Photo
- - - - -

EB Games - Dead or Alive Ultimate 19.99 w/ bonus

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#91 vherub

vherub

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:51 AM

it would be tough for this one to be resealed, considering the inner seals for both discs. considerably more work than just running through a sealer, i wouldnt be terribly surprised if there was any resealing nonsense, but my copy was new

#92 CaptPete

CaptPete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:04 AM

Mine was brand new, as were all the other games that I've ordered from them new off the web site.

The only strange one that I've bought lately was a Metal Gear ACID from the local store. I could have sworn that it was sealed in cellophane, but maybe it was re-sealed, since the insert is actually torn. I sure didn't do it.

#93 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:47 AM

Re: question of whether this is worth it --- if you have DOA3 and don't care much for online play, then it's def. not worth it. The online play is okay, but the game pretty much plays exactly the same as DOA3 -- and there are a few things (b/c this is DOA2) that are missing and actually make this game's controls feel primitive compared to DOA3. Now, arguably, the graphics are great and all (and yes, there are costumes), but the CG is not nearly as good and well, you know DOA has no real single player storyline...

#94 bugg33

bugg33

enjoying my sauna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

Mine was brand new, as were all the other games that I've ordered from them new off the web site.

The only strange one that I've bought lately was a Metal Gear ACID from the local store. I could have sworn that it was sealed in cellophane, but maybe it was re-sealed, since the insert is actually torn. I sure didn't do it.

thats weird.. my Metal Gear ACID insert is torn too, at the top were it says "PSP" on the front of the package. I'm going to buy another at EB and return the torn one.

#95 chrishicks

chrishicks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

I got mine but haven't had a chance to open it yet. can someone tell me if the bonus cards in the game case itself?

#96 CaptPete

CaptPete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:37 PM

thats weird.. my Metal Gear ACID insert is torn too, at the top were it says "PSP" on the front of the package. I'm going to buy another at EB and return the torn one.

That's exactly where mine is torn, right in the middle of the PSP logo on the front. That's just bizzare.

I got mine but haven't had a chance to open it yet. can someone tell me if the bonus cards in the game case itself?

Mine were in one of the game cases, although I don't remember which one it was. Not real exciting once all is said and done though, since they're not even printed on good, glossy cardstock. =(

#97 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:49 PM

I need to get this. My friend rented the game, and I liked it. I actually almost got it when I got my Xbox during the TRU B1G1 sale last fall, but I got Mortal Kombat: Deception instead. Bad decision.

Hell, if I could get 2 copies, I could play one and trade in another for more than I paid for it, which would really help with paying for WrestleMania 21. Buying 2 copies doesn't classify as "hoarding" does it? Heh.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#98 DX

DX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 03:30 AM

I need to get this. My friend rented the game, and I liked it. I actually almost got it when I got my Xbox during the TRU B1G1 sale last fall, but I got Mortal Kombat: Deception instead. Bad decision.

Hell, if I could get 2 copies, I could play one and trade in another for more than I paid for it, which would really help with paying for WrestleMania 21. Buying 2 copies doesn't classify as "hoarding" does it? Heh.

If you are going to trade it still sealed for $50 I would call it fraud.

#99 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 10:57 AM

I figured GameRush would give me $30 or so for it, or I could trade it with someone else. I wouldn't take it to a store it didn't come from and try to exchange it.

#100 DX

DX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:36 PM

I figured GameRush would give me $30 or so for it, or I could trade it with someone else. I wouldn't take it to a store it didn't come from and try to exchange it.

Cool.My bad then.

#101 menchirox

menchirox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:12 PM

Recieved mine 2 days ago. The manuals had a small tear on the side but the labels were intact...what explains that? Anyways...cards I got are Lei Fang and Tina.

Definitely worth the $20!

#102 gamefreak117

gamefreak117

the lamefreak711

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:59 AM

DoA 1 Ultimate was kinda cool, it has that arcade / previous gen feel to it (like playing Virtua Fighter 2 on PC). DoA Ultimate 2 really shined. It has the interface of DoA 3, and the story mode's sequences looks cool. In the later rounds (round 5 or 6), the enemies block a lot. In fact I had about full health, but Ayane countered on my attacks, and got a 11 hit combo down on me. She had low life, but I couldn't get the last kick on her, she countered about all my leg sweeps. Reminded me of Ninja Gaiden. Anyway, the two cards I got were Tina and Lei Feng.
Proud owner of Xbox.
There is no I in team but there is m and e.
Posted Image

#103 DantheApe

DantheApe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:59 AM

dunno if this has been posted but after a quick call to my eb, i was able to confirm that the $20 is in store as well

Saved me the wait of shipping, and I was able to get it factory sealed

just thougt I'd share
"People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on."

~Bill Cosby

#104 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:36 AM

Just in case you are the ultimate cheap ass, they have the game used as well. After CAG15/Edge/Saver = $13.49

SOLD!

#105 grae60

grae60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:47 AM

dunno if this has been posted but after a quick call to my eb, i was able to confirm that the $20 is in store as well

Saved me the wait of shipping, and I was able to get it factory sealed

just thougt I'd share

thanks man, hopefully it is at my EB as well

#106 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:45 AM

Stopped by my local EB games and picked it up for $20. Got the Lei-Fang and Tina cards.

#107 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:46 PM

I may stop by today....seems like a decent deal, nto the biggest fighting fan, but it's always good to have one in your collection

#108 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

I just started playing this online again-- everybody feel free to look me up for a match--
GT: sonic docta

#109 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:55 AM

How long does this deal last, or is it permanent?

#110 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:27 PM

This deal is still going on at B&M EB's.