EB Games - Dead or Alive Ultimate 19.99 w/ bonus

EB has some decent prices recently..i caved on the .99 PC games so i can use the on my laptop on the road.

If the price drops keep coming i see them getting even more of my money :whistle2:(

Damn you ebgames! You took $50 from me last night on Neo Contra, Sonic Advance, Monopoly tycoon, atari anniversary, operation c, cell damage, and quantum redshift. Now you are going to sap the rest of my money ahhhhhhh!

I think what he means is being assured he'd get a brand new and sealed copy. EB is rather infamous for selling fingerprinted display copies at 'new' prices.

I bought one and I do not even like DOA. I figured for this price I can play it and trade it in at the local gamestore up the street for around what I paid for it.

Thanks OP

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I think what he means is being assured he'd get a brand new and sealed copy. EB is rather infamous for selling fingerprinted display copies at 'new' prices.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I need somebody to talk me out of buying this. I don't have live and I already have DOA2 for the DC. Is this really worth it?

[quote name='dcfox']I need somebody to talk me out of buying this. I don't have live and I already have DOA2 for the DC. Is this really worth it?[/QUOTE]

Easily worth the MSRP.

Well I'm in. I already have DOA3 and figgered at this price why not try the 1st 2 as well. I haven't gone to XB Live yet though this may force me to try it out.

[quote name='borg20001']Well I'm in. I already have DOA3 and figgered at this price why not try the 1st 2 as well. I haven't gone to XB Live yet though this may force me to try it out.[/QUOTE]

DO IT! this game rules on xbox live!

I don't think my local EB B&M store is honoring the $19.99 price, is there a way to transfer the credit from the EDGE card to an "online-ready" gift card? My current gift card can't be used online, and my other one is depleted. yes, I know that the gift card gets taxed.. thanks. I am guessing buying an item, and returning it right after is the way?

[quote name='dcfox']I need somebody to talk me out of buying this. I don't have live and I already have DOA2 for the DC. Is this really worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's like comparing a piece of shit on the ground to a wad of cash. DOA2 Ultimate is a completely different, and far better game than DOA2. It's a night-and-day difference. The difference is equal (if not more) than the difference between DOA1 and DOA2, so they really should have just marketed it as DOA4.

After playing DOA2 Ultimate for a couple months, I put DOA2 in my Dreamcast and I was blown away by the laughably bad graphics, lack of features, lack of costumes, lack of characters, bad controls, and it was just... no fun..

I'm sure you get my point by now but really, it's like saying "I got a PS1, why would I need a PS2?" ...

Btw, it's worth it for offline alone.

After going to the local EB games, which took about an hour, to refill my gift card, I finally come back, and much to my irony, the Breakdown (new) and the DOA: Ultimate deal is gone now.. I was stalking Breakdown ever since it was new for a week, waiting for it to pair up with a pre-played game, and some good deal on a new game, to get free SAVER shipping. The games dissapeared in my cart when I refreshed the window after I just got back home.

What gives? I don't see it new for $20 all I see is used for $40 and I checked last night too and it wasn't there either. Was it only on for a brief time this morning?

Will B&M EB Games still honor the $19.99 online price for Dead or Alive: Ultimate? Hmm, can I get Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball for $19.99, if available at B&M stores?...:whistle2:k

No. If you don't have LIVE, this has little offer you in the way of newness (slightly better graphics, outfits, and stages, but very few gameplay changes). Ask yourself: "How much do I play DOA2 on the DC?"

If the answer is: "Not much", then don't expect this to lure you in.

Well it's back in stock, and the page for it still says 19.99, but when you put it in your cart and try to checkout it says 34.99. What gives?

I called the stores and it's still $34.99.
So I guess you better snatch it up online.

Are there any shipping deals and coupons? (I doubt it though, for a new game)

i'd be kinda wary about them having it "in stock" again after they took it out yesterday. They probably are going to just sell the old ones as new, maybe trying to get rid of that game.

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']i'd be kinda wary about them having it "in stock" again after they took it out yesterday. They probably are going to just sell the old ones as new, maybe trying to get rid of that game.[/QUOTE]

EBGames.com does this all the time, with almost every low-price new game on their site. I may have received a used game marked as new once or twice, and I've probably ordered 30+ new games that change price like that.

If you want it, order it. If it shows up and it's used, take it back to the store. Not too difficult.

I bought it a few minutes ago and there were still 40 in stock.
There are no coupons for free shipping on a new game. Add a $1.99 or $0.99 used game to your cart and use saver.

Seems to still be available....not sure if I want it or not. Curious what the GameRush trade in value is. I'll wait...a bit short on cash this week anyways.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'd jump in on this if I was guaranteed a brand new copy.[/QUOTE]

That was the reason why I didn't order Dead or Alive: Ultimate. I rather wait for a price drop at Best Buy or Circuit City, at least the game is guaranteed to be brand new factory sealed...

[quote name='SEGA128DC']That was the reason why I didn't order Dead or Alive: Ultimate. I rather wait for a price drop at Best Buy or Circuit City, at least the game is guaranteed to be brand new factory sealed...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The only orders I've placed from EB consists of pre-orders so I'm ensured it's a brand new copy. Though allowing for in-store returns helps these situations. I just don't want to hassle with store employees about what's new and "new" if I do end up getting one.

Got a gift certificate there that would do nicely. Wish I could spend it.

Every new game I ever ordered from EB has been factory sealed. I thought there was a class-action about re-sealing games a long time ago? I thought everything was resolved.

The last time I ordered from EBgames.com was April of 2004. I ordered a brand new copy of Sega GT 2002 for $9.99, when I received the game there were scratches all over the shrinkwrap! The official Microsoft sticker-seal was missing from the side of the game case too, Sega GT 2002 was clearly re-sealed! I complained to EBgames.com, and returned the game for another copy. Well, that other copy I received didn't have any scratches, but was still missing the official Microsoft sticker-seal! So, I never ordered from them again...

I've never had a problem at all with ordering things from EB, although sometimes the used games look a bit beat up. If anything I ordered new came looking like that I'd be taking it into a local EB to return in a heartbeat.

[quote name='CaptPete']I've never had a problem at all with ordering things from EB, although sometimes the used games look a bit beat up. If anything I ordered new came looking like that I'd be taking it into a local EB to return in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

I just don't want the hassle of returning games...

bread's done
Back