Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: New 25% off coupon + Free Games with select pre-orders

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11662 replies to this topic

#121 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Today's deal is Bioshock for $4.49. This game goes on sale on Steam for around $5 a lot so kinda meh.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#122 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

so this is what flagged my card on fraud detection.
They cut my debit card and are sending me a new one so i'm stuck using checks til the new one comes in.
no online purchases for a bit, :(
At least it didn't cut out before i got some cheap strategy guides from Best Buy :D

#123 Datajack

Datajack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

Today's deal is Bioshock for $4.49. This game goes on sale on Steam for around $5 a lot so kinda meh.

I wonder, got a copy of that when it first came out on PC disc, is it something you can just "add" to your Steam game library for future download use?

#124 bigloser

bigloser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

I wonder, got a copy of that when it first came out on PC disc, is it something you can just "add" to your Steam game library for future download use?

Only if it's on this list.

https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

#125 yukonrye

yukonrye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

so this is what flagged my card on fraud detection.
They cut my debit card and are sending me a new one so i'm stuck using checks til the new one comes in.
no online purchases for a bit, :(
At least it didn't cut out before i got some cheap strategy guides from Best Buy :D

My card was denied and frozen as well when I tried to purchase Civ V. I guess my bank doesn't trust foreign transactions.

#126 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

It should probably be added to OP that this is a foreign transaction and will freeze everyone's cards.

Mine charged 88 cents as a transaction fee as well.

#127 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

It should probably be added to OP that this is a foreign transaction and will freeze everyone's cards.

I've bought games from GOG (which is a foreign transaction) and never had my card freeze or get a transaction fee. Not everyone has a credit card with these problems.

#128 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

Save 10$ or have my card frozen. Choices. Too bad Paypal doesn't work. Looks like I'll just spend the extra 10$.

#129 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

It says in the OP that they are located in the UK and it also says that if this is a foreign transaction your financial institution may charge you a currency conversion fee.

As mogamer noted, this is not a problem for all cards/financial institutions as several people (myself included) have been able to make purchases with no issues.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#130 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

I have a Paypal Mastercard and the transaction went through without a problem. Sorry to hear though some people having troubles.

#131 yukonrye

yukonrye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

It wasn't a big deal to get my card unfrozen. I just had to call my bank to verify the attempted charge. I used Paypal to pay for the game and it wasn't a problem.

I discovered the problem when I tried to get some food at a a drive-thru. The guy just gave me the food for free so I wouldn't hold up the line.

Civ V for $12.00 and free lunch, YMMV.

#132 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

I ordered magika and DLC for it a couple months ago from this site and had no issues with card freezing or transaction fees. I guess my bank doesn't care about me :(

#133 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

Citi gave me a call about 10 minutes after the transaction. They asked my name, phone number, and a security question. Then asked if I authorized the charge. I said yes, and they said thank you, they'll continue with the charge and will unfreeze my account immediately.

I actually appreciated the quick but thorough level of security on their part.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#134 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

I must be one of the lucky ones. I didn't have any issues with my bank at all. They did call me to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent charge, and I had to verify my identify via an extra step with my bank before completing the purchase, but no extra charges or credit card freezing.

#135 Taboner

Taboner

Let's Go Rangers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:28 AM

Civ V is so fucking fun. Never played any of the previous games and I love it.

#136 Datajack

Datajack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

Only if it's on this list.

https://support.stea...=7480-wusf-3601

Thanks, much appreciated. Pretty handy list. Bought the Civ 5 from sale so first time dealings with Steam, working it all out.

#137 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Today's deal is Bioshock 2 for $5.98.

#138 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

I'm seeing Bioshock 2 for 5.98 British Pounds, not US Dollars.

#139 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

so i finally played Civilization 5 for a little over a hour last night (picked it up for $11.00 on sale), and I am really enjoying it. It is a really fun game and improves 4 really well...

#140 beeman07

beeman07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'm seeing Bioshock 2 for 5.98 British Pounds, not US Dollars.

GMG's site is a bit wonky with currency. If you log in to their site, it should display things correctly (if not, open a ticket with support and they will fix it).

I can confirm that the price for Bioshock 2 is $5.98 USD. See: Weekend Deals

#141 kjs7

kjs7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

Code in OP is officially dead.

76561197994095328.png

#142 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

my bank cut off my card due to "suspicious activity" though they cut off my card before calling me or letting me know in any way.
They eventually called later that day and i did confirm that i made that purchase on a foreign website but by then they had already "burned" my card so i have to wait a week to get a new one

#143 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

Sorry for the late update, pulled the code and added some miscellaneous sales they are having this week and a few select preorders, mostly shit so far. I am super busy today but tonight I will try to update the OP with a comprehensive list of deals and discounted preorders.

#144 kjs7

kjs7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

meh, now theres really no reason not to just order Deus Ex directly from Steam, especially with the risk you run when you pay with a card on GMG

76561197994095328.png

#145 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:29 AM

Any opinions on Gothic 3 Gold?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#146 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

OP is updated with all of the current sales and most of them have a % off associated with them to help you decide if it is a good deal or not. I also added all preorders that currently on sale. I will work on formatting and adding in preorder discount percentages tomorrow.

Note that today's deal is mainly Elements of War for $10.18 (66% off), the other games overlap with the Jowood sale.

#147 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Updated the OP with the weekend deal which is the Total War series for 50% off. This includes Total War: Shogun 2 for $24.97 which is also Steam registrable.

#148 helixfc3s

helixfc3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

Anyone know if the Sega Mega Drive Classics register on Steam if you buy them on GMG?

#149 didamangi

didamangi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

Anyone know if the Sega Mega Drive Classics register on Steam if you buy them on GMG?

Nope, it's the drm free version. Usually on GMG if a game can be registered on steam, it will say so on the game's store page.
Click the picture below to see my steam profile.

76561197971158734.png

#150 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

Looks like Total War series will be on sale all weekend (instead of through today) fyi.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming