Army of Two XBOX 360 $4.99

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Gamestop has used army of Two xbox 360 only for $4.99 ($4.49 with PUR).

Is a good rental and still trades for $3 base at BB.

Edited because I was an idiot and looked at PS3 TiV

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I received an e-mail from gamestop this morning advertising the used deal of the week. Apparently, they are doing them again.

Army of Two $4.99 Note: this is instore/online, and as always stacks with PUR.

It's not a great deal, but at least they are doing them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sepatown Tippie Tais']The online servers are shutting down August 11. If you care about achievements there are 10 that will be unobtainable after that date.[/QUOTE]

Just read this last night

[quote name='token2k6']get it before they kill the servers!![/QUOTE]

I thought the whole purpose of a paid Xbox Live subscription was that Microsoft hosted all of the 360 game online components, so you never had to worry about when the publisher decided to shut down the servers.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']I thought the whole purpose of a paid Xbox Live subscription was that Microsoft hosted all of the 360 game online components, so you never had to worry about when the publisher decided to shut down the servers.[/QUOTE]

EA doesn't follow the rules. They told MS that if they weren't allowed to run their own servers, they weren't going to support the 360 at all. (No Madden, Battlefield, etc.)

EA kills servers off to force you into the newest version of whatever game is out. "The servers cost too much to maintain." Really? Sony still has their 1st party PS2 servers up and they work just fine. (Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Socom anyone?)

Don't forget that now you have to have a voucher / $10 to play your EA games online, until they pull them down a couple years later.

You'd THINK that but you forget how retarded EA can be.

That said, Ao2 is good fun. It's rough but enjoyable in SP or co op.

Had issues that the sequel improved (Coop sniping being awful) but the sequel was kinda lousy in comparison.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Gamestop has used army of Two xbox 360 only for $4.99 ($4.49 with PUR).

Is a good rental and still trades for $5 base at BB.[/QUOTE]

It is actually $3 base for 360 $5 for Ps3

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Not a bad deal as it is $5 base trade in at BB. so a decent game for a free rental with a couple bucks and change back when trading in.[/QUOTE]

It's $3 at Best Buy... otherwise I would've capitalized on that.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']It's $3 at Best Buy... otherwise I would've capitalized on that.[/QUOTE]

Correct I was on my phone and just looked at the PS3 TiV. Doh! Changed in original post

Uh why should they maintain servers for a game nobody plays online (until they decide to shut them down) 3 or 4 years after its release? The things you people bitch about seriously.

Its worth $5 even if you can't get the achievements after Aug 11th.

[quote name='mike.m']Uh why should they maintain servers for a game nobody plays online (until they decide to shut them down) 3 or 4 years after its release? The things you people bitch about seriously.[/QUOTE]

Because some people like getting all the achievements in games. Not everyone has your tastes.

I just wanted to mention that everyone (who wants to buy this and go for the online achievements before the servers close) will also need to purchase the DLC as well. Don't thank me, thank EA.

Good game, just finished it last night. Don't read the reviews too seriously, grab a friend and it's a fun co-op experience. Not worth the price of a full game but it's a steal at $5:)

[quote name='mike.m']Uh why should they maintain servers for a game nobody plays online (until they decide to shut them down) 3 or 4 years after its release? The things you people bitch about seriously.

Its worth $5 even if you can't get the achievements after Aug 11th.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point. And 3-4 years? Nope. LotR Conquest was shut down after 14 months. Mercenaries 2 got about a year and a half. If EA didn't insist on controlling which games you can play online you'd still be able to play these games, like you can with 360 titles from other publishers. This isn't about being able to play Madden 06 online, it's about EA's greed.

[quote name='louiedog']You're missing the point. And 3-4 years? Nope. LotR Conquest was shut down after 14 months. Mercenaries 2 got about a year and a half. If EA didn't insist on controlling which games you can play online you'd still be able to play these games, like you can with 360 titles from other publishers. This isn't about being able to play Madden 06 online, it's about EA's greed.[/QUOTE]

We can debate this if you like, but I won't do it in a deal thread. No reason to keep servers up on games nobody plays until they decide to shut them down. They're a business. Servers cost money to maintain and they'd rather use that towards something else if they aren't populated. I have no gas about that.

Of course! I literally bought this game yesterday. Hopefully I still have my reciept and they'll let me get a price change. It's good to know about the servers since the only reason I bought this game was to play online with a friend.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Does anyone know if this game has couch co-op?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does. Its a reasonable distraction from better coop games. I actually liked 40th day better myself.

[quote name='mike.m']Yes it does. Its a reasonable distraction from better coop games. I actually liked 40th day better myself.[/QUOTE]

That one thing I HATED about 40th day is that you cant skip the cut scenes :bomb: When you're fighting the same boss on hard over and over and over having to watch the same cut scene, I seriously wanted to just break the fucking game!

[quote name='Brother Daz']That one thing I HATED about 40th day is that you cant skip the cut scenes :bomb: When you're fighting the same boss on hard over and over and over having to watch the same cut scene, I seriously wanted to just break the fucking game![/QUOTE]

Lol i don't really remember that, but that is damn annoying. I would definitely recommend this series on the cheap

[quote name='emperordahc']EA doesn't follow the rules. They told MS that if they weren't allowed to run their own servers, they weren't going to support the 360 at all. (No Madden, Battlefield, etc.)

EA kills servers off to force you into the newest version of whatever game is out. "The servers cost too much to maintain." Really? Sony still has their 1st party PS2 servers up and they work just fine. (Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Socom anyone?)

Don't forget that now you have to have a voucher / $10 to play your EA games online, until they pull them down a couple years later.[/QUOTE]

Actually this started during the XBox 1 days. That was one of the two concessions MS had to make to get EA on XBox Live. The other was Microsoft would not make competing sports games, which sucks as Microsoft owns the High Heat baseball license from the 3DO firesale.

Eh, for 5 bucks I'll pick it up for me and my co-op buddy. Just have to finish it before the 11th though. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to play Mercenaries 2 online, on either PS3 or 360, one has to have agreed to the TOS in Army of Two's multiplayer. Yes, you read that right. Something is screwed up with Mercs 2's TOS, and in attempting to access the multiplayer component, the game freezes. EA's servers need to see you've agreed to the TOS from a game of the same TOS phrasing as Mercs 2, and Army of Two is the only one left that anyone online is aware of. I have faced this problem personally and this worked for me, and it also worked for a friend whom I lent Army of Two to in order to do this specific thing. Look it up if you are curious, there are many, many forum posts all over the net about the issue.

If you think you'll ever play Mercs 2 online, grab Army of Two, agree to the TOS, and then return the game or keep it BEFORE AUGUST 11th!

[quote name='kingsnuff']hmm...this is coming up $7.99 in store in my area...still thinking of picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Discount will be taken at the register; it will still show the regular price on the website and on the sticker in-store.

[quote name='mike.m']Uh why should they maintain servers for a game nobody plays online (until they decide to shut them down) 3 or 4 years after its release? The things you people bitch about seriously.
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you have nothing to do with the video game industry. I would stay away from whatever company hired you.

[quote name='deggs37']I'm glad you have nothing to do with the video game industry. I would stay away from whatever company hired you.[/QUOTE]

You gonna sleep better at night? I'll make you a promise. Should that ever happen. You'll be the first to know.

[quote name='deggs37']I'm glad you have nothing to do with the video game industry. I would stay away from whatever company hired you.[/QUOTE]

Thread over.

Seriously, if everyone else can get by with keeping their old-ass games online (the only exception I can think of offhand being Chromehounds), then EA of all establishments can certainly afford it. I could possibly, maybe, perhaps understand them yanking the rug out from under their annualized sports games, but one-offs or short-lived franchises shouldn't have to face this fate, I think.

I hate when games give online achievements but take down the servers. At least enable P2P multiplayer as an option when you do that, so that people can still play online later.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Thread over.

Seriously, if everyone else can get by with keeping their old-ass games online (the only exception I can think of offhand being Chromehounds), then EA of all establishments can certainly afford it. I could possibly, maybe, perhaps understand them yanking the rug out from under their annualized sports games, but one-offs or short-lived franchises shouldn't have to face this fate, I think.[/QUOTE]

It is not really very old. I was a 2008 game.

bread's done
Back