Best Buy: Halo Reach Legendary Edition $30 and more YMMV

Cuke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ass Creed Brotherhood CE - $25
KZ3 Helghast - $50

Couple other crappy ones...

Anyway, felt this deserved its own thread because I think some of these prices just occurred as the people there kept commenting how they were just higher yesterday.

IMG952829-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cuke']Ass Creed Brotherhood CE - $25
KZ3 Helghast - $50

Anyway, felt this deserved its own thread because I think some of these prices just occurred as the people there kept commenting how they were just higher yesterday.[/QUOTE]

online or instore? i recall it being 50 last...

[quote name='Cuke']Ass Creed Brotherhood CE - $25
KZ3 Helghast - $50

Anyway, felt this deserved its own thread because I think some of these prices just occurred as the people there kept commenting how they were just higher yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen.

They are priced at $60 and have a 50% off sticker on them. They made them all thirty dollars even though I bought multiple.

Hmm just came home from BB. Didn't see any stickers on them. They have been on the same shelves for months though.

They've been slowly dropping for months at various stores I go to, so I wouldn't be surprised if this will be the price at quite a few places in the comings days/weeks

Wasn't there just a thread on this being $60 yesterday at Best Buy? I checked it and verified the $60 price tag, but no %50 off sticker.

[quote name='Cuke']If that special applied to like a hundred different games, then sure. >_>[/QUOTE]

Wait what?!?!?!

All games are 50% off at your store?!?!

No, of course not. They just have a shit ton of CE's at 50% off and others 30%. A lot of other random DS/Wii/PS2 games are marked with them stickers. Some PS3/360 ones are as well.

None of my stores seem to use the special stickers people have been talking about lately. This appears to be a store specific thing, and he lucked out because they put it on these collector editions.

Thanks for the heads up Cuke but I just got back from BB and this is definitely a manager's special. I asked the guy to look up the SKU's for AssCreedBro C.E. for both :360: & :ps3: and they are still $49.99; Halo Reach L.E. is $59.99. I didn't ask him to look up KZ3: H.E. though.

And Cuke, maybe
its time to clean and cut your nails :whistle2:# :)

[quote name='htown01']And Cuke, maybe
its time to clean and cut your nails :whistle2:# :)
[/QUOTE]

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one thinking this. Gross.

[quote name='blindinglights']I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one thinking this. Gross.[/QUOTE]
That makes three of us then.:puke:

I'm just surprised no one called the OP a hoarder yet for buying multiples. You guys are slipping.

[quote name='karyadi']do you think we can show BB a pic of them and try to price match? :p[/QUOTE]

Cue the "seems legit" meme.

Was just at BestBuy and grabbed two copies of the Legendary for a friend and I, rang up the same price as yesterday, $59.99. Sticker price said $149.99 and the "sale" ad they had standing on top of the stack of boxes said it was $99.99.

YMMV on anything cheaper than the $59.99?

[quote name='Teriana']Was just at BestBuy and grabbed two copies of the Legendary for a friend and I, rang up the same price as yesterday, $59.99. Sticker price said $149.99 and the "sale" ad they had standing on top of the stack of boxes said it was $99.99.

YMMV on anything cheaper than the $59.99?[/QUOTE]

Def YMMV I went to the only one I ever saw weird stickers at (thats the manager special cue I believe...) and they were ringing up for the normal price.

They always make so many Halo Legendary Editions. Microsoft was clearing the ones from Halo 3 on Club Bing three years after the game came out. They still had the "do not sell before " stickers on them. I won a couple of free Reach Legendaries in the spring. They were being cleared out from Microsoft's PR supply closet I suppose because lots of smaller community sites had contests for them at the same time. The codes for the flaming helmet were still going for more than $50 on ebay a month ago which amazed me considering the whole sealed package has been available for around $60 on and off for months now.

If anyone is at all interested in the Halo 4 Legendary Edition, consider buying the cheap version and waiting unless you really need to put whatever statue it comes with on your shelf immediately.

[quote name='blindinglights']I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one thinking this. Gross.[/QUOTE]

Yeahhhh they are a bit long. >_> The dirty just happened though, as it was rainy/muddy out and I dropped an FYE bag on the way in.

[quote name='louiedog']If anyone is at all interested in the Halo 4 Legendary Edition, consider buying the cheap version and waiting unless you really need to put whatever statue it comes with on your shelf immediately.[/QUOTE]

That has pretty much been my strategy on all CEs since I had to have the Halo 3 CE and it was half off within 6 months.

[quote name='Cuke']Yeahhhh they are a bit long. >_> The dirty just happened though, as it was rainy/muddy out and I dropped an FYE bag on the way in.[/QUOTE]

It happens :cool: I hope you take care of that soon :lol: J/k. No I wasn't.

[quote name='omyard']That has pretty much been my strategy on all CEs since I had to have the Halo 3 CE and it was half off within 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Since we're on the topic of collector's editions, do you think Epic will overproduce the GoW 3 Epic Edition? When Epic announced their SKUs, the article stated, "“With production values worthy of the most discerning fans, the “Gears of War 3” Epic Edition is available in very limited quantities and only while supplies last."

I don't know if I should believe those 3 words.

[quote name='hustletron']Eh I'm content with paying 60 and getting 19 back in Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]
You might have a problem with that....The UPC on game case inside the legendary is different than the standard edition....I know this because I tried sending in the game only from the legendary earlier as the standard edition earlier in the year and they sent it back...Now if you already have a standard edition sitting around, then send that one in and keep the one from the legendary.

[quote name='htown01']It happens :cool: I hope you take care of that soon :lol: J/k. No I wasn't.

Since we're on the topic of collector's editions, do you think Epic will overproduce the GoW 3 Epic Edition? When Epic announced their SKUs, the article stated, "“With production values worthy of the most discerning fans, the “Gears of War 3” Epic Edition is available in very limited quantities and only while supplies last."

I don't know if I should believe those 3 words.[/QUOTE]

I think they also said this with GOW 2 LE.
But, Im not sure so dont quote me on it.

[quote name='K_G']You might have a problem with that....The UPC on game case inside the legendary is different than the standard edition....I know this because I tried sending in the game only from the legendary earlier as the standard edition earlier in the year and they sent it back...Now if you already have a standard edition sitting around, then send that one in and keep the one from the legendary.[/QUOTE]

I already have a standalone copy of Reach. 2 actually.

[quote name='htown01']It happens :cool: I hope you take care of that soon :lol: J/k. No I wasn't.

I don't know if I should believe those 3 words.[/QUOTE]
Hmm... Highest hyped game for 360 this year? check.
opportunity to milk their customers for an extra $80? check.
"Halo 3 Legendary is limited guys, preorder now!" (...3 years later) "Unlike Halo 3 Legendary, Reach Legendary will definitely be limited this time!"

Of course they will.

[quote name='Newl']Hmm... Highest hyped game for 360 this year? check.
"Halo 3 Legendary is limited guys, preorder now!" (...3 years later) "Unlike Halo 3 Legendary, Reach Legendary will definitely be limited this time!"

Of course they will.[/QUOTE]

Very limited is a personal belief and anyone can claim any amount to be "very limited". Most collectors editions are not limited and the ones that are don't really bust out the sweet swag.

[quote name='Newl']Hmm... Highest hyped game for 360 this year? check.

Of course they will.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I've been thinking of pre-ordering it but with all of these collector's editions dropping fairly quick after launch, I'm strongly reconsidering not to. These drops are slapping some sense into me.

Thanks for y'alls input.

[quote name='htown01']:lol:

I've been thinking of pre-ordering it but with all of these collector's editions dropping fairly quick after launch, I'm strongly reconsidering not to. These drops are slapping some sense into me.

Thanks for y'alls input.[/QUOTE]

I would consider preordering it if you really want it. A lot of these CE's drop, but not many of them are fast/easily found. I saw a Halo Reach CE at target for 35 (was broke at the time so I didnt buy =[), but since then the first deal I saw was at Bestbuy. You figure its only at 50% come nearly a year later.

I can keep going on with this theme, but most games do not drop that fast and bigger games drop slower. You're looking at maybe getting the game now for a slight discount or getting the CE and maybe 6 months later missing out on a good deal.

No 50% discount on Halo: Reach Legendary Edition or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Collector's Edition. Still the recent discounted $60 and $50, respectively. Picked up the Halo Reach one. Very, very nice. Will sell the code immediately and probably the game after I play around with it for awhile. Statue is VERY fine lol

bread's done
Back