Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: New 25% off coupon + Free Games with select pre-orders

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11749 replies to this topic

#3361 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

time to move back to amazon

cant understand why anyone would ever limit themselves to one digital download service :roll:

anyway for preorders this is bad...for other stuff not so much
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#3362 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

New deals up, pretty mediocre as I think most of these have been cheaper elsewhere several times.

Blades of Time $9.99 (Steamworks)

Alien and Space Deals (up to 75% off):
Full list of deals

Red Faction Armageddon $4.99 (Steamworks)
Red Faction Guerilla $4.99 (Steamworks)
Rochard $4.99 (Steamworks)
Supreme Commander $4.99 (Steamworks)
Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War II: Retribution $7.49 (Steamworks)
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine $7.49 (Steamworks)

Edit: Update on vouchers

Hi Guys,

The creditback/cashback offer is in place of a voucher, not as well as a voucher. If you like vouchers, don't worry there will be more. Cashback/creditback is just another great way of giving you deals on the games you want. Please note however, that we cannot give creditback or cashback on pre-purchases that have already taken advantage of a voucher offer.

/George

Relevant portion bolded.

Edited by rybrad, 29 October 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3363 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

But this also probably means all the pre-orders or games they don't want you to use vouchers on will get credit back. I have a $10 credit, but I would have liked to use it with a voucher to maximize the purchase on one intended purchase. If only I would have made a pre-order purchase back when the 25% voucher was out in the world.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#3364 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

NBA 2K13 (Steam) - $23.99 | w/ $3 cash back or $5 GMG credit. Pretty good deal
http://www.greenmang...ports/nba-2k13/

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#3365 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

25% off voucher GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S, excludes most titles that already have a deal
Expires Friday, November 9, 2012 at 7am EST

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#3366 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

25% off voucher GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S, excludes most titles that already have a deal

Lol. It's kind of funny with all the panic that they put one up.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#3367 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Is there a list of the titles excluded? I wasn't able to find one.

76561197971332172.png

#3368 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Is there a list of the titles excluded? I wasn't able to find one.

Not that I have seen yet, they just said it won't stack with "most" other deals earlier. Trial and error basically, enjoy! I tried a few of the big name pre-orders this morning that are offering cash back/credit deals and no luck on those.

#3369 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Lol. It's kind of funny with all the panic that they put one up.

I dunno about "panic"...

But let's be realistic: people stacked the vouchers with sale prices. Vanilla 20% or 25% off sales elicit bored yawns (especially when they're excluding just released games where 25% may mean something). Good for them for continuing with the vouchers but hopefully there'll continue to be chances for stacking sale offers. It looks as though it's stacking with the sales I tried (Crusader Kings II, Borderlands 2) so I guess it's just not stacking with the cash/credit promotions.

Some of the counter-criticism is a bit silly. No one needs to "cry" or "panic" about GMG. If they have the best deals, people will shop there. If they don't, people will shop from the other half-dozen places offering the same digital product. Being critical of changes in GMG's policies from a consumer standpoint and mentioning it on a forum dedicated to deals isn't akin to screaming, waving your arms around and running in circles.

#3370 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

I got Red Faction Guerilla for $3.75. Dishonored goes down to $45 though not sure if I want to bite on it.

#3371 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Not that I have seen yet, they just said it won't stack with "most" other deals earlier. Trial and error basically, enjoy! I tried a few of the big name pre-orders this morning that are offering cash back/credit deals and no luck on those.

so no go on Hitman?

edit: nvm seems like they got rid of a lot of the cash back/credit deals

Edited by buckythekat, 31 October 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#3372 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

I dunno about "panic"...

But let's be realistic: people stacked the vouchers with sale prices. Vanilla 20% or 25% off sales elicit bored yawns (especially when they're excluding just released games where 25% may mean something). Good for them for continuing with the vouchers but hopefully there'll continue to be chances for stacking sale offers. It looks as though it's stacking with the sales I tried (Crusader Kings II, Borderlands 2) so I guess it's just not stacking with the cash/credit promotions.

Some of the counter-criticism is a bit silly. No one needs to "cry" or "panic" about GMG. If they have the best deals, people will shop there. If they don't, people will shop from the other half-dozen places offering the same digital product. Being critical of changes in GMG's policies from a consumer standpoint and mentioning it on a forum dedicated to deals isn't akin to screaming, waving your arms around and running in circles.

I agree with you but I guess I see it from the outside in. If they don't have the best deal, I don't buy from them. That to me is taken for granted. So from my perspective the whole thing is humorous.

#3373 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

I agree with you but I guess I see it from the outside in.

"Outside" of what? It's a forum for discussing deals, sales and associated merchants. It's like going to a car forum and seeing someone say they think the new Ford looks like crap and saying "Haha, look at you guys talking about this car on this car forum! You're all crying so hard!"

Just seems bizarre to me. I could see it if people were demanding boycotts or class action lawsuits or breaking out their wanna-be lawyer routines and quoting European Union International Humanitarian Law or something but... just saying "Wow, that change sucks. Guess I won't buy from there"? Really?

Takes all kinds, I guess.

#3374 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

"Outside" of what? It's a forum for discussing deals, sales and associated merchants. It's like going to a car forum and seeing someone say they think the new Ford looks like crap and saying "Haha, look at you guys talking about this car on this car forum! You're all crying so hard!"

Just seems bizarre to me. I could see it if people were demanding boycotts or class action lawsuits or breaking out their wanna-be lawyer routines and quoting European Union International Humanitarian Law or something but... just saying "Wow, that change sucks. Guess I won't buy from there"? Really?

Takes all kinds, I guess.

I'm sorry if I offended you and I'm not trying to flame anyone for being upset. I didn't realize this was so sensitive an issue.

However, I find the following order of events funny:

1. GMG can't discount X-Com in NA.
2. GMG devises cash back program for x-com
3. Customers rejoice.
4. GMG thinks, hey instead of discount vouchers lets just do cash back all the time so we keep customers buying from us.
5. Customers express their displeasure. Some customers state they will not purchase there at all any longer.
6. GMG goes back to vouchers just a few days later.

If its not funny to you, that's fine. However, it makes me smile on two levels.

1. GMG giving up so fast after the community has spoken.
2. Customers acting like the cash back program was the end of any kind of voucher.

It's really a matter of perspective and either way I agree that it requires some conjecture on my part but the extremes make me laugh.

At this point it's no longer funny to me as it has gotten far too sensitive and serious, so I'll back down and won't mention it again.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#3375 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm sorry if I offended you and I'm not trying to flame anyone for being upset. I didn't realize this was so sensitive an issue.

I'm not offended nor am I especially sensitive about it. I just found it weird that people were being so hyper-defensive about pretty benign criticism.

I do agree that it's interesting that GMG reverted to vouchers so quickly. Failed experiment, I guess and the response must have been much more vocal from other corners than it was here.

#3376 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

They haven't reverted to anything. They said from the outset that the vouchers were not being eliminated, but wouldn't stack with these new cash back/money back deals.

It's just smart business for them to make it so you have to buy from them with these pre order bonuses. They are pretty generous in giving you the option of cash or credit. Seems like no one does that anymore, even with trade ins.

I never really pre order too often, so the occasional voucher stacked upon a sale is all I ever want and it seems those are still around.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3377 Hardtarget

Hardtarget

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

damn, dishonored was on sale yesterday, was hoping the coupon would stack but it's not on sale anymore
:(

#3378 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Will the 25% voucher work on multiple orders or is it 1 use only per account?

#3379 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Will the 25% voucher work on multiple orders or is it 1 use only per account?

I just used it to buy SD DLC. Then after that order went through I put Dishonored in my cart, added the code, and it applied to dishonored (I am logged in). So I assume it is multiple uses? Not sure if the code would come up as invalid if it wasn't?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3380 g6grim

g6grim

Grim Reaper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I just used it to buy SD DLC. Then after that order went through I put Dishonored in my cart, added the code, and it applied to dishonored (I am logged in). So I assume it is multiple uses? Not sure if the code would come up as invalid if it wasn't?

Thanks. Yeah... it's hard to say. If we still don't have an answer, I'll post here after trying it myself this evening.

#3381 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks. Yeah... it's hard to say. If we still don't have an answer, I'll post here after trying it myself this evening.

Just used it to buy Red Faction. So it works more than once :)

#3382 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hitman Absolution Professional Edition for 33.75 tempting :D

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#3383 THHG

THHG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Oh, pre-order Sine Mora (Steam) for $10.12 after voucher. Seemed neat on 360.

#3384 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Does GM charge when you check out or when the preorder goes live?
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#3385 luxarific

luxarific

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

What does "RPP" mean in this answer from the first post in this thread?

"As our offers are usually VERY competitive, we don't price match our own offers and vouchers. However, if a title is reduced in terms of RRP, we'll refund the difference."

#3386 AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Oh, pre-order Sine Mora (Steam) for $10.12 after voucher. Seemed neat on 360.

Just did the same.

#3387 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

What does "RPP" mean in this answer from the first post in this thread?

"As our offers are usually VERY competitive, we don't price match our own offers and vouchers. However, if a title is reduced in terms of RRP, we'll refund the difference."

Recommended Retail Price, same as MSRP. In other words, no price match unless a title gets a permanent price cut.

#3388 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Does GM charge when you check out or when the preorder goes live?

I think it's when you check out, or at least that's how it was for Borderlands 2.

#3389 cLoso

cLoso

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Tried buying NBA 2K13 from GMG for about half an hour using PayPal, my debit and credit card. Would not work for either of them. I would have gladly paid more to get it through them but it was not meant to be. Good deals to be had if you can get the coupon to work. Still eyeing the borderlands season pass though. Is it worth it?

#3390 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

is the coupon multi-use?

just hope that GMG will allow me to use my PayPal to purchase.. it keeps saying it's logged to another account. (well yes, i used it once to help my brother purchase something on his account)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE