green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11321 replies to this topic

#2221 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

FEAR 3 is a great game at a great price.

My only two issues with it were the awful score rank up system (They couldn't monetize concept art or something with score? They had to give huge upgrades with that damn persistent score crap? Eugh) and the cover system which was wonky on consoles and doesnt translate to PC well at all. It's optional but it makes you pine for Syndicate's or CoJ BiB's lean systems which were great.

#2222 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

FEAR 3 is a great game at a great price.

My only two issues with it were the awful score rank up system (They couldn't monetize concept art or something with score? They had to give huge upgrades with that damn persistent score crap? Eugh) and the cover system which was wonky on consoles and doesnt translate to PC well at all. It's optional but it makes you pine for Syndicate's or CoJ BiB's lean systems which were great.

I'm playing it with a controller and the cover system is fine. Whoever plays as the player 2 ghost guy is completely OP. Fun game though.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#2223 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

I have $12 of credit to GMG from trading in games. Use $3 for FEAR 3 or save the credit for a better deal?

#2224 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Mass Effect is $4 after voucher. Finally got a PC copy.

#2225 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

I have $12 of credit to GMG from trading in games. Use $3 for FEAR 3 or save the credit for a better deal?

Save for a better game. With whatever voucher deal they have at the time plus your credit you will be able to get a new game at half price or lower.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2226 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

I agree about Just Cause 2 looking great, but would not trumpet Skyrim as many of the textures look like shit. The example of JC2 is good tho, I love the world of that game. Here's a HD video of what appears to be the PC version:

Thanks for linking that vid. Have to give it a look when I have time later. Anyway, hope we get our DS II and Sleeping Dogs keys soon!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2227 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

I preordered Darksiders 2 a few weeks ago and got my key about half an hour ago.
Posted Image

#2228 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

20% off code

PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR

http://www.pcgamer.c...m_source=social

Future deal according to PCGamer:
Legend of Pegasus has just been released. It comes with a 15% discount until midday Saturday. You can also get 75% off Fear 3 today. Tomorrow there’s 60% off The Witcher 2, and 75% off Lord of the Rings: War in the North on Sunday. You can also get up to 75% off all simulations at GMG. Loads of options then

so witcher 2 will be 80% off with coupon?

I like that it says
"This title is DRM free. Free Backup key included! [Redeemable at GOG.com]"

would definitely get it then
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2229 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

so witcher 2 will be 80% off with coupon?

I like that it says
"This title is DRM free. Free Backup key included! [Redeemable at GOG.com]"

would definitely get it then

IF the voucher stacks (hard to say at this point) it would be multiplicative and not additive so it would be 20% off the 60% reduced price. I think that is $12.80 but being it is Friday night and I have had a few drinks take that with a grain of salt.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2230 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

If it's true that The Witcher 2 will be 60% off tomorrow, that makes it $16 - $3.20 (20% off code) = $12.80.

That means I can get it for $0.80. :D

Unless I'm missing something...

edit - corrected 20% off code!

#2231 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

If it's true that The Witcher 2 will be 60% off tomorrow, that makes it $16 - $2.40 (15% off code) = $13.60.

That means I can get it for $1.40. :D

Unless I'm missing something...

Code is 20% off, not 15%.

#2232 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Corrected it above! Even better.

So if you buy Witcher 2 from GMG, it seems like you get a CD-key that you can use to redeem at GOG.com. Do you also have a copy stored in your library at GMG, or is it just the GOG.com redemption key they give you?

The product page says, "This title is DRM free. Free Backup key included! [Redeemable at GOG.com]." However, it also says you need the Capsule client to play. That makes it sound like you have a copy at GMG as well which is not DRM free since it requires that client.

#2233 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Corrected it above! Even better.

So if you buy Witcher 2 from GMG, it seems like you get a CD-key that you can use to redeem at GOG.com. Do you also have a copy stored in your library at GMG, or is it just the GOG.com redemption key they give you?

The product page says, "This title is DRM free. Free Backup key included! [Redeemable at GOG.com]." However, it also says you need the Capsule client to play. That makes it sound like you have a copy at GMG as well which is not DRM free since it requires that client.

If it is truly DRM free, you probably just use Capsule to download and install and then you won't need it again. That being said, you are probably better off just using the GOG key and avoiding Capsule altogether. Or just give me the GOG key, that is a totally viable option as well.

#2234 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

;)

I've used Capsule a couple of times and it seems like you need to have it open to run games as well. I wouldn't mind that too much except GMG uses a form of SecuROM for their client (though I'm not sure to what extent this goes). I remember last year they announced teaming with SecuROM to make the client, though.

#2235 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

;)

I've used Capsule a couple of times and it seems like you need to have it open to run games as well. I wouldn't mind that too much except GMG uses a form of SecuROM for their client (though I'm not sure to what extent this goes). I remember last year they announced teaming with SecuROM to make the client, though.

The two games I got from them are games that aren't eligible for trade-in (Batman Arkham City and From Dust) and neither one requires Capsule to be open. It could be that Capsule is required for games you can trade-in so they can revoke your ability to play after trade-in. With GOG offering a backup key I imagine Witcher 2 would not be eligible for trade-in.

#2236 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Came home from work to find an email containing my Darksiders II key so everyone should have them soon.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2237 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

The Witcher 2 is $12.79 with coupon
used some credit and got it cheaper :)
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2238 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

a noob question here so go easy on me please :)...

i never preloaded a game on steam before until i did yesterday with darksiders 2, so the game downloaded most of the file but a little is left and says download suspended, is this normal? would that part be downloaded on release day? thanks and easy on the flaming, i have a shield!

Posted Image

#2239 YEAHBUDDY

YEAHBUDDY

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

a noob question here so go easy on me please :)...

i never preloaded a game on steam before until i did yesterday with darksiders 2, so the game downloaded most of the file but a little is left and says download suspended, is this normal? would that part be downloaded on release day? thanks and easy on the flaming, i have a shield!

Posted Image

Yep. Just needs a decryption key (available when its released)

#2240 vherub

vherub

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

great deal on witcher with gog key, deserves its own thread for awareness

#2241 TheBomb69

TheBomb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Witcher 2 isn't Steamworks?

#2242 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Witcher 2 isn't Steamworks?

No. If you want it on Steam, you have to buy it on Steam.

#2243 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

After trading in games I got for free from GMG, I just got The Witcher 2 for $5.79. Wow.

#2244 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

No. If you want it on Steam, you have to buy it on Steam.

Not necessarily true. I purchased from Nuuvem a while back and emailed the request to free_backup@cdprojektred.com and got back a key that did activate on steam.

Pretty much everyone I´ve heard from that went the website route got non-steamable keys. I don´t know whether they are still emailing steamable keys and the turn around time is longer (about 12 hours depending on what time it is in Poland) but worth a shot if steam is important to you but not important enough to hold off until the next Witcher 2 sale that may not match the price of GMG.

#2245 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

After trading in games I got for free from GMG, I just got The Witcher 2 for $5.79. Wow.

Looks like GMG will have all the action until at least Labor Day.

I wish I had held off my Witcher 2 purchase, I have a good chunk of trade-in credit myself and would love to burn it on a decent title with a solid deal. Unfortunately, all the good stuff that was offered were games I already own (Witcher 2, Metro, CoH) or games I don´t want to buy for any price (Darksiders, old Hitman titles, etc.)

I´m crossing my fingers for a solid Alan Wake or Skyrim deal from these guys or else I´ll be picking them up from Steam this winter.

Edited by nategator, 11 August 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#2246 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

Now that we should all have our Darksiders 2 keys, anyone heard anything about when they're sending out the Sleeping Dogs keys?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2247 Chaozhound

Chaozhound

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

It won't let me use my debit or my credit card and they are both Visa which it says is acceptable. But okay.

#2248 sittinghawk3

sittinghawk3

Damn... Kobe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

It won't let me use my debit or my credit card and they are both Visa which it says is acceptable. But okay.

They are based in UK, so your bank might block it. Call em up to let em know or use paypal.

Sign up with my link to get free 2 dollar credit to GMG here  ;) Add me on steam here.

I've made 300 bucks in amazon credit and cash doing surveys here. I make 1$ if you use my referral and complete a survey. Min 5$ cashout for AGC, Min 10$ for paypal.

#2249 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

They are based in UK, so your bank might block it. Call em up to let em know or use paypal.

Call your bank/CU/number on the back of the card. The non-US sites tend to trigger fraud alerts -- did with mine.

#2250 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

Well goody, I just checked out with Witcher 2 for $12.79 after discount. I checked to use my $12 trade in credit so that the net cost would be $0.79, but it looks like that wasn't applied and I was charged the full $12.79. I submitted a help request and hope to hear back from them soon.

Do you guys think I can get a $12 refund onto my credit card in exchange for the $12 credit in my account? How good and how quick/responsive is their customer service?

Should I have my credit card provider dispute the transaction, just in case?

I haven't downloaded the game or viewed my keys on the site, but I see the GOG code is included in the confirmation email. So, I know a full refund is not possible but that's not what I want. Just to exchange my trade-in credit for that same amount charged to my credit card. Not sure why it didn't go through. I'm quite confident I checked it.