Anime sale on select titles @ DeepDiscount (Up to 73% off) & DVDPlanet

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

Note: Price fluctuation may occur with any of the sale listings!

Posted Image

Deep is your anime destination! Up to 73% off @ DeepDiscount.com

Sale Ends 8/26 Noon CST

Some of the sales highlights:
Spoiler

Posted Image

Our Best Anime Sale Ever @ DVDPlanet.com | One-time use $5 off $50 coupon: couponcabin

Sale Ends August 1st

Some of the sale highlights:
Spoiler

Edited by WTK, 21 July 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#2 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

ill definitely check it out. thanks.

#3 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Jeebus, I can only hope that Amazon price matches because I seriously don't want to deal with deepdiscount.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#4 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

Jeebus, I can only hope that Amazon price matches because I seriously don't want to deal with deepdiscount.

Yeah, deepdiscount is horrid.

#5 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

Same here.

Nice prices on a few of those items that I might want. I'd prefer an Amazon price match to DD, of course.

#6 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

My wallet was destroyed because of amazon. Thanks for posting this deal though.

#7 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

I ordered Angel Beats from DD since it was that $35 price but then Right Stuf shipped my pre-order out. I tried canceling with DD but they sent me an automated response saying that the order was processing. Five days later, it still hadn't shipped so I sent an e-mail to customer service requesting another cancellation. It wasn't until then did my order finally get canceled. Sadly, DD was awesome back in 2003-2007 from what I remember. I used to pre-order DVDs and would get them a day before they hit the street, which was unheard of, especially since I live in Hawaii where everything takes longer to arrive, but lately they've nothing more than a shell of their former self.

RayeKasai.png

#8 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

Whoa, those are some really damn good deals. I haven't seem some of that stuff that cheap ever.

I ordered some stuff from Deep Discount last year, and I didn't have any problems. Two of my items, True Tears and Witch Hunter Robin, were damaged, and Deep Discount replaced them without a hassle. So I wouldn't be averse to ordering from them again, especially with these prices. Although, I just spent a bunch of money on other stuff. Dammit.

#9 Astroranagun

Astroranagun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

missed the strangers of sword from buy.com last time but bought escaflowne.....yet DD appear $32....may consider to buy Gundam 00 BD for $17...the cheapest.....

#10 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

Looks like a good price for Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum, among others listed

#11 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

DVDPlanet has a mirror sale to DeepDiscount as well (with additional titles). Info and some of the deals added to the first post (some releases are cheaper at DVDPlanet).

#12 SleepDebt

SleepDebt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

guys, help me out getting amazon to lower the price of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Blu-Ray and 5 Centimeters per second DVD by reporting a lower price. I've been looking for a decent deal for those two for quite awhile and I have an amazon gift card.

#13 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Will also hope for an Amazon price match. Want the Gundam Seed Destiny sets

#14 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

The complete Eureka Seven tv series for $41... I remember paying like $15 per DVD at BB b&m as they were being released.

Some great prices here. My last anime purchase with them went well (slow, but no problems).

#15 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

Picked up K-ON! 1 at DD w/ free expedited shipping and no tax through Google checkout.

#16 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

They have the steelbook edition of Akira, but it's $34.99 with free shipping. I need a discount code, lol.

#17 bluem00se

bluem00se

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:13 PM

That's a great price for Cowboy Bebop, which I've been eyeing for a long time now on amazon (much more expensive). But I'm hesitant to deal with Deep Discount after all these negative posts about them. Here's hoping amazon PM's.

#18 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

Does anyone have any experience with DVD planet? Any bad things about them?

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#19 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

Grabbing Gurren Lagann for sure.

Also, use the link in my sig for 2.5% cash back from DeepDiscount

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#20 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

Well, Witch Hunter Robin was sold-out from the start or soon after this deal hit. Can't get from either place now. Was the only one that caught my eye. Bummer :(

#21 sdragon

sdragon

CAG's Top Dragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

This...

#22 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

not bad for code geass

#23 Cloyd

Cloyd

JRPG Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

There are some really good deals in there. I might have to snag a few even though I'm making sure I have the funds for all of the Gears of War 3 crap I've pre-ordered. Why the hell is Degrassi season 1 and 2 mixed in with the Anime?

Cloyd-Royal.png

Currently Playing:  :ps3: Hyperdimension Neptunia V -  :vita: Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment -  :pc: Diablo III - Reaper of Souls

Games Beaten 2014 - Hyperdimension Neptuinia Mk2  :ps3: : Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch :ps3: : Uncharted - Drake's Fortune :ps3: Child of Light  :ps3:

Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars  :vita: : The Walking Dead - Season One / 400 Days  :ps3: : A Wolf Among Us :ps3:

#24 Joda84

Joda84

EXTERMINATE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

Some titles seem to have gone up... Crest of the Stars is showing $19.99 for me now..

#25 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

I'm shocked. I ordered Destiny of the Shrine Maidens last week, and I already got it in the mail. Been a long time since I received something that quickly from DeepDiscount

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#26 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

How the heck is chance pop session...I looked at it forever ago...

#27 thirdrose

thirdrose

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

How the heck is chance pop session...I looked at it forever ago...

I haven't watched it in years, but I remember enjoying it. The caveat here is that you'd have to at least tolerate, if not actually like, the music that's presented here. Anyone interested in this show should be warned that you're going to hear a lot songs over and again since it's based on the formation of a musical group.

I remember it having a predictable, but still very sweet story. I can definitely say that the cover art that is displayed is entirely misleading as it's got little to no fanservice in it.
Posted Image

#28 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

use code WERHERE5 for $5 off at DD. Good until tomorrow @ noon CST.
Coupon can be used more than once. Picked up K-ON! 2 for $9.99 and Sword of the Stranger for $14.99.
FYI, Akira blu-ray steelbook is currently in stock at DD. I personally didn't want to gamble with the thought of damage steelbooks from DD though.

#29 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

use code WERHERE5 for $5 off at DD. Good until tomorrow @ noon CST.
Coupon can be used more than once. Picked up K-ON! 2 for $9.99 and Sword of the Stranger for $14.99.
FYI, Akira blu-ray steelbook is currently in stock at DD. I personally didn't want to gamble with the thought of damage steelbooks from DD though.

Picked up Best Student Council with the code but encountered this error when trying to use it again:

The promo code "WERHERE5" is not valid for this purchase because it was applied to a previous order.

#30 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

it's one use per account