Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #247: Crowd Control (Now with Ding-Dongle Support)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 NihongoHiatou

NihongoHiatou

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Using Morph Thing i found out what wombat and shipwrecks child would look like (I used the cartoon avatars for this not real pics)
Posted Image
NUFC 4 LIFE!
It's called Football NOT SOCCER!

#32 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hahaha, Cheapy has poop stories, Shipwreck has puke stories, I wonder how Wombat will top them?

Wombat usually has the food stories. So, his is about what goes in, and Cheapy and Ship have covered both ends of what comes out.

#33 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

Cheapy, the whole Global Warming Debate is if man is causing it. No one can deny that the climate is changing, but the Carbon Tax people have been preaching an ever hot climate for over 20 years, and mother nature gave them the middel finger with these crazy winters.

Nope.

http://www.telegraph...scientists.html

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#34 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

The best part of the show was hearing how uncomfortable Shipwreck was when Cheapy or Wombat were making inappropriate comments about his girls basketball coaching...

Love the show!

#35 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

I don't usually listen after you guys sign off and play outro music, but I am glad I stuck around this time. That music with shipwreck edited in was hilarious. "UGH It's Hot!"

#36 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

Long time listener, infrequent commenter, but this last episode had not one, not two, but three good laughs, nay, guffaws for me. Keep up the good work!
Posted Image

#37 FishyJoe

FishyJoe

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

Am I the only one who noticed how shipwreck pronounced "IOS" store? It's definitely I.O.S. store right? Not I-ahs.

At any rate good show, wish it was longer. But I wish that about a lot of things...

#38 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Alright, the ending was pretty funny

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#39 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

Am I the only one who noticed how shipwreck pronounced "IOS" store? It's definitely I.O.S. store right? Not I-ahs.

At any rate good show, wish it was longer. But I wish that about a lot of things...

I dunno. I don't say out the individual letters in DOS or BIOS either.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#40 supermidget

supermidget

Agent Short

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

What is the URL for raptor?
For the latest in video game rumors check out: http://www.vgrumorhq.com

#41 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

Do you say Oss for OS? It's the Apple OS for their i devices, so it's pronounced eye-oh-ess like you're tacking the "i" on there.

#42 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

Do you say Oss for OS? It's the Apple OS for their i devices, so it's pronounced eye-oh-ess like you're tacking the "i" on there.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to pronounce it the easiest way. I do say Oss for OS. Like I said before, I see it the same way as DOS or BIOS. I've grown up saying it that way and cutting a whole syllable out of my day gives me the extra time I need to argue stupid stuff on the Internet.
Posted Image

#43 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to pronounce it the easiest way. I do say Oss for OS. Like I said before, I see it the same way as DOS or BIOS. I've grown up saying it that way and cutting a whole syllable out of my day gives me the extra time I need to argue stupid stuff on the Internet.

zing!

lol

#44 SoxFan13

SoxFan13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:46 AM

I'm tired of the Wombat haters. If you don't think he's funny, I don't think you get the jokes. That So-so Korean joke killed.

#45 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

What is the URL for raptor?

www.raptr.com

Really odd spelling, had to put in a little google effort to find it.

And Shipwreck, nobody does for things like that lol. GIF = Giff, GUI = Gooey, etc.

Eye Oh Ess is different though, better than saying iDevice Operating System imo

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#46 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

It's fine if you want to say it that way, though I've never heard anybody pronounce it that way. I guess this will be your Maryo/Mario.

#47 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

Great show, though it did seem like CheapyD rushed through it :/
Really wanted to hear about Catherine T_T

Funny I heard IOS from Shipwreck as well and it kinda threw me off, working in IT I hear this kinda stuff too...usually everyone looks at the person funny and laughs haha no big deal

1xz7eo.gif

#48 HungryButcher

HungryButcher

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

I'm listening now. It seems like there is a guy holding a gun to Cheapy's head saying "If this show goes over an hour I'll blow your f'ing head up." I know you guys have been doing the podcast for five years now and it might be boring to record, but it takes a lot of enjoyment out of the show, for my anyways, when the hosts are just trying to get through it.

And Wombat's jokes are awesome. I laugh out loud when Cheapy does the bass slide after them.

#49 omnilaw

omnilaw

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

Maybe the reason for the loss in listeners is due to the fact that you've aggressively stopped mentioning Playstation Network or PSN. I've noticed lately that you mention a game like burnout crash is coming to Xbox but not that it's coming to PSN. Also if we were playing a drinking game and had to drink every time one of you said XBLA or Xbox live arcade people even the heaviest drinkers would be drunk well into the beginning of the show. So maybe the Playstation users just figured why am I still listening to these guys? It's obvious that no amount of bashing of Duke Nukem and praising of Child of Eden or Shadows of the damned has made any impact on the sales numbers. Also the lack of mention of Infamous 2 on your show didn't stop it from getting to the number 3 spot on top of the NPDs. Maybe you guys should just say you're a 360 show. You would probably gain more credibility that way instead of poorly feigning interest in other consoles.

Just saying

#50 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

Maybe the reason for the loss in listeners is due to the fact that you've aggressively stopped mentioning Playstation Network or PSN. I've noticed lately that you mention a game like burnout crash is coming to Xbox but not that it's coming to PSN. Also if we were playing a drinking game and had to drink every time one of you said XBLA or Xbox live arcade people even the heaviest drinkers would be drunk well into the beginning of the show. So maybe the Playstation users just figured why am I still listening to these guys? It's obvious that no amount of bashing of Duke Nukem and praising of Child of Eden or Shadows of the damned has made any impact on the sales numbers. Also the lack of mention of Infamous 2 on your show didn't stop it from getting to the number 3 spot on top of the NPDs. Maybe you guys should just say you're a 360 show. You would probably gain more credibility that way instead of poorly feigning interest in other consoles.

Just saying

Okay, PSN this week had Limbo and Dead Block. Two games we've already talked about. It also had Fastdraw Showdown - a Move title from Digital Leisure. What would you like us to care about? We mention stuff like Burnout Crash coming to XBLA because that is where we will play it. Infamous 2 came out during E3. I'd like to play it at some point, but coming out the week we're in LA looking at dozens of other games doesn't exactly move it to the front of the stack.
Posted Image

#51 chaseamazon

chaseamazon

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Who brings more visitors to the website and ultimately more $ into Cheapy's pocket. Just by listening to the podcast I think it has become abundantly clear that Cheapy prefers Shipwreck as not only a friend but also as a podcast host. Does this have to do with how much traffic each of the hosts bring to the website? I think so. Wombat does nothing but show up for the podcast and he does not contribute to the outline (all cheapy) or help in editing (all cheapy). Shipwreck is constantly writing reviews and constantly bringing traffic to the website. Now that you guys are losing listeners of the podcast is Wombat really needed anymore? I do not think so and hopefully Cheapy will realize this as well and either kick him off the cagcast or just stop the cagcast all together.

#52 omnilaw

omnilaw

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

Okay, PSN this week had Limbo and Dead Block. Two games we've already talked about. It also had Fastdraw Showdown - a Move title from Digital Leisure. What would you like us to care about? We mention stuff like Burnout Crash coming to XBLA because that is where we will play it. Infamous 2 came out during E3. I'd like to play it at some point, but coming out the week we're in LA looking at dozens of other games doesn't exactly move it to the front of the stack.

ok so what you're saying is that if you don't own a 360 and don't download anything off XBLA you shouldn't be listening to this show right? I don't have an issue with that at all, if that's how you're selling it. If you're pretending to cover video game news but only where it applies to where you'll be playing it then I'm cool with that as well. I'm not upset, just trying to understand if you're saying you don't plan on covering PSN stuff or if you're saying that you do but only as a side note. I think your listeners might want to know so they can decide if they should unsubscribe or not.

#53 Kyrox

Kyrox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:33 AM

www.raptr.com

Really odd spelling, had to put in a little google effort to find it.

I remember when I first heard them talking about raptr it took me a good amount of time to find it.

#54 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

ok so what you're saying is that if you don't own a 360 and don't download anything off XBLA you shouldn't be listening to this show right? I don't have an issue with that at all, if that's how you're selling it. If you're pretending to cover video game news but only where it applies to where you'll be playing it then I'm cool with that as well. I'm not upset, just trying to understand if you're saying you don't plan on covering PSN stuff or if you're saying that you do but only as a side note. I think your listeners might want to know so they can decide if they should unsubscribe or not.

What we are saying is that we make an entertaining podcast that focuses on games. We don't pretend to cover videogame news. We pretend to cover the things that interest us or what we have played. It is not some conspiracy against any one console. We just don't cover every section of what happened if it doesn't touch us personally. Our listeners know that, well all of them except you.

#55 omnilaw

omnilaw

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

What we are saying is that we make an entertaining podcast that focuses on games. We don't pretend to cover videogame news. We pretend to cover the things that interest us or what we have played. It is not some conspiracy against any one console. We just don't cover every section of what happened if it doesn't touch us personally. Our listeners know that, well all of them except you.

Cool bro I respect that. Thanks

#56 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

Who brings more visitors to the website and ultimately more $ into Cheapy's pocket. Just by listening to the podcast I think it has become abundantly clear that Cheapy prefers Shipwreck as not only a friend but also as a podcast host. Does this have to do with how much traffic each of the hosts bring to the website? I think so. Wombat does nothing but show up for the podcast and he does not contribute to the outline (all cheapy) or help in editing (all cheapy). Shipwreck is constantly writing reviews and constantly bringing traffic to the website. Now that you guys are losing listeners of the podcast is Wombat really needed anymore? I do not think so and hopefully Cheapy will realize this as well and either kick him off the cagcast or just stop the cagcast all together.

Dude nailed it:

Posted Image

#57 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:40 AM

Dude nailed it:

Posted Image

Kazoo!

Good podcast but I don't understand all the hate Xmen-Destiny got from you guys. The game doesn't look amazing but you guys made it sound like its as bad as the x-men movie licensed games and it looks much better than them.

524190.png

#58 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:56 AM

I work in a very quiet office, and listen to the cagcast on headphones. At least once in every episode I bust out laughing. But I had to stop listening to the song at the end, it was making me laugh so hard.

#59 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

I thought of another segment name. How about shit or shiat?
That would work perfectly.
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#60 joyce_181502

joyce_181502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:57 PM

For what it's worth, I don't know and have never met Wombat so I can't say I "dislike" him.

However the "technical difficulties" of last week meant that instead of 3 people trying to talk, there were effectively only 2. So the instances of people talking over each other was minimized and yet I feel all 3 people were still able to present their viewpoints == better podcast.

And let's be honest, if Wombat was able to talk during the NASCAR segment, it would be filled with a constant stream of redneck jokes.