Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: New 25% off coupon + Free Games with select pre-orders

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11749 replies to this topic

#1351 JamesGMG

JamesGMG

Green Man Gaming Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Skyrim for 50% off? You're kidding me, right?

Nope! And we ran out of the copies in a crazily short time, even with the hammering our server took!

I think for that second round we sold them all within about 2 hours - it was crazy!

-James

#1352 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

Nope! And we ran out of the copies in a crazily short time, even with the hammering our server took!

I think for that second round we sold them all within about 2 hours - it was crazy!

-James

Wow that really depresses me... Sucks for people who sleep during those hours. =/

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1353 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Wow that really depresses me... Sucks for people who sleep during those hours. =/

Yeah I don't think I'm going to make any of their flash sales if they keep posting them at those times. I'm in the west coast US so GMT -8. If they're posting things in the morning their time I will never catch those sales since I'll almost always be asleep.

Ah well. I'll probably just grab it on the Steam summer sale or something. I'm patient. And cheap. :-P

#1354 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

-James

Any chance you guys are going to run the same deal soon?

#1355 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Space Marine will be $12.49 starting at Midnight EST tonight and running until Midnight PST tomorrow (3am EST). Fantastic game, especially at that price.

They also mentioned they are having this run until Midnight PST so West Coast people have a full day for the deal so good on them.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1356 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

Yeah I don't think I'm going to make any of their flash sales if they keep posting them at those times. I'm in the west coast US so GMT -8. If they're posting things in the morning their time I will never catch those sales since I'll almost always be asleep.

Ah well. I'll probably just grab it on the Steam summer sale or something. I'm patient. And cheap. :-P

Same here lol... Just some more GMG love exclusion for US customers, West Coast anyway. =/

#1357 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Space Marine well worth it for 12.49.

#1358 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

Any sort of region restrictions on the Space Marine key from GMG?
USA gamer here, BTW.

#1359 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

I've never had an issue buying from Green Man Gaming and playing here in the U.S.

#1360 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

In for one!

shoopbadoop.png

#1361 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Any sort of region restrictions on the Space Marine key from GMG?
USA gamer here, BTW.

I can say for sure the key works in the US.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#1362 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Getting this back onto the first page since the deal is live.

#1363 JamesGMG

JamesGMG

Green Man Gaming Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hey guys - the deal is essentially FOR the US, being Groundhog day (which for me is really just "Thursday" :P )

So US customers shouldn't have any problems whatsoever - and if you do you can always submit a ticket or post a message here and I'll see it :P

-James

#1364 Okatha

Okatha

Not a bumblebee.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Wow, you guys aren't kidding about the e-mail address for Paypal needing to match. Same characters but slightly different capitalization flags it too. Wow.

Anyway, got that ironed out. Thanks for Space Marine!

#1365 bugeeker

bugeeker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'm in for Space Marine! Woot! Thanks for posting. I was grumping because I missed the last time it was on sale. Looking forward to hacking up some orks.

#1366 talon2099

talon2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Tried to get in on Space Marine and it was the biggest mistake of my week. First they decline PayPal because it's not verified. I've had that account since 2002 and it's confirmed but not verified because there's no way in hell I am giving PayPal my banking info. So that's useless.

Then I make the mistake of trying to use my Mastercard instead. Not only is the transaction denied but I get a call from my bank's security dept informing me that they've frozen my card for "suspicious activity." Suspicious activity? I dunno WTF GMG is doing but I've used that card to import games from the UK and Hong Kong without any other problems whatsoever. So yeah, I don't care how good their deals are, I'm never going to make the mistake of trying to give them money again.

Edited by talon2099, 02 February 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#1367 adawg555

adawg555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hey JamesGMG, I am having a problem paying with PayPal. The site says that my GMG email address doesn't match my PayPal email addy, but both of them match perfectly. It's the only way I can pay and I really want to get Space Marines. Any help?
Posted Image

#1368 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Then I make the mistake of trying to use my Mastercard instead. Not only is the transaction denied but I get a call from my bank's security dept informing me that they've frozen my card for "suspicious activity." Suspicious activity? I dunno WTF GMG is doing but I've used that card to import games from the UK and Hong Kong without any other problems whatsoever. So yeah, I don't care how good their deals are, I'm never going to make the mistake of trying to give them money again.

You do realize that it's your bank who's declining the charge and not GMG, right?

#1369 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hey JamesGMG, I am having a problem paying with PayPal. The site says that my GMG email address doesn't match my PayPal email addy, but both of them match perfectly. It's the only way I can pay and I really want to get Space Marines. Any help?

Wow, you guys aren't kidding about the e-mail address for Paypal needing to match. Same characters but slightly different capitalization flags it too. Wow.

Anyway, got that ironed out. Thanks for Space Marine!

Make sure they match completely, down to the capitalization.

#1370 adawg555

adawg555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Make sure they match completely, down to the capitalization.

They do match down to the capitalization. I checked and rechecked 4 or 5 times.
Posted Image

#1371 talon2099

talon2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

You do realize that it's your bank who's declining the charge and not GMG, right?

Of course I realize that. The question is WTF is GMG doing that is causing my bank to decline the card when that's not happened with any other UK retailer I've ever used.

#1372 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Of course I realize that. The question is WTF is GMG doing that is causing my bank to decline the card when that's not happened with any other UK retailer I've ever used.

You could always ask your bank since they're the ones doing it

#1373 adawg555

adawg555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

It finally went through! Thanks for the deal.
Posted Image

#1374 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

You could always ask your bank since they're the ones doing it

But please, it's easier to blame the people who want to take your money rather then the bank that wants to steal it.

#1375 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Humm.. Maybe you misunderstood. It's not GMG that's doing anything, it's your bank who's declining the charge. You'd have to ask them why they declined it, only they know the answer to that question.

I've had my CC declined because I was in another state due to some sort of security precaution my bank had setup. A quick call sorted that out. I'd suggest you do the same..

#1376 talon2099

talon2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

But please, it's easier to blame the people who want to take your money rather then the bank that wants to steal it.

Wow, lotta GMG fanboys up in this thread. I'm happy with my bank, thanks, only reason I'm blaming GMG is because they tripped my bank's fraud detection and clearly I'm not the only one from reading this thread. Whatever, there's too many other places to buy games to deal with this nonsense.

#1377 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Wow, lotta GMG fanboys up in this thread. I'm happy with my bank, thanks, only reason I'm blaming GMG is because they tripped my bank's fraud detection and clearly I'm not the only one from reading this thread. Whatever, there's too many other places to buy games to deal with this nonsense.

I like my bank because they actually know when a company is fraudulent. Its not that we are fan boys we......its not GMG's issue..its yours and your banks. A simple phone call will tell you what the reason is and I would almost bet it had nothing to do with GMG.

#1378 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, this has happened to a lot of us but GMG is on the level from my experience. I had a hold put on my bank account too when I first used GMG. I called the bank and told them it was ok and to allow GMG from now on. Haven't had an issue since. I know it's a hassle to call your bank but based on the past deals GMG has had, I think it will be worth it going forward.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1379 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

lol, yeah we're all GMG fanboys because your bank is declining a charge "NOT GMG" and we're simply trying to point that out to you and offer a way around it. Cards don't just get declined out of the blue or because a charge is coming from a specific vendor. Fraud detection systems are highly complex and factor in many different variables. To go into the specifics would be a waste of time since every system is different.

Here's my suggestion. 1: Contact your bank. 2: Find out why the charge was declined 3: Give them the go ahead to either pass that charge through or allow another charge. Problem solved..

#1380 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

k bye =]