Photo
- - - - -

Extra Life Game for Charity Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

#31 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

Year number 2 on Team CAG for me. Lets get these hospitals some money for the kids!
Posted Image

#32 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Looking for more recruits....
4WytjRR.png
Team CAG is looking for more members to help raise money, doing you could win free games, and swag. Best of all you're helping out kids who are in need. Sign up!

#33 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

If someone could add me to the list, Jonathan M, I would appreciate it.

Also, is there any way that nonsense at the top of this page could be deleted? I could see it deterring some away from the event.

"All funds will be disbursed directly to the hospital selected during registration."
That quote is straight from the FAQs on their website, for those concerned where the money goes. http://www.extra-lif...005&eventID=501

edit: Maybe put the city/hospital that each participant is raising money for by their name in the original post. Just in case some donors are looking for a local hospital to donate to. I choose CMN in general, this way the funds can go where they are needed most.

Added!

And thanks for the idea! I might just go through and update the hospital beside everyones name when I add in XBL/PSN names in the near future.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#34 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

Nice.
4WytjRR.png
Team CAG is looking for more members to help raise money, doing you could win free games, and swag. Best of all you're helping out kids who are in need. Sign up!

#35 Sunfire14

Sunfire14

When I grow up, I want to be a Steam Shovel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

Added!

Much appreciated. Could you fix my name though, thanks. :)

Extra Life 2014

Donate to Extra Life: http://www.extra-lif...cipantID=102117

Join Team CAG: http://www.extra-lif...am&teamID=14569

#36 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

Much appreciated. Could you fix my name though, thanks. :)

Haha. Yeah. My bad. I fixed it. I shall blame that mistake on the heat, because I feel like blaming something on the extreme weather.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#37 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Late night bump
4WytjRR.png

#38 COLDblood

COLDblood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Added myself to the team.

#39 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

Added my link to my facebook page. Seems all my friends are cheap bastards though, lol.

#40 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

Yea, I don't understand how some people cannot donate just $1.
4WytjRR.png

#41 DarkMinerva

DarkMinerva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

I made a few Sigs for people to use if they would like. I just put these two together quickly so they are not the best, but I thought they might help us get some more people to sign up or donate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm willing to make some different ones when I have some more time or if anyone has any suggestions.
Posted Image

#42 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:45 AM

Bumped up the date for my Halo Reach Raffle. Feel free to grab the pic off my sig and use it for your sites and such. I just cropped it from the EL website.
4WytjRR.png

#43 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

I made a few Sigs for people to use if they would like. I just put these two together quickly so they are not the best, but I thought they might help us get some more people to sign up or donate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm willing to make some different ones when I have some more time or if anyone has any suggestions.

Very nice! These look great!

#44 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

We're looking for more team members still.
4WytjRR.png

#45 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

Late Brunch Bump
4WytjRR.png

#46 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

The afternoon bump.
4WytjRR.png

#47 DarkMinerva

DarkMinerva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

So one day left to earn a chance at the Halo LE.
Posted Image

#48 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, Halo Reach Contest is over. So this is what I'm doing, those that join Team CAG will be entered in a drawing to win a game of their choice.

Those that donate to my page get entered to win a 1600 M$Point Card.
4WytjRR.png

#49 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Good Morning People, hope everyone is finding donors for their pages.
4WytjRR.png

#50 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Good Morning People, hope everyone is finding donors for their pages.

No..but not for lack of trying

#51 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

Don't fret - It's hard to get people involved this early. For some reason, the closer we come to the date, the easier it is to get donations.

#52 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

True, but hey look at the bright side. You guys are all in the drawing for a free game, I'm going to try and get more stuff to add to the raffle for those that are on the team.
4WytjRR.png

#53 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

Good Morning Team, hope everyone is doing well. Anything good happening? New games, New achievements?
4WytjRR.png

#54 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

Good Morning Team, hope everyone is doing well. Anything good happening? New games, New achievements?

On the last level of Catherine, otherwise nothing to report.

#55 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

On the last level of Catherine, otherwise nothing to report.

Just started playing Two Worlds 2. Focusing on Multiplayer atm the moment. Not a bad game, granted could have been done better, but still not bad.
4WytjRR.png

#56 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

I may very well do this, but I don't know if many of my friends/family will sponsor me to play video games for 24 hours. Even if it IS for a good cause
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#57 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

Don't worry you also try other aspects by going door to door, or talk to a local game store for sponsorship if you wear or brag about their store.
4WytjRR.png

#58 Sunfire14

Sunfire14

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

Don't fret - It's hard to get people involved this early. For some reason, the closer we come to the date, the easier it is to get donations.

^ If I remember correctly, this didn't even start to get momentum until the middle of September last year.

Extra Life 2014

#59 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

I'm all for doing something like this. Problem is, Saturdays are going to be a pain for me starting later this month.

Is everyone exclusively doing this on Saturday? I ask because I was thinking of chipping away some hours during the week of the event and capping it off with a grand hurrah the Sunday after.

#60 Sunfire14

Sunfire14

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:30 AM

I'm all for doing something like this. Problem is, Saturdays are going to be a pain for me starting later this month.

Is everyone exclusively doing this on Saturday? I ask because I was thinking of chipping away some hours during the week of the event and capping it off with a grand hurrah the Sunday after.

You do not have to go 24 hours straight, just dedicate 24 hours toward the cause. I basically will be doing what you said with my 'grand hurrah' being that Saturday (hopefully). The main point of this is that you are going to use your own personal time to help promote a wonderful cause. That is what matters.

Extra Life 2014