Photo
- - - - -

Army of Two XBOX 360 $4.99

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

That one thing I HATED about 40th day is that you cant skip the cut scenes :bomb: When you're fighting the same boss on hard over and over and over having to watch the same cut scene, I seriously wanted to just break the fucking game!

Lol i don't really remember that, but that is damn annoying. I would definitely recommend this series on the cheap

Follow me on Twitter @NefariousMike

#32 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

EA doesn't follow the rules. They told MS that if they weren't allowed to run their own servers, they weren't going to support the 360 at all. (No Madden, Battlefield, etc.)

EA kills servers off to force you into the newest version of whatever game is out. "The servers cost too much to maintain." Really? Sony still has their 1st party PS2 servers up and they work just fine. (Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Socom anyone?)

Don't forget that now you have to have a voucher / $10 to play your EA games online, until they pull them down a couple years later.

Actually this started during the XBox 1 days. That was one of the two concessions MS had to make to get EA on XBox Live. The other was Microsoft would not make competing sports games, which sucks as Microsoft owns the High Heat baseball license from the 3DO firesale.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#33 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Does anyone know if this game has couch co-op?

Or system link?

#34 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Or system link?

I dont know about system link, but like others have posted it does have couch co-op

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Titanfall  :360: Batman: Arkham Origins   :ps3: Ni No Kuni    :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (FC-0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#35 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Eh, for 5 bucks I'll pick it up for me and my co-op buddy. Just have to finish it before the 11th though. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

#36 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

For $5, why not! ;) Thanks!
Posted Image

#37 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to play Mercenaries 2 online, on either PS3 or 360, one has to have agreed to the TOS in Army of Two's multiplayer. Yes, you read that right. Something is screwed up with Mercs 2's TOS, and in attempting to access the multiplayer component, the game freezes. EA's servers need to see you've agreed to the TOS from a game of the same TOS phrasing as Mercs 2, and Army of Two is the only one left that anyone online is aware of. I have faced this problem personally and this worked for me, and it also worked for a friend whom I lent Army of Two to in order to do this specific thing. Look it up if you are curious, there are many, many forum posts all over the net about the issue.

If you think you'll ever play Mercs 2 online, grab Army of Two, agree to the TOS, and then return the game or keep it BEFORE AUGUST 11th!

#38 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

I am going to pick it up to just play through co-op with the wife.
Posted Image

#39 kingsnuff

kingsnuff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

hmm...this is coming up $7.99 in store in my area...still thinking of picking it up.
Posted Image
Have: :ps3: Batman: AC Catwoman DLC :360: Rage Anarchy Edition DLC :ps3: Uncharted 3 Online Pass :360: Dead Island Ripper DLC
Want: :ps3: PSN Credit :360: MS Points all offers considered! :hot:
Latest Buys: :ps3: King of Fighters 12 :ps3: Skyrim CE :360: Front Mission Evolved
Preorders: :ps3: Twisted Metal :ps3: RE: ORC SE :360: Mass Effect 3 CE :ps3: DMC HD Collection :ps3: ZOE HD Collection :ps3: FF XIII-2 CE

#40 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

hmm...this is coming up $7.99 in store in my area...still thinking of picking it up.

Discount will be taken at the register; it will still show the regular price on the website and on the sticker in-store.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#41 deggs37

deggs37

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Uh why should they maintain servers for a game nobody plays online (until they decide to shut them down) 3 or 4 years after its release? The things you people bitch about seriously.

I'm glad you have nothing to do with the video game industry. I would stay away from whatever company hired you.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

Why hasn''t the DLC been marcked as free since they are shutting down the servers.

#43 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

This is a good deal. I enjoyed this one much more than the second one...

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#44 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'm glad you have nothing to do with the video game industry. I would stay away from whatever company hired you.

You gonna sleep better at night? I'll make you a promise. Should that ever happen. You'll be the first to know.

Follow me on Twitter @NefariousMike

#45 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

Thread over.

Seriously, if everyone else can get by with keeping their old-ass games online (the only exception I can think of offhand being Chromehounds), then EA of all establishments can certainly afford it. I could possibly, maybe, perhaps understand them yanking the rug out from under their annualized sports games, but one-offs or short-lived franchises shouldn't have to face this fate, I think.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#46 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

anyone want to play online multiplayer and try to get some of those achievements before the servers go down?

#47 hk1200

hk1200

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

I hate when games give online achievements but take down the servers. At least enable P2P multiplayer as an option when you do that, so that people can still play online later.

#48 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

Thread over.

Seriously, if everyone else can get by with keeping their old-ass games online (the only exception I can think of offhand being Chromehounds), then EA of all establishments can certainly afford it. I could possibly, maybe, perhaps understand them yanking the rug out from under their annualized sports games, but one-offs or short-lived franchises shouldn't have to face this fate, I think.

It is not really very old. I was a 2008 game.