Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: New 25% off coupon + Free Games with select pre-orders

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11776 replies to this topic

#4021 citcloud

citcloud

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Answered the short the survey & got the 35% voucher, I hope GMG does improve their website & hopefully more great deals in 2013 ^_^

#4022 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

OK, admittedly my experience with buying stuff off of GMG is pretty limited, (I've only actually paid for two items over 5 months time) but aside from their countdown timer in the checkout, I haven't had any real complaints with them. Yet I see many people saying that they did the survey to help improve the site. Seemingly implying that the site is plagued with problems. Am I misinterpreting people's comments? Or are there a lot of problems with GMG that I simply haven't experience due to my limited use of the site?

57j.gif

#4023 zenii

zenii

cynical sam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I've heard some people complain about not being able to check out or complete their purchase but personally I've never had that problem so I can't say much more. The only real problem I have with GMG is their stupid Capsule client, but now I've learned to just avoid games that require it, so meh. Other than that they're pretty golden.

#4024 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

A lot of people run into payment problems. Even some who used to be able to pay with out issue.

I've never run into problems other than the site being super slow sometimes.

But others have posted about games being traded in without notice, vouchers not being attached to their accounts, etc.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4025 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

OK, admittedly my experience with buying stuff off of GMG is pretty limited, (I've only actually paid for two items over 5 months time) but aside from their countdown timer in the checkout, I haven't had any real complaints with them. Yet I see many people saying that they did the survey to help improve the site. Seemingly implying that the site is plagued with problems. Am I misinterpreting people's comments? Or are there a lot of problems with GMG that I simply haven't experience due to my limited use of the site?

From a UX design perspective there is quite a bit wrong but the main general user complaints are: key distribution for pre-orders, Capsule being awful, cash back/credit system instead of vouchers and payment failures issues. The technical issues have been getting better and they continue to work on them but I imagine that will be the majority of their complaints.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#4026 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

anyone know if the batman as goty has windows achievements thru steam?

I'm a noob to all this steam/steam works stuff

It uses Games for Windows Live so you'll be getting Achievements that will go towards your 360 Gamerscore.

Anyway, I already own Arkham Asylum on PS3 but I think it's worth this price to have on PC plus grab some extra Gamerscore.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4027 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I took the survey to improve the site in that they asked for my feedback. Although my feedback is pretty much positive (never had a payment issue for example), I'm sure they'll add it into the heap and use it for something.

My biggest site issue is fairly minor -- they should do a better job of making sales/vouchers obvious on the front page. I sometimes need to hunt in the blog for the voucher code or, if it is advertised on the main page, it's a graphic and I can't just copy and paste it.

I like that the voucher is good into January. I'm sure some Christmastime sale will make it worthwhile.

#4028 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

I sometimes need to hunt in the blog for the voucher code or, if it is advertised on the main page, it's a graphic and I can't just copy and paste it.

I know this is a total First World problem but I feel the same way. I go 'Ugh, an image? Really? I can't copy and paste that and will have to manually typing the whole 8 or 10 characters in or dig through the blog!' :-({|=

That said, as silly and lazy as that may be, it should be easy enough for them to post it on their site as text I would think.

#4029 gigaislam

gigaislam

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

i read a lot of negative reviews about greenmangaming security issues so i wanted to ask if you people if the site is safe or not

#4030 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

i read a lot of negative reviews about greenmangaming security issues so i wanted to ask if you people if the site is safe or not

It's fine as far as I'm aware. Tons of people shop there.

#4031 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Penguin Jim is that you?

#4032 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

I go through paypal so it's not like they have access to any of my info anyway.

I think the reports of "security issues" were people's banks and credit cards putting holds on purchases because they were international and hence the banks thought the cards had been stolen.

Those were just misunderstandings. No one was scammed or anything like that.

#4033 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I go through paypal so it's not like they have access to any of my info anyway.

I think the reports of "security issues" were people's banks and credit cards putting holds on purchases because they were international and hence the banks thought the cards had been stolen.

Probably Germans

#4034 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Probably Germans

That too. They are causing problems with all their Euro log cutting and toilet simulators. :booty:

#4035 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

How did you all find out about the survey? It doesn't seem to be mentioned on the GMG site, forums, or blog.

#4036 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

How did you all find out about the survey? It doesn't seem to be mentioned on the GMG site, forums, or blog.

It was in an email they sent out.

Here's the link. It doesn't appear to be unique.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SXJWK5Y

#4037 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

So Chivalry is going to be $9.xx on Thursday (Dec. 13th); or is it suppose to be on sale now? Recently got around figuring out what Chivalry is...and I want it now. However, if it's going to be $10 soon I might as well wait.

#4038 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

I know this is a total First World problem but I feel the same way. I go 'Ugh, an image? Really? I can't copy and paste that and will have to manually typing the whole 8 or 10 characters in or dig through the blog!' :-({|=

Hehehe. I feel the same way. I actually usually check this thread for the code after that, so I hopefully don't have to type it even then.

#4039 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Penguin Jim is that you?

:applause:

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#4040 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

It was in an email they sent out.

Here's the link. It doesn't appear to be unique.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SXJWK5Y

I had a look and found that in the trash. It just looked like a "this is this week's coupon" email.

#4041 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

So Chivalry is going to be $9.xx on Thursday (Dec. 13th); or is it suppose to be on sale now? Recently got around figuring out what Chivalry is...and I want it now. However, if it's going to be $10 soon I might as well wait.

I would be highly interdasted in that!

#4042 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Take a look at this thread, and you'll see issues on almost every page. GMG also had to shut down in a few countries for over six months due to "security issues" (their words), but they seem to have closed those holes. They've shown some remarkable improvement recently, though: is this the first time the thread has had two pages back-to-back with no-one reporting issues? :applause:

No, you can actually ask the GMG staff and they'll tell you about their fraud problems and security issues. Thanks for trying to help, though, it's appreciated. :)

Penguin Jim is that you?

I get most of my GMG information from this thread. o_O Do you think the CAGs are making it up? Personally, I've only had two problems with GMG in the years I've been using them. But I don't find it necessary to lie about issues any store has.

#4043 gigaislam

gigaislam

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

[quote name='PenguinJim']and you'll see issues on almost every page. GMG also had to shut down in a few countries for over six months due to "security issues" (their words), but they seem to have closed those holes. They've shown some remarkable improvement recently, though: is this the first time the thread has had two pages back-to-back with no-one reporting issues?

thanks a lot for your reply I am outside the USA and i usually buy games using visa electron or by using my google wallet checkout , I was trying to buy footballmanager 2013 by using the 25% off voucher code from greenmangaming but now i have to be careful :)

#4044 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Ah, the infamous 'security issues!'

#4045 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

25% off most games with voucher code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6
Expires Friday, December 14, 7am EST

35% off voucher, good for future purchase, when pre-ordering select games, full list of eligible games

Daily(ish) Deal
Upcoming Daily Deals
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $5.62 (NOT STEAM)
Ravaged $1.87 (Steamworks)
LEGO Lord of the Rings $21 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG30-KDJQC-BWQCE
Doom 3 BFG Edition $18 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG40-9X5OP-PBQA8

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#4046 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Lego Batman 2 would have been awesome at that price.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4047 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thank you to all who answered my question about your experience with GMG. I'd quote you all tho thank you each, but there were like a half dozen of you who replied, and that would take up half the page. In any event, Thanks.

As for me, my only real problem has been with the checkout countdown. I have on occasion noticed that the site can get pretty slow at times. But I haven't used GMG enough for that to be truly frustrating. And thankfully I've never experienced problems with payment denials or security issues.

57j.gif

#4048 Lord_Ashour

Lord_Ashour

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Yea they do, I used the 30% off code on a pre-order and got the 35% off voucher in "My Keys". If yours is not there, I would contact their customer support.

Thanks. I will contact them
Posted Image

#4049 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Bought Tomb Raider for $29.25 (after taking the short survey, which provided a 35% code).

So apparently I will soon be getting a promo code for 35% off something else which I have 21 days to spend...

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#4050 rslater

rslater

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

35% code WINTR-SRVEY-42012

Code works for all regardless of whether you take the survey or not - here's a link for anyone who's interested in taking it. It's fairly brief.

Edited by rslater, 09 December 2012 - 12:51 AM.