Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/17/11 to 7/23/11)

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#331 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

I don't even know.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#332 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:30 AM

do best buy take resurfaced disc?

How would they know if the disc is resurfaced?

I think they will take it.

#333 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:32 AM

punisher you can trade them in anyway you want. i was being a douche this morning and traded all my games in the paper/plastic wrappers that blockbuster gives them to you in. i asked if that was cool and the grrl was like no problem we have our own cases anyway and then she kept talking about black ops zombies ;)
i traded in 11 games for 292 a few minutes ago, woot. :)
bought most of them back 40% off on gohastings, lol, woot.
example 2 blops traded in for 75, bought back for 50 total gohastings. ;)
just hoping my orders dont get canceled, but if they do, oh well i will buy them back in the future cheaper anyway. it's not like i dont have a huge backlog to get through.

The one Best buy didnt want to take it. Gave me problems claiming I needed a receipt and games need the case.

#334 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

How would they know if the disc is resurfaced?

I think they will take it.

u can actually see it. u see circular ripples.

#335 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

GoW3 will effect the other titles not shooters & all the sub AAA shooters will need help with BF3 & MW3 getting all the attention.

Explain. GoW3 is a Xbox360 exclusive. Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive. Gears releases in Sept. Uncharted in Nov. How is one supposed to effect the other?

Like you said, look at previous sales. Infamous 2 has yet to have a hard sale. We are almost past the 45 day (Silver) option.

#336 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

I went to my target looking for one of those $9 SDHC cards today. Nothing was marked as sale, and I was not going to bust my ass trying to get an employee to ask if the Lexar card marked $29.99 was on sale.

God I hate this target.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#337 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Anyone know if the WD 250 gig drive is SATA? Also, is it a usable drive if you pop it out? I'd like to use it in my PS3, but I've read horror stories about proprietary drives (firmware, etc) in the external enclosures. Thanks!

#338 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Anyone know if the WD 250 gig drive is SATA? Also, is it a usable drive if you pop it out? I'd like to use it in my PS3, but I've read horror stories about proprietary drives (firmware, etc) in the external enclosures. Thanks!

It is not - it's only got a USB connector inside. Don't crack the case to put it in your PS3!

(however, the drive works great with WBFS)

#339 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

Explain. GoW3 is a Xbox360 exclusive. Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive. Gears releases in Sept. Uncharted in Nov. How is one supposed to effect the other?
Like you said, look at previous sales. Infamous 2 has yet to have a hard sale. We are almost past the 45 day (Silver) option.

This fall is a totally different animal b/c of the shear volume of games that will release in a short time frame. Most games sell boatloads early b/c of the "new" factor but every week there will be more "new" games many worth the hype of full retail(not to us CAG though but we make up a small, small % of shoppers). You'll notice that every time a new AAA title will release this fall most of the others that already came out will be advertised as well. But this will only work once or twice at full retail b4 it'll be $50 or $40. Some people will bite at $50 like we(CAG's) would bite at LA Noire/MK/DS2 for $15 or another 2 for $50 deal. Um, Infamous 2 is on sale right now link:
http://www.gamestop....nfamous-2/78093

I went to my target looking for one of those $9 SDHC cards today. Nothing was marked as sale, and I was not going to bust my ass trying to get an employee to ask if the Lexar card marked $29.99 was on sale.God I hate this target.

I went to the target in christiana malll DE they acted like it was OOS & never was avail, was hoping to score some + the 250 GB HD with no tax. BB didn't carry either so no pm opportunity but I got the HD last 1. Today I made a delivery to target in E. Windsor NJ, they had TONS of the $9 stuff TONS. I grabbed 5 Micros & 2 USB's, the reps said they had 17 HD's at the start of the sale & sold 6-7 in the 1st 20 minutes & by end of business Mon. sold out. Here's the ID # to track them thru the site maybe this can help 056120403

#340 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:30 AM

pm pro tip, try to buy the games on the sat. after they release this maximizes the 45 days. I'll be making a special thread to assist with pm'ing the $100 RZ deal, it'll help most people on the fence with where they want to get the games & what games to get where/when.

#341 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

Um, Infamous 2 is on sale right now link:
http://www.gamestop....nfamous-2/78093

Only SE would have qualified for a PM since it is the only one listed in the ad. Reg version would be unable to PM. Just saying...

#342 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:49 AM

Only SE would have qualified for a PM since it is the only one listed in the ad. Reg version would be unable to PM. Just saying...

don't need the ad, show them your smartphone they can look it up & verify price thru their online & call the store to confirm stock.

#343 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

don't need the ad, show them your smartphone they can look it up & verify price thru their online & call the store to confirm stock.

So that's why they don't match Amazon...;)

#344 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

It is not - it's only got a USB connector inside. Don't crack the case to put it in your PS3!

(however, the drive works great with WBFS)

Thanks, appreciate it.

#345 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

So that's why they don't match Amazon...;)

some stores do it usually comes down to how much are you about to spend or to them how much are the about to lose. Here's the response I got from BB regarding pm'ing amazon.
http://forums.bestbu...p/303326#M50960

#346 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

Infamous 2 hasn't been on sale yet due to Sony. They set a MAP (minimum advertised price) through August.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#347 sundoro

sundoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

I went to the target in christiana malll DE they acted like it was OOS & never was avail, was hoping to score some + the 250 GB HD with no tax. BB didn't carry either so no pm opportunity but I got the HD last 1. Today I made a delivery to target in E. Windsor NJ, they had TONS of the $9 stuff TONS. I grabbed 5 Micros & 2 USB's, the reps said they had 17 HD's at the start of the sale & sold 6-7 in the 1st 20 minutes & by end of business Mon. sold out. Here's the ID # to track them thru the site maybe this can help 056120403

Are the sdhc cards on clearance or where they're normally stocked, and do you happen to know the dpci for the micros? I can't seem to find any at the Targets in the Los Angeles area.

#348 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Infamous 2 hasn't been on sale yet due to Sony. They set a MAP (minimum advertised price) through August.

It's $50 on sale now @ GS.

Are the sdhc cards on clearance or where they're normally stocked, and do you happen to know the dpci for the micros? I can't seem to find any at the Targets in the Los Angeles area.

they weren't clearance I found them with help from an employee on an endcap in between the cashier counter & the TV's. Here's the DPCI for both the micros & the HD
Micro
WD HD
the 1st target tried to tell me "no rainchecks" BS the ad says no rainchecks for the HD "limited quantities" but the micro is right next it along with the 8 GB USB & there's no verbage for no raincheck. These should be coming back in stock b/c where I found the ones on sale there were others 2 GB & 4 GB plenty of them. And I think Dane-Elec is Target's brand they have tons of memory by this company.

Also, there skullcandy earbuds are on sale for $8 better than what I just paid at TRU for the same ones on clearance minus another 25% off & I got the smokin buds color I wanted.

#349 sundoro

sundoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

they weren't clearance I found them with help from an employee on an endcap in between the cashier counter & the TV's. Here's the DPCI for both the micros & the HD

Awesome! Thank you!

Turns out the online stock checker says both are available at all my local targets, so I must've totally missed them. Now to see if I can find an employee that can help me track them down.

#350 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

It's $50 on sale now @ GS.

Interesting. In the Kmart thread, I'm pretty sure the rep told us the MAP thing was until August.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#351 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

Interesting. In the Kmart thread, I'm pretty sure the rep told us the MAP thing was until August.

there's something to that Sony restrictions b/c if you noticed most of their exclusive deals at BB involved buying the new game @ $60 & getting one of their other exclusives for $30 off. It just so happened that several times the other games were on sale for $50(BB.com) so getting the new game & a recent exclusive for $70 total was a great deal($35 ea). Plus considering most of the older games would net $30 TIV w/o any extra % paying $60 wasn't a big deal.

#352 Ronin187

Ronin187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

Where do you get these gamer coupons?

#353 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Where do you get these gamer coupons?

There in the @gamer mags in-store should be all around the gaming area, the gaming trade in counters/kiosk & where the mags are located near the checkouts.
Here's the link to the current mags coupons the OP should answer most ?'s
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=298145

#354 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

Took a trip to target to do a little trade in to see how the process would go. Only traded in a copy of Child of Eden + MJ, but everything worked perfectly and it was pretty quick. They have the same "we need to enter your info from your ID" deal that BB has, and it looks like it will be like BB in that they will need it every time, instead of saving your info, but it went relatively quickly otherwise.

They print out A LOT of paperwork with it though, and most of the paperwork has color images of the games you are trading in, which all seems kind of wasteful. I mean, for the 2 games I traded in, I think at least 12 pieces of paper were printed out.

#355 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

Can anyone take a look at this? I am planning to take advantage of the best buy trade in and $100gc w. preorder offer.

I am planning to trade in

Killzone 3 - $25
L.A. Noire - $25
Crysis 2 - $22
Dirt 3 - $25
GT 5 - $23

Total - $120 plus $60, so $180.

Now I will pre-order

Gears of War 3
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3
COD: MW 3
Skyrim

$300 - $180 = $120 + $100 Free gc
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#356 Kali

Kali

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

Anyone else's Targets had Move bundles for $80? I went last night and they were sold out. No rainchecks.
Posted Image

#357 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Can anyone take a look at this? I am planning to take advantage of the best buy trade in and $100gc w. preorder offer.

Killzone 3 - $25
L.A. Noire - $25
Crysis 2 - $22
Dirt 3 - $25
GT 5 - $23

Now I will pre-order

Gears of War 3
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3
Skyrim

Seems legit. I've been pre-ordering everywhere just to see what's the best deal or exclusives. All those games seem awesome enough and if there's a deal that comes with another gift card with that game you'll be set. I'm sure they'll offer gift cards with those games even with the $100 because they want people who didn't pre-order would want to buy them too.

Anything I should buy before the sales end this week?

#358 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

Killzone 3 - $25
L.A. Noire - $25
Crysis 2 - $22
Dirt 3 - $25
GT 5 - $23

Now I will pre-order

Gears of War 3
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3
Skyrim

Damn, seeing it out in writing like that is really tempting. =/

#359 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

Damn, seeing it out in writing like that is really tempting. =/

and that's not even the deal "maxed" out...with all the flips/trade in deals/bonuses/promos BB made it pretty easy to get $300 in credit. So if you used the $300 for 5 games, pm'd them to $40 each you'd pay $200 in credit for 5 games. And then at the end you would get $100 in credit back making the total deal 5 games for $100 or $20 ea. If they would make this "gamers grab bag" a perm. offer throughout the year I'd really make a killing.