green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11514 replies to this topic

#2821 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

This site is legit? I've seen it before on here but just making sure from folks that have used it previously. Steam won't have problems with a UK key right? (Pretty sure I know this is true bc I bought Empire Total War from a UK site and registered on steam in the past)

The key is for the North American version, so it shouldn't be an issue.

#2822 billymagnum

billymagnum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

So you didn't buy it. You tried to buy it and got an error. I mean, it sucks, yeah, but if they ran out of keys or whatever and your order was never processed you just missed out on the deal.

but no one ever told me what was going on. no email from them and customer service that is less than instant. i was left to my own devives and had to message through twitter and facebook but still nothing. im sorry but if you are out of keys, LET PEOPLE KNOW. disable add to cart do anything. i think this company is really unprofessional and theres too much sketch about them. not to mention if you have a problem, BBB cant touch them...

#2823 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

Apparently metro 2033 is going to be like $3 tonight. Will definitely buy it just to test out my pc.

#2824 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

How do you even know if an order you placed went through? Do they send a confirmation email? After my purchase, it just sent me back to the front page after processing my payment.

#2825 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

How do you even know if an order you placed went through? Do they send a confirmation email? After my purchase, it just sent me back to the front page after processing my payment.

You can check your bank history (not always accurate since some websites have glitches).
In my case, they sent me an email confirmation instantly after purchase.
I can also see the preorder under 'my game' (borderlands 2 in my case).
I see some people not getting an email confirmation though. But I think you should always see it under "my games" if the purchase was successful.
Come check out my Trade thread!

#2826 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

I don't have anything under my games. I do however see a pending CC charge.

#2827 sirius389

sirius389

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

pre-purchased on august 7th, hope i get my key soon

I got my key. checked my email at 9PM EST, there was an email from GMG at 8:12 PM EST with my key. Pre-loaded in less than 7-ish minutes. :applause:

I hope everyone gets their key in time to pre-load. I was just worried about steam servers getting absolutely assaulted upon release lol.

This is the second pre-purchase I have done with GMG. First one I did was Sleeping Dogs, and they had a pretty big issue with that release, they were sending EU keys to US customers I think, but I think they have learned their lesson more or less. Better to be early than have a ton of angry customers hours after release demanding keys.
-Nicole

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2828 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

thanks bought homefront on an impulse buy...

76561198020429748.png

#2829 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

According to a staff member at gmg everyone who preordered should have keys I have their account. Might take awhile to get the email but should still have the key. This was true for me. Preloading now, my slow internet should still have it by Tuesday :-)
Posted Image

#2830 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

Metro 2033 for $3 is a complete and utter no brainer.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#2831 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

Wish i had held off on the THQ pack now as Metro was the main reason i wanted it. Ill just keep telling myself that Dawn or War, RF guerrilla and Company of Heroes are worth the $7 extra even if I don't play them for years

#2832 Orgymang

Orgymang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Wish i had held off on the THQ pack now as Metro was the main reason i wanted it. Ill just keep telling myself that Dawn or War, RF guerrilla and Company of Heroes are worth the $7 extra even if I don't play them for years

I can't speak for Dawn of War but Red Faction: Guerrilla was pretty decent, although I think the multiplayer was it's strongest point and I'm sure that is now dead. Company of Heroes is a very good RTS especially if you are a fan of the World War 2 theme.
Want to buy PC games at a discount? Sign up on GMG with my referral and receive a $2 credit when you spend at least $2.

#2833 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

I swear, GMG's site is so bipolar with their payments. The other day it absolutely would not take my card for Saints Row The Third. Today when I tried to order Metro 2033 it took it without so much as a hitch. Same card. Weird.

Anyway, I also got my Borderlands 2 key so I'm good to go!

630736.png

#2834 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

http://forums.greenm...e=38#post-30794

Basically - I took the game off sale (marked it out of stock). This meant multiple things couldn't fight over the same set of game data. I then extracted all the keys into a text file form the database and dumped them on a backend server. Wrote a script in NodeJS (heard of that?) which looked up all 'boxes' in the system and looped through them asynchronously and put keys in as required and, when done, dumped me the keys that hadn't been used by that process.

Then... I took that list and pumped it back in for people to start buying again.

The script that sends e-mails doesn't run on the same server - so e-mails will be a bit longer.

That's pretty rad if ya ask me.
sudo mklove

#2835 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

http://forums.greenm...e=38#post-30794

That's pretty rad if ya ask me.

Well hopefully they fix my order as I have received no confirmations but I have a pending charge.

#2836 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Just an FYI but my Borderlands 2 key was in my account a few hours ago but I have not received an email yet. If you are still waiting on your key, you might want to check your account on their site.

Edit: I should wake up more before I post so I actually pay attention to what people already posted. Everybody should have keys in their account. If not, I would recommend filling out a support ticket as something is most likely wrong in that case.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2837 slowpc

slowpc

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Well , I have been trying to order it for a little while and never got my cards to work with it.

Today I was going to call my bank and work on it , but it seems they fixed it on there end. Ordered borderlands 2 for 36 bucks and got my key at the end of the checkout process. Tossed it into steam and good to go. Now to get my projector screen by tuesday so I can use my new HD65 setup here ... :)

Nice having two days off starting tuesday :)

#2838 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

I wonder if I need to do a new order since nothing is showing up in my games and I have no confirmations still...

#2839 Midboss

Midboss

The Dark Adonis

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Just an FYI but my Borderlands 2 key was in my account a few hours ago but I have not received an email yet. If you are still waiting on your key, you might want to check your account on their site.

Edit: I should wake up more before I post so I actually pay attention to what people already posted. Everybody should have keys in their account. If not, I would recommend filling out a support ticket as something is most likely wrong in that case.

Thanks for letting us know! I just checked too, and it was there despite the fact I have not received an email about it.

#2840 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

According to a staff member at gmg everyone who preordered should have keys I have their account. Might take awhile to get the email but should still have the key. This was true for me. Preloading now, my slow internet should still have it by Tuesday :-)

Mine is in my account and I didn't get an email. Must have received it early this morning. Preloading now!

#2841 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Mine is in my account and I didn't get an email. Must have received it early this morning. Preloading now!

same, no email but the key does show up on my GMG account, I redeemed it on Steam and I'm about to start downloading it

AnQAzfm.png

#2842 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

My internet sucks. I'm going to go to a friends house while my wife has a shopping party, dude has fast internet. Can I back up borderlands 2 by copying its folder from my laptop over to my desktop like with a regular game? Or does preloading now allow this. If I understand right, I can still copy the folder, but steams crappy back up program wont do it, which would be fine with me. Hopefully someone has insight into this. Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

#2843 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

You can move steam games between computers by copying their folder. I have done so.

Official Steam advice:
https://support.stea...=7418-YUBN-8129

#2844 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

I am tempted to put in another order as I think mine is lost in a void somewhere...

#2845 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Got my BL2 key and pre-loading now. Gives me hope that Sleeping Dogs was a one-time problem.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2846 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Broke down and bought the Borderlands 2 season pass. I am a weak weak man.

#2847 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

If the price is good, you're a smart man.

#2848 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Did the same and I've never bought a season pass before. Getting the game and all future DLC for less than the MSRP of the base game is a steal.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2849 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

You can move steam games between computers by copying their folder. I have done so.

Official Steam advice:
https://support.stea...=7418-YUBN-8129

Yes. I know you can do this usually... just wasn't sure if there was anything about preloads that would prevent you from doing this

Edited by shaggyc, 15 September 2012 - 07:48 PM.
Quote was left off when posted from phone.

Posted Image

#2850 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

I am tempted to put in another order as I think mine is lost in a void somewhere...

Is the game showing up in your "My Games" section? If so, I would just contact them about your key as an official company rep said everyone should have keys (just not emails) awhile ago.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link