green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11514 replies to this topic

#2911 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, I've been messing around with the skill tree a bit.

http://www.borderlan.../us/#characters

I enjoyed all the BL classes except for Berzerker so I'll probably do like everyone else and start with the Siren. I do like that they've changed the focus of the zerker from useless fists to shooting copious amounts of bullets.

I actually really liked the berzerker. =P While many didn't like the fists, there was something about insta-gibbing enemies with my fists + crazy health regen that drew me in. The sniper was my main though. =P

Thanks for the link. ^^

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2912 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:59 AM

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with my card getting declined anywhere. I just called Chase and they said there was no charge that was attempted in the last 2 days, I tried last night and just now, and it still gets declined. Seems pretty stupid that they are having trouble taking people's money.

fs_overall.png

#2913 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Just a reminder that the 25% off voucher expires in a little over 8 hours. If you are planning on picking something up with it you should act soon.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2914 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

I enjoyed all the BL classes except for Berzerker so I'll probably do like everyone else and start with the Siren. I do like that they've changed the focus of the zerker from useless fists to shooting copious amounts of bullets.

Useless? I wrestled Crawmax to the ground with my bare hands, a large rocket launcher and lots of screaming. I thought Brick was the most powerful character in my opinion. I'm sad that i won't be falcon punching my foes into a chunky soup.

I will however enjoy standing in front of my foes, cursing and flipping them off. All while i am jumping through the air dual wielding reenacting shot for shot ANY john woo movie.

Damage get's converted to health? Hurt me more snake.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#2915 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

Tried it again for like the 4th time and it finally randomly worked and I got my key, whew.

fs_overall.png

#2916 Ameliestrange

Ameliestrange

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

ah well i tried to buy it with a vanilla visa card but it won't work

#2917 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

Useless? I wrestled Crawmax to the ground with my bare hands, a large rocket launcher and lots of screaming. I thought Brick was the most powerful character in my opinion. I'm sad that i won't be falcon punching my foes into a chunky soup.

I will however enjoy standing in front of my foes, cursing and flipping them off. All while i am jumping through the air dual wielding reenacting shot for shot ANY john woo movie.

Damage get's converted to health? Hurt me more snake.

I think a lot of my dislike stems from the fact that he has rocket launcher bonuses and I never found a way to take advantage of them (i.e. RLs not good). Also when you're playing with characters designed for long-range combat, by the time you get in close to pound someone they're already dead. Perhaps I'm the only one that had that experience with him. Dunno.

Anyhow, it looks like the gunzerker now has a melee skill branch and the other two are more guncentric. The assassin looks to have some pretty strong melee skills in BL2.

76561197971332172.png

#2918 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

wonder if they'll extend the 25% code again or when we'll get a new one

first paycheck from my new job won't be until the 28th :-(

#2919 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Which is the perferred version to get pc,360 , ps3 ? How was borderland's online community on Pc?

#2920 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

Which is the perferred version to get pc,360 , ps3 ? How was borderland's online community on Pc?

Do you have any friends that you can play with on any system? If not, I would just go with the PC.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#2921 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

PC will always be graphically superior. Like Pancakes said though, if you have friends on a specific platform, go with that one. Otherwise, if your PC can handle it, get it on that. Plus, I mean, its $36, I havent seen it that cheap for the consoles.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2922 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

Got a Borderlands 2 Season pass before the end of the sale, thanks!
Posted Image

#2923 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

Well, I dove in and bought the BL 2 season pass and CoH. So much good about them in here I figure I would take the chance.

Hope to get a quick resolution about my vanished account. I hadn't logged in in a LONG time.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2924 kjs7

kjs7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

wonder if they'll extend the 25% code again or when we'll get a new one

first paycheck from my new job won't be until the 28th :-(

same. I wanna get dishonored but I have other necessities to buy and $45 could go a long way.

they have had a lot of these sales recently though, so I'm not terribly worried

76561197994095328.png

#2925 slugboss

slugboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

I hate to go back on my word, but I'm weak too. I just bought the season pass after careful evaluation of other season passes. For example, Saints Row 3 season pass was only a 15% discount to begin with and the best season pass thus far Gears of War 3 was only 22.50 on christmas eve after RAAM's shadow came out. This will probably be a similar deal on steam... I regret missing the Gears of War 3 season pass sales, even early this month. Borderlands 2 is all campaigns and will probably be an even better value since they can be experienced singleplayer aswell.

Sorry about the lengthy explanation, I just feel guilty supporting season passes and am wary of amazon or greenmangaming improving the deal in the meantime. Makes me feel less like a cheapass and more like a sucker...

Also, I bet the Mechromancer dlc is included in the base game purchase for a long long time. Just like how I received the Duke Nukem First Access DLC by getting Borderlands GOTY on steam for really cheap several months after.

#2926 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Try this code for 20% off. Haven't tried it myself.

GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY

#2927 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Try this code for 20% off. Haven't tried it myself.

GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY

According to their blog that should be good until the 25th so no reason for it not to work. I will update the OP when I get home in a bit.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2928 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Edited the OP to reflect the Game of thrones Sale as well as the 20% code, and Nordic games sale, as well as the new prices for the games up top with the new voucher

didnt know how to edit the title though.

Also my bad Rybrad, didn't see that you were gonna update the OP today, wasn't tryin to step on your toes. Hopefully I did save you a lil time though.

Edited by MrshllJcb, 17 September 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#2929 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Game of Thrones is 75% off! I think its not steam redemable.

#2930 tranceFusion

tranceFusion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

I thought the borderlands 2 $36 sale ended today, not yesterday? Is that coupon code still working?

#2931 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

ah well i tried to buy it with a vanilla visa card but it won't work

For what its worth mine was an Amazon.com rewards chase visa, kept getting declined and then it just worked the last time I tried it. No updates in my support ticket from GMG.

I thought the borderlands 2 $36 sale ended today, not yesterday? Is that coupon code still working?

I think they extended it because of their payment declining fiasco.

fs_overall.png

#2932 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I must say that this is the first time I will play A launch title via download. I picked up Hitman too. The 36.00 price point I believe is my sweet spot . I am happy I am still debating on the season pass thing. Does that mean just 1 year?

Even thought it is a download I feel that it is a. Fair deal over retail. Sorta like passing the non packaging savings to us. !

Edited by gepet0, 17 September 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#2933 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Edited the OP to reflect the Game of thrones Sale as well as the 20% code, and Nordic games sale, as well as the new prices for the games up top with the new voucher

didnt know how to edit the title though.

Also my bad Rybrad, didn't see that you were gonna update the OP today, wasn't tryin to step on your toes. Hopefully I did save you a lil time though.

I appreciate the updates so don't worry about that. I usually just post in the thread if I can't update it right away because the amount of pissing and moaning I have to deal with when deals are dead and I haven't updated RIGHT THAT SECOND is unreal. I think last time a really good deal ended I got about 8 PMs from people bitching about it. As for the title, that can only be changed by me so that will be taken care of in a minute.

Game of Thrones is till showing full price for me but I see a couple people have said it is showing for them so not sure what the issue is.

It WAS working until today at 1100 UTC which is 7am Eastern Time.

Edit:
Looks like Sleeping Dogs is 30% off again for a couple days.

Sleeping Dogs $34.99 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMGSD-Q3GRW-ZNLWR, valid until September 20, 7am Eastern Time

#2934 GameFlysBy

GameFlysBy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Never used GreenManGaming before, but I think I'm going to bite.

#2935 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

According to their Facebook page the Game of Thrones deal is over, that was fast.

#2936 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

I just used the coupon code for Borderlands 2 and it worked fine. Final total was $38.40 so not sure if that's some sort of tax thing or what (I am from Seattle). Still a great price, though. I just redeemed the Steam code and all is well!

#2937 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

I just used the coupon code for Borderlands 2 and it worked fine. Final total was $38.40 so not sure if that's some sort of tax thing or what (I am from Seattle). Still a great price, though. I just redeemed the Steam code and all is well!

The 25% off coupon expired. You used the 20% off.

#2938 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Borderlands 2 is all campaigns and will probably be an even better value since they can be experienced singleplayer aswell.

This is the main reason I bit on the BL2 season pass. I'm normally not interested if a season pass involves just maps and such.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2939 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

40 bucks is likely the lowest BL2 would go for a while, right? Probably until Black Friday?

I want it, but I'm not sure if I want it 100% yet. I just played the first Borderlands for about an hour and found it to be a pretty interesting mix of MMO elements and FPS/Fallout. Should I work through the first one some more, or should I just jump on BL2?

#2940 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

40 bucks is likely the lowest BL2 would go for a while, right? Probably until Black Friday?

I want it, but I'm not sure if I want it 100% yet. I just played the first Borderlands for about an hour and found it to be a pretty interesting mix of MMO elements and FPS/Fallout. Should I work through the first one some more, or should I just jump on BL2?

Who knows man. I mean if pre-orders have been around the $36 to $38 range for the last two months, I could see the game getting a discount before Thanksgiving. BL1 has so much stuff you can do you could probably be distracted by until Black Friday.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/