CAGcast #247: Crowd Control (Now with Ding-Dongle Support)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]This is our 2nd user generated CAGcast. Is it outstanding or merely excellent? You make the call. Get your questions or topics answered via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]156[/podcast]
Download - 70 minutes, 42MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN
Monthly Special: $13.99 .co domains = CAG1399[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Intro: Elvis

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Outro - Hot [Shipwreck Super Dub] - Mechas - Global Underground: Moscow

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in time for me to go to sleep I look forward to all the user generated goodness(or chaos) listening now.

Great show! Thanx for a fun listen.
I actually platted two worlds two, it isnt that bad, just dont ever take it serious.
I was a wolf summoner that made the enemies implode, good times ;)
the velvet edition is interesting.

All the Global Warming talk was probably a direct response to all the Global Cooling theories thrown around in the 70s. (Yep, Global Cooling.)

Pretty brilliant, right? Seeing as the planet is either warming up or cooling off ALL THE TIME. Take your pick.

[quote name='USB Cable']That song at the end totally gave me a :^o . Did you put that together Cheapy? :p[/QUOTE]

I added the shipwreck soundbyte. The song is Hot by Mechas and can be found on Deep Dish's Global Underground: Moscow album.

Hahaha, Cheapy has poop stories, Shipwreck has puke stories, I wonder how Wombat will top them?

Good show gentlemen. You could tell early on that you all were not that interested but you still pulled out a series of quality performances. However, I definitely think Shipwreck was the star of the show. His unintentional homosexual comments were hilarious! He started off the show by providing details of what type of balls he ate at the sausage fest and finished the show describing Daniel Radcliff's body. Best of all, his monotone voice did not miss a beat so he either has an amazing poker face or he was dead serious. Either way, very hilarious.

Cheapy, you mentioned that the most recent NPD numbers had been released but failed to segway that into a top analyst segment....(Sigh). I feel like an overly competitive father watching his son strike out at tee-ball.

Wombat, thank you for bringing up mm2barry's post during the show feedback segment.

Good stuff all-around...Solid veteran performance. I'm a little surprised that you guys didn't mention COD:MW3 on your 2011 wish lists. I guess you guys are not big fans of FPS games.

My 2011 wishlist: 1.) SKYRIM 2.) Uncharted 3 3.) Call of Duty: MW3

[quote name='Kung Fu ZEPHYR']
I'm a little surprised that you guys didn't mention COD:MW3 on your 2011 wish lists. I guess you guys are not big fans of FPS games.[/QUOTE]
Nope, Cheapy just has better taste and is more of a Battlefield guy ;)

Picking a top 3 for the rest of this year is insanely tough for me. I want Skyrim, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3 and BF3 all the same.

Good show but wtf @ the Harry Potter discussion. You guys started freaking me out. Loved the outro though!

Damn, I forgot to add to the outline! Oh well, I'm sure this will be just as good as the last user generated show. Can't wait to listen.

Great show. I am a little disappointed that there was not a whole lot of the silliness from the outline. I mean last time gave us Cagcast thug life. It seemed like you just wanted a real outline from the fans.

[quote name='Kyrox']Great show. I am a little disappointed that there was not a whole lot of the silliness from the outline. I mean last time gave us Cagcast thug life. It seemed like you just wanted a real outline from the fans.[/QUOTE] This is basically my feelings. While I enjoyed the show, I was expecting more silliness from the outline, it seems like you guys just picked the serious topics from it and talked about those, none of the humor. So even though that was disappointing, good show.

It's not hard to understand why people are disappointed by Burnout Crash; they enjoyed the graphical fidelity of the crash mode in Burnout 2, Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, while the graphics in Burnout Crash look like an iOS game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is the Nazi that edited out all of the funny parts to the outline? The first user generated outline was much better than this one's with all the humor that was put into it. I couldn't even ask a Cag Bag question without it getting deleted.

Wombat on Backbreaker:

"It's not a good game."
"It's a really good [$5 to $8] Game"

Make up your mind, Wombat.

The only reason I can see for people hating Burnout Crash before even playing it is the Wind Waker effect, where they can't stand seeing a new art style for a familiar game.

I'm going to take a wild guess that Keiji Inafune leaving Capcom is one of the reasons that they're hesitant to push for more Mega Man since he created the series and was the main guy behind Universe and Legend 3. They should've finished up the paid demo for Mega Man Legends 3, released it on 3DS, then cancelled it so that they could blame the fans and take far less heat than they are now.

I wouldn't exactly compare a puzzle game, Catherine, to Demon's Souls, an action-RPG, in terms of difficulty. The launch Japanese version was supposed to be really hard, but they've since updated it to make it a bit easier. I also have to laugh about calling people that are interested in Catherine nerds but had to talk about Harry Potter, X-Men, Captain America, Robot Chicken Star Wars, Voltron, a space combat sim on the Xbox 360, and the NPDs.

From what I've read, XBL Indie Game developers get a ready-to-distribute executible of their games for the PC that they do what they want with it. It seems like it would've been in their best interest to lock up PC versions for GFW Live instead of letting them run off to Steam or any other competing PC service.

I'm surprised that you guys didn't go off on a GOTY edition for a game that's only been out for a few months and hasn't even been up for any awards yet.

Decent Show.

Shipwreck,

After playing through the demo of Catherine I decided to check up online to see the buzz. I've yet to play Demon's Souls, and I've only heard of how hard it is. I can assure you though, this is not nearly as hard.

I was surprised at how many people complained about the difficulty. I'm not sure if these people had played the full Japanese version of the game and therefore have more insight than myself, but I felt that the demo was at the perfect difficulty. In fact, if it was any easier you'd basically just be climbing straight up a tower. There are a couple rough spots along the way, but it's hard to picture how mind numbingly easy the game would be without them.

Anyways, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the game. I'm seriously considering grabbing this one at retail price just for the story.

Regarding Marvel vs Capcom 3, I think what Capcom is doing is precisely what the competitive community wants out of it. The people complaining are largely casual fans or they quit playing a long time ago. Selling characters and stages for $5 a pop gets expensive fast, and its a hassle for people providing machines for tournaments to make those characters available. The mechanics and balancing are also getting a massive revamp. 12 characters and the new stages alone are worth $40 using the DLC pricing model.

Serious fans of the game surely got their $60 worth in the months between when the game came out and November when Ultimate comes out.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Regarding Marvel vs Capcom 3, I think what Capcom is doing is precisely what the competitive community wants out of it. The people complaining are largely casual fans or they quit playing a long time ago. Selling characters and stages for $5 a pop gets expensive fast, and its a hassle for people providing machines for tournaments to make those characters available. The mechanics and balancing are also getting a massive revamp. 12 characters and the new stages alone are worth $40 using the DLC pricing model.
[/QUOTE]

That's a really good point. I know someone who throws tourneys and the DLC stuff is always a huge hassle for him.

cheapy made me buy it isn't a good name for the segment.
it should be cheapy made me blow a load. If we are having toilet humor do it right guys!

I know last week was user-generated, but for the next show can you guys just spitball and justify new Mortal Kombat characters?

Because clearly the doors have been blowin off. XD

Great Show btw, always something to look forward too.

Cheapy, the whole Global Warming Debate is if man is causing it. No one can deny that the climate is changing, but the Carbon Tax people have been preaching an ever hot climate for over 20 years, and mother nature gave them the middel finger with these crazy winters. Now they have to capitulate by calling it Climate Change. World Climate is always changing, ask the dinosaurs. Refer to Climate Gate to see how the data was manipulated and opposition was silenced
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/j...n-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/

Using Morph Thing i found out what wombat and shipwrecks child would look like (I used the cartoon avatars for this not real pics)
babyofuser1pic834412483.jpg

[quote name='LiK']Hahaha, Cheapy has poop stories, Shipwreck has puke stories, I wonder how Wombat will top them?[/QUOTE]

Wombat usually has the food stories. So, his is about what goes in, and Cheapy and Ship have covered both ends of what comes out.

The best part of the show was hearing how uncomfortable Shipwreck was when Cheapy or Wombat were making inappropriate comments about his girls basketball coaching...

Love the show!

I don't usually listen after you guys sign off and play outro music, but I am glad I stuck around this time. That music with shipwreck edited in was hilarious. "UGH It's Hot!"

Long time listener, infrequent commenter, but this last episode had not one, not two, but three good laughs, nay, guffaws for me. Keep up the good work!

Am I the only one who noticed how shipwreck pronounced "IOS" store? It's definitely I.O.S. store right? Not I-ahs.

At any rate good show, wish it was longer. But I wish that about a lot of things...

[quote name='Ltor']Am I the only one who noticed how shipwreck pronounced "IOS" store? It's definitely I.O.S. store right? Not I-ahs.

At any rate good show, wish it was longer. But I wish that about a lot of things...[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I don't say out the individual letters in DOS or BIOS either.

[quote name='shipwreck']I dunno. I don't say out the individual letters in DOS or BIOS either.[/QUOTE]
Do you say Oss for OS? It's the Apple OS for their i devices, so it's pronounced eye-oh-ess like you're tacking the "i" on there.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Do you say Oss for OS? It's the Apple OS for their i devices, so it's pronounced eye-oh-ess like you're tacking the "i" on there.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to pronounce it the easiest way. I do say Oss for OS. Like I said before, I see it the same way as DOS or BIOS. I've grown up saying it that way and cutting a whole syllable out of my day gives me the extra time I need to argue stupid stuff on the Internet.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm pretty sure I'm just going to pronounce it the easiest way. I do say Oss for OS. Like I said before, I see it the same way as DOS or BIOS. I've grown up saying it that way and cutting a whole syllable out of my day gives me the extra time I need to argue stupid stuff on the Internet.[/QUOTE]

zing!

lol

I'm tired of the Wombat haters. If you don't think he's funny, I don't think you get the jokes. That So-so Korean joke killed.

[quote name='supermidget']What is the URL for raptor?[/QUOTE]

www.raptr.com

Really odd spelling, had to put in a little google effort to find it.

[quote name='shipwreck']I dunno. I don't say out the individual letters in DOS or BIOS either.[/QUOTE]

And Shipwreck, nobody does for things like that lol. GIF = Giff, GUI = Gooey, etc.

Eye Oh Ess is different though, better than saying iDevice Operating System imo

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm pretty sure I'm just going to pronounce it the easiest way. I do say Oss for OS. Like I said before, I see it the same way as DOS or BIOS. I've grown up saying it that way and cutting a whole syllable out of my day gives me the extra time I need to argue stupid stuff on the Internet.[/QUOTE]
It's fine if you want to say it that way, though I've never heard anybody pronounce it that way. I guess this will be your Maryo/Mario.

Great show, though it did seem like CheapyD rushed through it :/
Really wanted to hear about Catherine T_T

Funny I heard IOS from Shipwreck as well and it kinda threw me off, working in IT I hear this kinda stuff too...usually everyone looks at the person funny and laughs haha no big deal

Great show, though it did seem like CheapyD rushed through it :/
Really wanted to hear about Catherine T_T

Funny I heard IOS from Shipwreck as well and it kinda threw me off, working in IT I hear this kinda stuff too...usually everyone looks at the person funny and laughs haha no big deal

I'm listening now. It seems like there is a guy holding a gun to Cheapy's head saying "If this show goes over an hour I'll blow your f'ing head up." I know you guys have been doing the podcast for five years now and it might be boring to record, but it takes a lot of enjoyment out of the show, for my anyways, when the hosts are just trying to get through it.

And Wombat's jokes are awesome. I laugh out loud when Cheapy does the bass slide after them.

bread's done
Back