Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: New 25% off coupon + Free Games with select pre-orders

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11751 replies to this topic

#4051 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Bought Tomb Raider for $29.25 (after taking the short survey, which provided a 35% code).

So apparently I will soon be getting a promo code for 35% off something else which I have 21 days to spend...

I'm really tempted to do the same thing, Tomb Raider looks really good. Just not sure what I'd use the next voucher on.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#4052 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Took that survey and got the code... anyone knows if it stacks with the 25% code?

#4053 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Took that survey and got the code... anyone knows if it stacks with the 25% code?

It won't stack with any other code. I tried.

It will stack on top of sales but you won't be able to use more than one voucher code at a time for a single item.

#4054 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Got the Borderlands 2 Season Pass for $19.50 with that code. Thanks.

#4055 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

It won't stack with any other code. I tried.

It will stack on top of sales but you won't be able to use more than one voucher code at a time for a single item.

Oh well... was worth a try. Thanks for responding.

#4056 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Got the Borderlands 2 Season Pass for $19.50 with that code. Thanks.

I'm very tempted to do the same. It's just with the upcoming holiday sales...I just don't know if I should.

#4057 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Am I the only one seeing F.E.A.R. 3 (Steamworks) at $4.99? It's been that price before, but if code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 works on it, I think $3.75 would be the cheapest yet?

#4058 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

...or use WINTR-SRVEY-42012 and it's $3.25
Posted Image

#4059 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Am I the only one seeing F.E.A.R. 3 (Steamworks) at $4.99? It's been that price before, but if code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 works on it, I think $3.75 would be the cheapest yet?

It's according to how you divvy up the pricing, but Amazon's F.E.A.R Bundle is typically $9.99 when it goes on sale and that includes Extraction point and Perseus Mandate. So, 3 or 5 games according to how you look at it. Still, $3.25/$3.75 is a pretty decent deal if all you're looking for is that one.

#4060 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Gamersgate had a bundle of all 3 F.E.A.R. games for $7.50, during the Halloween sale.

#4061 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

...or use WINTR-SRVEY-42012 and it's $3.25

It's a one time use code though and good all month. Up to you if saving the extra fifty cents is worth it. I'm waiting to see what hits the Christmas sales.

#4062 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

It's a one time use code though and good all month. Up to you if saving the extra fifty cents is worth it. I'm waiting to see what hits the Christmas sales.

Oh. Whoops.... :/
Posted Image

#4063 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

25% off most games with voucher code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6
Expires Friday, December 14, 7am EST

35% off voucher, good for future purchase, when pre-ordering select games, full list of eligible games

Daily(ish) Deal
Upcoming Daily Deals
F.E.A.R. 3 $4 (Steamworks)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown $35 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG30-0LKXU-EPF98
Football Manager 2013 $26 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG35-0VJBL-WKQEA

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#4064 chopsticks

chopsticks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

thanks OP, but i think ill hold off on XCOM. someone at SD posted that it will be $20 tomorrow.

#4065 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

The 25% off voucher will work on a preorder for the Dishonored DLC which I am hungry for.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4066 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Well I've been trying for over an hour(across two days) to checkout and can't get it to work. I'm getting this error every single time:

"Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue."

First of all, the UK spelling of authorized gives my post red squiggles, and it's annoying. :P More importantly I've tried everything I can think of, including using Paypal funds directly(so it's not any bank issue), and it's still failing on the final purchase screen.

I've purchased through them no less than 2 times before, with these same accounts and settings... Once that was only about 2 months back... so what's wrong?

Edited by TheGuardianWolf, 10 December 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#4067 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

is this the lowest we've seen Guild Wars?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#4068 diphu

diphu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Well I've been trying for over an hour(across two days) to checkout and can't get it to work. I'm getting this error every single time:

"Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue."

First of all, they misspelled authorized... just throwing that out there. More importantly I've tried everything I can think of, including using paypal funds directly(so it's not any bank issue), and it's still failing on the final purchase screen.

I've purchased through them no less than 2 times before, with these same accounts and settings... Once that was only about 2 months back... so what's wrong?

Exact same here, I've also purchased in the past from them. I recall reading somewhere that this has happened to others at various times as well. Ohh well, I didn't really *need* anymore games as I have a backlog of several hundred...

#4069 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

They didn't misspell 'authorised' that's the English spelling -- and a perfectly legitimate one.

#4070 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Exact same here, I've also purchased in the past from them. I recall reading somewhere that this has happened to others at various times as well. Ohh well, I didn't really *need* anymore games as I have a backlog of several hundred...

I'd take GMG's statement at face value. (gasp)

As always, complain to your bank. I've worked on semi-major sites that require payment backends and there's no end to the nonsense that can happen even with perfectly valid details. Random blocks are fairly common. As for the banks, their code is even worse frequently relying on a random mashup of half a dozen languages coded years apart.

Hell, my bank decided to flag a linode payment that I've been making for two years non-stop as fraud while letting a 1.2k laptop order from a company I've never done business with before pass without batting an eye. It's a mess.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#4071 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

They didn't misspell 'authorised' that's the English spelling -- and a perfectly legitimate one.

Exactly. Authorised is no more of a misspelling than colour, mum, centre, dialogue, or programme.

#4072 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'd take GMG's statement at face value. (gasp)

As always, complain to your bank...

I'm trying to use funds from my paypal account, with no luck. There's no other bank involved here, and paypal has worked fine in the past, and is probably working fine for others.

#4073 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

25% off most games with voucher code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6
Expires Friday, December 14, 7am EST

35% off voucher, good for future purchase, when pre-ordering select games, full list of eligible games

Daily(ish) Deal
Upcoming Daily Deals
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $36 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG40-4DIJU-TT4PB
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition $28 (NOT Steamworks but you get a Steam key from GMG) with voucher code GMG30-06DO3-LTVV9
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare $9.37 (Steamworks)
Dead Island GOTY $4.95 (Steamworks)

I'm trying to use funds from my paypal account, with no luck. There's no other bank involved here, and paypal has worked fine in the past, and is probably working fine for others.

You should file a support ticket with GMG, they are the only ones that can give you the answers you are looking for.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#4074 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hmm, Dead Island + all the DLC is finally at the $5 threshold I set so I'll probably grab it.

#4075 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Paypal does the same thing, it's a bank in everything but regulation.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#4076 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Any idea on how long the chivalry deal will last or at least when it should kick over to being regularly priced again?

#4077 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Any idea on how long the chivalry deal will last or at least when it should kick over to being regularly priced again?

7 EST Tuesday morning; will be on sale again Thursday theoretically.

#4078 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Exactly. Authorised is no more of a misspelling than colour, mum, centre, dialogue, or programme.

Man, just look at all those misspelled words! How are you even allowed to post on the internet! ;)

My favorite, though, is theatre. *sigh* I still feel compelled to apologize to my junior high teacher whenever I see her for what happened during that fateful spelling bee back in the day. None of my actions were justified: yelling/throwing things/setting the school on fire, etc.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#4079 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

I was always partial to arse myself.

#4080 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

I was always partial to arse myself.

Decent short guide to British slang.

Arse - This is a word that doesn't seem to exist in America. It basically means the same as ass, but is much ruder. It is used in phrases like "pain in the arse" (a nuisance) or I "can't be arsed" (I can't be bothered) or you might hear something was "a half arsed attempt" meaning that it was not done properly.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.