Extra Life Game for Charity Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

#61 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hows everyone doing? Just finished my 2nd raffle. Don't know what to put up for the next one. This one will the last for a while. Also I remember last year someone was able to get game developers to donate for the cause anyone remember who had the skills to do that? Maybe get something going on again this year to garner more participation?

fs_overall.png

#62 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

Hows everyone doing? Just finished my 2nd raffle. Don't know what to put up for the next one. This one will the last for a while. Also I remember last year someone was able to get game developers to donate for the cause anyone remember who had the skills to do that? Maybe get something going on again this year to garner more participation?

Yeah he contacted me. We might have the same thing happen this year. First things first though - My roommate and I slacked off finding an apartment for the upcoming year until now, so I should probably solve that situation first so I'm not gaming behind a Starbucks. :)

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#63 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

LOL, so true. You may get arrested for stealing wifi

fs_overall.png

#64 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

Anyone else grabbing MW3? I wasn't at first because the server issues, but after seeing the "horde/wave" mode, my mind kind of changed. Might have to go with the Best Buy Rewards Program promo going on.

fs_overall.png

#65 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Just got back from vacation in Chicago. So let's get this started.

fs_overall.png

#66 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:35 AM

Yeah I'll be grabbing MW3. I tend to pick up whatever multiplayer my friends/acquaintances do. I can never EVER go back to random games with completely random people. Oh the horror....

That being said, I am still somewhat looking forward to MW3. Haters gonna hate - I enjoy the reflex - not - strategy focus gameplay that has been the staple of the COD games.

My fundraising will have to start at the beginning of September. I tend to take my vacations at the end of summer, when all the grade schools are back in. Less crowd, less people blocking my view on the beach and screaming while I read, and less kids running around the pool while I work my magic on the cute girl in the other condo.

Ahhhh. Being young and dumb is fun.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#67 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

Thats so true. As for fundraising its going to be on and off. Contemplating on raffling another or just wait for the last one (game of choice). Wish BF3 was out by then, be nice to just go crazy on that, but at least I'll have Gears3 and BFBC2 still.

fs_overall.png

#68 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

I'm still not doing great for fund raising. Hoping will pick up in September. Going to try to organize something at work. (Maybe a change jar and Ill deposit all the proceeds at the end)

#69 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

Thats not a bad idea, you try asking your local game shops for maybe a sponsor? Then you can sport their brand during the event or out and about for a week or so?

fs_overall.png

#70 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

Shot an email out to Play N Trade to see if we could get some donations or a sponsor. Heck hopefully some donated items be pretty nice.

fs_overall.png

#71 rockalittle00

rockalittle00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

I'm in and happy to team up for some group activity.
Frosty I can't thank you enough for posting this. I had no idea. I've been involved with a children's charity that went under this year. (Political infighting...I'm proud to say I was not involved) Now I can feel good for the next few months before I turn my attentions to some sort of ThanksGiving Drive.

Dopes anybody know a promo code for ordering the street team t shirt?

#72 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for signing up. Its for the kids, I'm just thankful my children don't need the charity's services or the hospitals (knocks on wood).

fs_overall.png

#73 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

The morning bump

fs_overall.png

#74 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

When it gets about a month before, I'll start pushing the advertising.

#75 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

Good Morning Everyone. Just picked up Fable 3. Anyone have any ideas of what they're going to play on the day?

fs_overall.png

#76 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

I signed up as a lone wolf. Hopefully this year goes better than last; all I got was $10! I have a new staff so hopefully they'll be much more willing to donate to the cause, huzzah!

#77 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

Good Morning Everyone. Just picked up Fable 3. Anyone have any ideas of what they're going to play on the day?

No but I will get on Fable 3 for a bit if you promise to marry me and have a cross platform baby with me. You also have to keep the kid. :bouncy:

#78 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

No but I will get on Fable 3 for a bit if you promise to marry me and have a cross platform baby with me. You also have to keep the kid. :bouncy:

LOL alright, I made a female character.

fs_overall.png

#79 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:43 PM

Looks like Extra Life got mentioned on the CAGcast. I don't think they knew this thread existed haha.

OH AND HEY

FREDDO SANGUE AND WALTER MALINOWSKI

What are your usernames? There is one on the wiki without a link and I'm sure it is one of you. And the other, who are you? I will gladly throw your link in the original post. I just need to know who you are. :)

Edited by DrMunkee, 02 September 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#80 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

fs_overall.png

#81 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:20 AM

Hope everyone is doing well.

fs_overall.png

#82 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Anyone else playing Dead Island?

fs_overall.png

#83 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

I got it for the ps3. Fun as Hell - multiplayer is a little jank right now though

#84 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

So true, it is so much fun.

fs_overall.png

#85 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Just finished my last donation raffle. Hows everyone's fundraising coming along? Any one know how we can get the dev teams to donate merchandise again?

fs_overall.png

#86 Sunfire14

Sunfire14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hows everyone doing? A little more than 3 weeks out.
Hi!

#87 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hows everyone doing? A little more than 3 weeks out.

Not that great. The bad part is is that school, as well as having my first apartment, has been kicking my ass and taking up my time, whereas last year I was incredibly ill and had to stay at home all the time.

I'm working on getting some raffles going though. It's a possibility, but no guarantees we will have one like last year.

#88 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

True, would be nice for the devs to donate, but we'll see.

fs_overall.png

#89 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:03 AM

Another year! Is there any way I can add the team after already registering?

http://www.extra-lif...icipantID=13507

That's my page! I'm gonna throw a contest this year to help with my donations and what not, I'll work on it tomorrow.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#90 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

How is everyone doing on their fundraising?

Adding to the team raffle I will add:

Grand Prize: Free Current Game of Choice (Non CE/LE)
Runner up Prizes:
Assassin Creed Revelations Glass
Fable: The Balverine Order Paperback.

More to come....

fs_overall.png