Lost in Shadow (Wii) $14.99 Newegg.com

Anyone have thoughts on this game? I remember having passing interest in the mechanics but never followed the game much.

You play on the shadow plane of the level so personally I find myself wanting to jump when the platform ends not the shadow. It's odd at first but you get used to it. From what I've played so far it's pretty simple. Kill a few enemies, flip switch, collect orbs, etc. My biggest complaint is the shadow part of the games engine is even lower "res" than the polygons and considering that's the area you focus on most, it can look horrible at times.

It's a pretty good original game (and a great Wii game since there aren't too many of those, IMO). I wish there were more games like it. I'm not sure why they didn't develop this for XBLA or something though. It is a game that needs prettier graphics.

[quote name='rybrad']Anyone have thoughts on this game? I remember having passing interest in the mechanics but never followed the game much.[/QUOTE]

Quick opinion:
It's an interesting game with unique puzzles, but it has pretty much zero replayability.

Longer opinion:
It took me a shade under 20 hours to get 100% in the game, and I was being really thorough in my searches for memories. You could definitely finish the game MUCH faster if you didn't bother getting all of them, though. I can see why people may complain that the environments and enemies/hazards are monotonous - there are a limited number of different enemies/hazards in the game, and the color palette tends to be fairly uniform and washed out in each area. That didn't bother me very much, though, as I found the puzzles to be interesting and entertaining, especially in the way they used light and interaction with the real world. The lonely, desolate feel of the tower was a nice touch, too; people that liked Ico and Shadow of the Colossus would find that very familiar.

The game itself is fairly straightforward, though, and once you finish it, it gives you very little incentive to play it again. (You unlock a couple of different weapons that you can use in subsequent playthroughs, but they don't do anything special. Besides, puzzle-solving is the main focus of the game, not fighting, and the extra weapons don't help you solve things faster.) I enjoyed it for the $15 I paid for it, but I was also able to trade it in for $12 - for $3, this game was definitely worth it. ;)

[quote name='ColossusPrime']is it possible to get it for $5 with the NEWCUSTOMER10 code u get for creating a new account?[/QUOTE]
I think that only works on items over 50 dollars.

Thanks OP - in for one - had my eye on this for a while, even though it hasn't gotten the greatest reviews, but at this price I'll dust off my Wii!

One of the few recent Wii releases that isn't a minigame crapfest. I'd get it if I hadn't snagged one for $22 awhile ago. Didn't expect it to drop that quickly.

I feel like $15 is my point for "games that seem kinda cool that I'll play at some point, but won't feel bad if it takes a while to get to them", like this. Though, it's been on sale @ Newegg like 3 times at this price.

[quote name='mitnosi']I think that only works on items over 50 dollars.[/QUOTE]
thanks fo the info, and $15 is still a good price, in for one.

If you have some patience you can grab this used for about $9 shipped from GoHastings. I went that route since I couldn't pull the trigger on $15+sales tax. I know, used vs new etc etc etc but it was $7ish that went to another game.

bread's done
Back