God of War Origins Collection - $29.99 shipped at Newegg with Promo Code

Flipped from Amazon. I was just looking last night which games I had preordered on Amazon that I thought about Newegg doing this $10 promo for, and this was one I was hoping for. Next up, Uncharted 3, please.

Snagged this, which is awesome, but missed out on the Newegg ICO/SotC deal. Any chance of it coming back? Or of Amazon declaring jihad on Newegg and doing a price war?

Is there trophies for this? I really hope so... But I read somewhere that the PSP games will not have trophies. Let me do some digging... I already have three GoW platinum trophies, it will be awesome to add two more just like Prince of Persia :)

Missed out on ICO/SotC because I was on vacation but no way in hell I'm missing this. If I was to keep my order from Amazon I would be spending about $15 more including the taxes I'd have to spend there. Sure I miss out on my release date delivery, but $15 outweighs that any day.

[quote name='Serpentor']Is there trophies for this? I really hope so... But I read somewhere that the PSP games will not have trophies. Let me do some digging... I already have three GoW platinum trophies, it will be awesome to add two more just like Prince of Persia :)[/QUOTE]

Yes there are!

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']There are no trophies for the PSP HD collections.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are.

From the wikipage :
The Origins Collection will feature high-definition resolutions (720p), Stereoscopic 3D (the first God of War game with this feature), anti-aliased graphics locked in at 60 frames per second, DualShock 3 rumble features and Trophies.

It was also announced in the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwwdXuIpfys

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']There are no trophies for the PSP HD collections.[/QUOTE]

Yes there will be trophies for God of War. It was announced during the Origins trailer at E3.

Awesome! Newegg comes through again! $10 off and free 3 day shipping! Thanks OP!:D

Amazon has been slacking off lately... their prices are now MSRP (not even the 5% off they used to give) and their sales usually result in jacked up prices.:whistle2:/

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I remembered reading on the Blog that they would not have trophy support and I guess that was changed, missed that trailer as well, thanks for the correction and that is fantastic news, my apologies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ge...aster-series-wont-include-trophy-support.html[/QUOTE]

Trophy support is not included in the PSP Remaster series (which really sucks) but this isn't part of that series, from what I can tell. I hope this game has trophies and I hope Sony realizes that adding trophy support would definitely help sales.

$30 for ICO Collection was a no brainer, but I'm not sure about this one. I really like the God of War series and I'll definitely eventually get the game, but the backlog is pretty big, there's lots of good games coming out around September and I think this will easily hit $30 retail soon and be very easy to find.

[quote name='jr1016']Does Newegg charge when the game ships?[/QUOTE]

I think so as they wont let you use any payment method other than credit card or newegg preferred.

[quote name='thegame85']They charge sales tax in California, that's a dealbreaker. I'll just wait til Amazon has it for a similar price.[/QUOTE]

Same in TN....considering that the HQ (almost worked there once) and a distribution center are respectively located.

If KMart offers a coupon, I might just cancel this pre-order. Thanks OP!

Grabbed it, but not exactly sure if I should have or not. These games are really not all that lengthy. But I guess for $30 its not so bad.

[quote name='spideymike']Very cool. I'm still hoping for another good Black Friday deal like last year when I got the first GoW :ps3: collection for $10.[/QUOTE]Dont see $10 happening that close to release;
GoW collection released Nov 2009 & was $10 last BF. Hopefully BB has another $15 off @gamer coupon like they did for tomb raider trilogy or kmart comes thru with a $20 sale.

Not a bad price, but I'll pass.

$20 has been my bite price on the previous HD collections and I've never had trouble finding them at that. Hopefully this continues with SOTC and GOW.

[quote name='hwmusic']So if i've never played any God of War, should I play these 2 first?[/QUOTE]

Not sure where the psp games story lines fall in with the original 3, would be curious to know as well, though I've already played through the first 2 and currently playing the 3rd.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']There are no trophies for the PSP HD collections.[/QUOTE]This is not a PSP HD collection that you think. This is a remastered PS3 collection. So it includes 3D and trophies and supposedly better graphics.

PSP remastered series at the moment is a Japan only thing where they are just porting psp games with slight improved graphics and can transfer your save files to and from psp to ps3. No trophies at all.

[quote name='hwmusic']So if i've never played any God of War, should I play these 2 first?[/QUOTE]

The chronological order is this according to Wikipedia:
Chains of Olympus
God of War
Ghost of Sparta
Betrayal (this is a cell phone game)
God of War II
God of War III

You don't have to play the games in order, each game has its own story and can stand on its own.

I wish these HD collections were 1080p. These are pretty low-poly games, I don't see why they can't bump up the resolution.

You should play them all!!!! :) I personally played in the order they were released.

[quote name='Vinny']The chronological order is this according to Wikipedia:
Chains of Olympus
God of War
Ghost of Sparta
Betrayal (this is a cell phone game)
God of War II
God of War III

You don't have to play the games in order, each game has its own story and can stand on its own.[/QUOTE]

The only I didn't play is Betrayal, I don't even know what that is. Yes, the Origin collection has trophies (I know fellow CAGs already confirmed this, thank you all).

This will bring the # of platinum trophies on par with Prince of Persia, SWEET! I got my pre-order confirmation :)

bread's done
Back