@Amazon: Laugh It Up, Fuzzball: The Family Guy Trilogy on BluRay $15.49

arrrg! I would have ordered from Amazon instead of Walmart. I chose site to store pickup a few days ago and it hasn't been received yet. Amazon free shipping would have been quicker and I wouldn't have to pick it up!

[quote name='icedrake523']Ugh, should I get DVD like the rest of my collection or go with Blu-Ray?[/QUOTE]

It's a toss up, the blu-ray case is identical to the dvd case which is definitely a good thing and it will blend in great with your dvd collection. Also the scratch resistant coating is very nice especially for the eco-friendly packaging this season (along with the movies) are packaged in which can scratch your disc if you are not careful. But at the same time Futurama isn't a show with tons of detail in the animation and you will probably not have a very noticeable visual or audio upgrade, also the load times on blu ray, and lastly the fact that for many people they only own one blu ray player and have dvd players spread throughout their houses along with the added ability to bring it to friend's places and no worries if they own a bd player or not. I personally went with the dvd copy, partially because I am a cheapass and also because of the ability to watch it on more tvs.

Laugh It Up, Fuzzball: The Family Guy Trilogy (It's a Trap! / Blue Harvest / Something, Something, Something, Darkside) [Blu-ray]

$15.49
Ships 9-14 days
Special Features
Digital Copies of each movie (not listed in the product description, but shown in the images and customer reviews)
Deleted scenes
"Trivial Pursuit"
"Dinner and a Movie"
"Family Guy at Comic-con 2010"
"Peter Shin Draws"
"Making the Scene", an animatic, and an original voice over skit.

http://www.amazon.com/Laugh-Up-Fuzz..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0342XTVY8VQCK3HQYY8A

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the Blu-Ray set for Futurama Vol. 5. I checked my copy of Bender's Game to see the packaging again (they're similar), and the disc has some small scratches (not that I really care since Bender's Game was awful). For an extra $2.50, I'll get the one that's more durable.

[quote name='icedrake523']Ugh, should I get DVD like the rest of my collection or go with Blu-Ray?[/QUOTE]

"Should I get a VHS tape or a DVD?"
"Should I get a cassette tape or a CD?"
"Should I purchase a horse or a car?"

Just don't forget, Blue Harvest is not in HD. It's just upscaled and slapped on a Blu-ray. Looks no better than a DVD. Don't bother if you already have the other two on Blu-ray.

[quote name='Xizer']"Should I get a VHS tape or a DVD?"
"Should I purchase a horse or a car?"[/QUOTE]
DVD is still going strong, the rest of my collection is DVD, and I have 2 blu-ray players compared to every computer and 4 TVs.

[quote name='takotchi']Just don't forget, Blue Harvest is not in HD. It's just upscaled and slapped on a Blu-ray. Looks no better than a DVD. Don't bother if you already have the other two on Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

insult to injury since only the last is in widescreen.

fuzzball trilogy is awesome, except for the last one. The Return of the Jedi parody is awful. They even say in the beginning scrolling text that this movie is bad and to forgive them for how bad it is.

However, for that price, how could you say no? It's an awesome deal and the special features are cool.

[quote name='Xizer']"Should I get a VHS tape or a DVD?"
"Should I purchase a horse or a car?"[/QUOTE]

Your doing it wrong. Try these:

"Should I get a Camry or a Lexus?"
"Should I get a $50 Lady of the Night or a $500 Lady of the Night?"
"Should I get a 47" HDTV or a 55" HDTV?"

They both do the same thing but one is prettier, has a few more features, and costs more.

[quote name='takotchi']Just don't forget, Blue Harvest is not in HD. It's just upscaled and slapped on a Blu-ray. Looks no better than a DVD. Don't bother if you already have the other two on Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck. Ok, you talked me out of it. $15.49 is hella cheap, but I already have blu harvest on DVD, something something darkside on Blu-ray, and I watched It's a Trap on TV and didn't care for it a whole lot.

Thanks for letting us know about blu harvest.

bread's done
Back