Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: New 25% off coupon + Free Games with select pre-orders

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

• Please log in to reply
11781 replies to this topic

#2851 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

I'm sure the Steam Thread CAG's already know this, but I just grabbed Metro 2033, making it my first official purchase on GMG. (I also got Greed while it was free, but never downloaded the Capsule client.)

I have to say, GMG has had some nice deals in the past, but I've never gone ahead and made an account or purchase. It's actually pretty nice to finally be a full-fledged GMG user.

#2852 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Is the game showing up in your "My Games" section? If so, I would just contact them about your key as an official company rep said everyone should have keys (just not emails) awhile ago.

No, it doesn't show up anywhere on my account. It went through the payment and order processing but it then went back to the main page. If I didn't have a pending charge, I would have just assumed it failed...

#2853 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

No, it doesn't show up anywhere on my account. It went through the payment and order processing but it then went back to the main page. If I didn't have a pending charge, I would have just assumed it failed...

I would probably put in another order to make sure you get the deal and then contact support explaining the situation. That way you should be able to get the game and sort out the issue after.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2854 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

I would probably put in another order to make sure you get the deal and then contact support explaining the situation. That way you should be able to get the game and sort out the issue after.

Well I gave up and placed another order and got a key instantly... Hopefully they just cancel my original order.

Edit: when I activated the code on steam, it said it includes the premier dlc! awesome.

#2855 deletion

deletion

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

with all the comments about BL2 keys, i just checked my account and it's there!!! might as well pick up metro also for 3 bucks. man, if GMG keeps up with the deals, i might consider this my other source for PC games. they've done an excellent job with deals.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#2856 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

I just got the season pass for BL2, did they hand out keys for that already too? Now i am all set to play Borderlands 2 with all my steam friends.

Because i have so many....... SO MANY.

Anyway my only regret is that i didnt take those deals on the BL1 GOTY, would of loved to have those extras on PC. That and its one of those few games that i can play over and over again.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#2857 rybrad

rybrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

I just got the season pass for BL2, did they hand out keys for that already too? Now i am all set to play Borderlands 2 with all my steam friends.

Because i have so many....... SO MANY.

Anyway my only regret is that i didnt take those deals on the BL1 GOTY, would of loved to have those extras on PC. That and its one of those few games that i can play over and over again.

No keys for the season pass yet, probably after release.

Get a $2 credit for spending $2 and signing up with Green Man Gaming using my link

#2858 fusion0fangels

fusion0fangels

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Purchased Borderlands 2 and pre-loading now. Thanks!

#2859 bappt

bappt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Finally ended up using "Bill Me Later" for the main game after all the fucking denied purchases. At least having my end payment being $23.99 after trade ins of a bunch of free games and a $10 bill credit doesn't hurt.

#2860 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:21 AM

I've never bought from green man gaming. How does it work? like do they give me a steam code once the game comes out, when do they charge etc. I'm really tempted on borderlands 2 but I've never used the site so i'm a little skeptic

#2861 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

I've never bought from green man gaming. How does it work? like do they give me a steam code once the game comes out, when do they charge etc. I'm really tempted on borderlands 2 but I've never used the site so i'm a little skeptic

They work like a regular online store. Credit card, Paypal, etc... are accepted. If a game is a "Steamworks" game, they will just give you a key that you activate on Steam. If the game is a pre-order, they'll likely send out codes once Valve puts the game up for pre-load. If the game is already released, they'll give you a code as soon as your order goes through.

In the case of Borderlands 2, you should get a key right when you order as Valve has gone ahead and put up the pre-load already.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2862 sirius389

sirius389

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

It is a pre-purchase, they charge immediately. They have been giving out Borderlands 2 keys for a day or so now. So you might get the steam key right away. I have used them about 8 times now and have never had issues paying with PayPal.
-Nicole

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2863 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

They work like a regular online store. Credit card, Paypal, etc... are accepted. If a game is a "Steamworks" game, they will just give you a key that you activate on Steam. If the game is a pre-order, they'll likely send out codes once Valve puts the game up for pre-load. If the game is already released, they'll give you a code as soon as your order goes through.

In the case of Borderlands 2, you should get a key right when you order as Valve has gone ahead and put up the pre-load already.

ok cool thanks, i'll see if i can buy it tomorrow. It seems like a really good deal.

#2864 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

I've tried three different credit cards from 3 different issuers, one was a debit card and all 3 get declined. All Visa.

Anyone have any idea why???

fs_overall.png

#2865 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

I've tried three different credit cards from 3 different issuers, one was a debit card and all 3 get declined. All Visa.

Anyone have any idea why???

Did you call your credit card company?

#2866 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:13 AM

I have Paypal set up to withdraw from my bank account and purchasing that way from GMG has worked like a charm once I changed my GMG email to match my Paypal one. A lot of people still have trouble with Paypal but I don't know if they've tried using bank account as their source of funding.

#2867 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

I have Paypal set up to withdraw from my bank account and purchasing that way from GMG has worked like a charm once I changed my GMG email to match my Paypal one. A lot of people still have trouble with Paypal but I don't know if they've tried using bank account as their source of funding.

^ Same here! I have never had any problems with GMG and the deals I have seen since I built my rig has made me wish I made the switch to PC gaming sooner.

I was also wondering how people find out about the daily deals on GMG before they are released? I seen people comment on Homefront and Metro the night before and was wondering where they get the info~

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#2868 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

I had problems and after calling my cc company I put in a help ticket to gmg, the order not completed category. I got an email that said gmg reset my account and everything worked after that. The cc said they didn't stop any orders, the problem is on gmg's end.

#2869 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

why did you have to set up your GMG email to match the Paypal one? Did it cause some conflicting problem?

#2870 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

^ Same here! I have never had any problems with GMG and the deals I have seen since I built my rig has made me wish I made the switch to PC gaming sooner.

I was also wondering how people find out about the daily deals on GMG before they are released? I seen people comment on Homefront and Metro the night before and was wondering where they get the info~

The GMG blog will preview the deals for the weekend frequently, especially if they are all from the same publisher. It also will often post the current discount code if one is available.

Example: http://blog.greenman...september-13th/

#2871 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

why did you have to set up your GMG email to match the Paypal one? Did it cause some conflicting problem?

The first time I tried to pay with Paypal, GMG told me that it has to be the same address, or they won't process it. It rejected my purchase attempt and told me that.

#2872 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

The GMG blog will preview the deals for the weekend frequently, especially if they are all from the same publisher. It also will often post the current discount code if one is available.

Example: http://blog.greenman...september-13th/

Sweet^^ Never noticed that earlier on the site. Thanks for the info :)

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#2873 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

already preloaded Borderlands 2 and picked up the season pass for $22.50 thats pretty much as good as buying the dlc individually for almost half off.

all in all I got bl2 and the season pass + preorder bonuses for the cost of just borderlands 2 msrp.

god i hope it doesn't suck like diablo 3 and mass effect 3.
Posted Image

#2874 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Just brought the game for me and my friend and after activating it through Steam, we both got this message "Borderlands 2 and Premiere Club DLC WW". Just wondering if this means we got the Season Pass or if that's the generic name for it?

#2875 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

Just brought the game for me and my friend and after activating it through Steam, we both got this message "Borderlands 2 and Premiere Club DLC WW". Just wondering if this means we got the Season Pass or if that's the generic name for it?

You got the game and the premiere club DLC containing the golden key, mechromancer gold guns. The season pass is something else.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

ach.png

#2876 Ithian

Ithian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

god i hope it doesn't suck like diablo 3 and mass effect 3.

I spent all morning and afternoon watching the live stream from community day and, while I can't say 100%, all reports are that it really outshines the first. From the discussions in the panel, I think these guys care way too much to put out a crap sequel.

Plus the hours of game play they showed off kicked ass. :applause:

#2877 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

I spent all morning and afternoon watching the live stream from community day and, while I can't say 100%, all reports are that it really outshines the first. From the discussions in the panel, I think these guys care way too much to put out a crap sequel.

Plus the hours of game play they showed off kicked ass. :applause:

haha yeah i dont really think it will, personally i think its going to win game of the year in a down year for games.

I think the only real negatives ive heard is about Ash's from HAWP psycho child character is forced and annoying. Which i total buy.

Other than that i can tell from vids the games legit and its not like it wasn't a winning formula that just needed a few tweaks to begin with :)
Posted Image

#2878 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

I think these guys care way too much to put out a crap sequel.

Did you know how i found out that Borderlands 1 was going to be a good game. I knew all the details, saw the art style and the online co op and hell who doesn't like loot. There was this interview that Randy Pitchford did and it really impressed me.

By impressed i mean, totally laughable. He went on for about a half and hour and it sounded and looked like he had zero social skills. That had to mean if he got that far in the industry he and his company had to be 100% great at what they did. Also in that interview you could also see that he was passionate and was super excited for his own game. He kind of sounded like us now expecting borderlands 2.

If nothing else can be said of gearbox, they have heart.

ach.png

#2879 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Did you know how i found out that Borderlands 1 was going to be a good game. I knew all the details, saw the art style and the online co op and hell who doesn't like loot. There was this interview that Randy Pitchford did and it really impressed me.

By impressed i mean, totally laughable. He went on for about a half and hour and it sounded and looked like he had zero social skills. That had to mean if he got that far in the industry he and his company had to be 100% great at what they did. Also in that interview you could also see that he was passionate and was super excited for his own game. He kind of sounded like us now expecting borderlands 2.

If nothing else can be said of gearbox, they have heart.

Said someone who obviously never played Duke Nukem Forever :)

I had to play devils advocate here.
Posted Image

#2880 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

Said someone who obviously never played Duke Nukem Forever :)

I had to play devils advocate here.

Buddy, i played Duke Nukem Forever. Was it fantastic, nope. Did it have its nostalgic stupid moments, yeah. That thing had way to many hands in its pot, all gearbox did was finish it. In a few years they are probably gonna finish Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I respect them for seeing a project through to completion.

ach.png