion fees.

If there's a way to do this, I'd love to know. I've wanted to do this before to avoid overdraft fees (I have an account I use specifically for buying games). AFAIK though, there's no such thing. :cry:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2110 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

I linked my Paypal account with my bank card and ordered Borderlands 2 last night so I guess I'll find out soon if that avoids the transaction fee.

Who is the other most likely to nickel and dime your ass to death bank after Chase. ;)

The international fee is the only thing they really hit me with. The stuff I use like a debit card and online bill pay are all free.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2111 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

If there's a way to do this, I'd love to know. I've wanted to do this before to avoid overdraft fees (I have an account I use specifically for buying games). AFAIK though, there's no such thing. :cry:

Well, if you confirm and validate your account you can. At least if I understand what you want. I can go and add money from my bank account to my paypal balance. So let's say I want to have a paypal budget of $50 for the next 3-4 months for my bundle purchases. I just transfer 50 bucks from my bank to paypal and will have the $50 in paypal credit sitting in my account whenever I need it. When I pay for anything through paypal, it will default to my paypal credit until I run out or don't have enough - then when I try to pay for something it will show something like:

Paypal Credit: $1
Remaining Balance Withdrawn From: Wells Fargo Bank Account #

Then when I see that I know I am out of cash so I either don't make the purchase or know that my $50 have run out.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2112 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

Tried to bite on GW2 at 20% off a week ago, but they kept denying my payments. Customer support got back to me after the coupon expired. Blessing in disguise, apparently.

I don't even know why I bought it though. Hopefully I can get in to it.

#2113 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Well, if you confirm and validate your account you can. At least if I understand what you want. I can go and add money from my bank account to my paypal balance. So let's say I want to have a paypal budget of $50 for the next 3-4 months for my bundle purchases. I just transfer 50 bucks from my bank to paypal and will have the $50 in paypal credit sitting in my account whenever I need it. When I pay for anything through paypal, it will default to my paypal credit until I run out or don't have enough - then when I try to pay for something it will show something like:

Paypal Credit: $1
Remaining Balance Withdrawn From: Wells Fargo Bank Account #

Then when I see that I know I am out of cash so I either don't make the purchase or know that my $50 have run out.

I swear, I tried for days to find such a feature, but all I could find is add money to my bank account (from PayPal). Where are you finding this?

#2114 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

I swear, I tried for days to find such a feature, but all I could find is add money to my bank account (from PayPal). Where are you finding this?

When I log in under the My Account tab the first sub tap is "overview" but right next to it is "Add Money"

now if I hover over "Add Money" it only shows the option to "Add Money from Moneypak" - but if I just click the "Add Money" sub tab directly it takes me to a page where I can add money from my bank account. Now I have a verified and validated account linked to my bank account, don't know if that makes a difference.

#2115 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

So apparently Greenman says Dawnguard will be up "in the near future".

http://forums.greenm...ge=2#post-25016

Dawnguard will be coming to GMG in the near future.

steam_sig.png

#2116 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

When I log in under the My Account tab the first sub tap is "overview" but right next to it is "Add Money"

now if I hover over "Add Money" it only shows the option to "Add Money from Moneypak" - but if I just click the "Add Money" sub tab directly it takes me to a page where I can add money from my bank account. Now I have a verified and validated account linked to my bank account, don't know if that makes a difference.

That's what I was missing, thanks! =]

#2117 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

That's what I was missing, thanks! =]

No prob, it's a pretty bad system IMO. I don't know why they don't have a "Add Money From Bank Account" option unless you click directly. Almost like they are trying to hide it. And what in the world is moneypak...lol

#2118 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

*sigh* And now Guild Wars 2 is sold out. I've been trying since Tuesday to buy it only to have my order repeatedly rejected on 4 different cards. I've yet to even hear back from support despite contact them after it first happened. I'm getting pretty close to just swearing off the site, heh.

#2119 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

*sigh* And now Guild Wars 2 is sold out. I've been trying since Tuesday to buy it only to have my order repeatedly rejected on 4 different cards. I've yet to even hear back from support despite contact them after it first happened. I'm getting pretty close to just swearing off the site, heh.

They'll probably get more keys for GW2 in a couple of days. They've sold out twice before and got more keys relatively fast.

#2120 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

No prob, it's a pretty bad system IMO. I don't know why they don't have a "Add Money From Bank Account" option unless you click directly. Almost like they are trying to hide it. And what in the world is moneypak...lol

Beats the hell outta me. Probably something from overseas like Rixty on GG. Wtf is Rixty? Lol

#2121 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

So apparently Greenman says Dawnguard will be up "in the near future".

http://forums.greenm...ge=2#post-25016

I'll have to keep an eye out for it even though I haven't finished the main quest in the Skyrim after 120 hours. :D

Speaking of the Elder Scrolls, bought Morrowind GOTY the other day when Steam had it for 66% off and after the graphics and sound overhaul mod, it looks amazing.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2122 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad 75% off - $4.99
Steam activable.
Stackable with PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN -25% voucher, so the effective price is $3.75

Deal seems to be good, but I'm not sure if I want this game, because I still haven't even installed RO1, which I have got since January.

#2123 kennyb324

kennyb324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thats a really great price for Red Orchestra 2

The game is completely different from Red Orchestra 1 (they went more infantry based with the second one)

I recommend it at that price because even though i really really suck at the game (ill be lucky if i get one kill in a 25 min match) i love it because of how realistic it is

by far one of the most realistic shooters out there, plus its made by tripwire who is a great developer (they are still supporting killing floor which is years old)

#2124 cloretsfresh

cloretsfresh

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad 75% off - $4.99
Steam activable.
Stackable with PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN -25% voucher, so the effective price is $3.75

Deal seems to be good, but I'm not sure if I want this game, because I still haven't even installed RO1, which I have got since January.

Hmm PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN voucher isn't working for me..:cry:

#2125 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hmm PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN voucher isn't working for me..:cry:

Weird. I checked once again and it's working for me. Maybe because I haven't bought anything with it.

#2126 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

RO2 is really a multiplayer game, right?

#2127 cloretsfresh

cloretsfresh

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Weird. I checked once again and it's working for me. Maybe because I haven't bought anything with it.

Looks like it. The code worked once I logged out.

#2128 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Is that much different from the GOTY version?
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#2129 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

RO2 is really a multiplayer game, right?

Yeah, it has bots for AI matches, but they are horrible.

76561197971332172.png

#2130 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Too bad the Digital Deluxe edition is $44.95 and not 75% off., but I'm still in for the base game at $3.75.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming