Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #247: Crowd Control (Now with Ding-Dongle Support)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 atreyue

atreyue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

On climate change:
The biggest problem with the whole theory is that there is no real science behind it when you don't accurately know what temperatures were 100, 200, 500 years ago etc. So there's no real way to tell if the current climate is actually aberrant when you look on a larger cycle. As someone mentioned earlier, it's already been global cooling and global warming before climate change was chosen. This just reflects the inaccuracy of scientists' models for predicting climate. And getting all of your news from Bill Maher is just kind of weak. But it's unsurprising, considering Cheapy doesn't even live in the U.S.

On Burnout Crash:
One of the first things Cheapy said about the last Need for Speed was that they basically made it the next Burnout game. So everyone knows we should have had another full burnout game by now. Instead we get what was just a mode of previous burnout games (and it was my favorite mode as well, Shipwreck) released as a standalone with not so hot graphics. The whole reason why they raped burnout to make the new need for speeds is because need for speed lost tons of fans to burnout. It's hard not to feel like they're killing burnout off.

#62 atreyue

atreyue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Good podcast but I don't understand all the hate Xmen-Destiny got from you guys. The game doesn't look amazing but you guys made it sound like its as bad as the x-men movie licensed games and it looks much better than them.

From Joystiq's recent preview:
"Your custom-built hero can play through the RPG-driven side of the game by equipping powers as you would gear."

That's enough to guarantee that the game sucks, for me. Being able to choose your powers at the beginning is one thing. Being able to switch your powers on the fly makes no sense in a universe where you are a mutant and are born with your powers.

#63 Fergywan

Fergywan

Soaring with Angels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

Cheapy,

This is my first time posting about show feedback. I am a big fan of this site and the podcast definitely makes my work day go by much faster. I know you mentioned there really wasn't any space combat games for this current generation consoles. I am a big fan of flying games, especially space combat going back to X-Wing vs. T-Fighter. My question is have you ever tried Project Sylpheed: Arc of Deception for the Xbox 360?

It has gotten mixed reviews, mostly due to it's steep learning curve, but I think it might be worth a look. It has a typical anime style story, but with varying level design and weapon customization, it's a unique experience. Plus, at my local Gamestop it was selling for $4 and comes with free dlc missions and more from xbox.com.

Not sure how hard it will be to find or if there is any region locks, but might be something you might enjoy like I have numerous times going through. If you do ever pick it up, I suggest taking time getting used to the controls and going through it on easy first. There is definitely enough worth mentioning. Hope this helps.

http://xbox360.ign.c...6/806711p1.html

This link is for the the ign review. To me, this one of those games you just got to play and decide for yourself.

#64 Joda84

Joda84

EXTERMINATE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

No need to bring up political talk like "global warming". Why can't the show stick to what brings us back every week? You know, poop stories and all the Wombat hate?

#65 XUGrad

XUGrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

So which Mac Mini did you decide on, Cheapy?

#66 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Given that the DS outsold the 3DS last month (as Wombat noted) and that retailers are running/resorting to running gift card promos in an attempt to move units, I am curious if Shipwreck still thinks the 3DS will be a huge seller this holiday season.

Addition:

Also, considering the attention this is getting on the Deals Forum, can you guys offer your initial thoughts on Best Buy's huge gaming push (most notably Best Buy's Trade In push). In my view, any alternative to Gamestop is a good alternative.

Edited by bgame2, 28 July 2011 - 02:10 AM.

#67 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

From Joystiq's recent preview:
"Your custom-built hero can play through the RPG-driven side of the game by equipping powers as you would gear."

That's enough to guarantee that the game sucks, for me. Being able to choose your powers at the beginning is one thing. Being able to switch your powers on the fly makes no sense in a universe where you are a mutant and are born with your powers.

It makes complete sense in a video game where the goal is to be fun and allow players to play the game in whatever way they want to.

524190.png

#68 atreyue

atreyue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:56 AM

It makes complete sense in a video game where the goal is to be fun and allow players to play the game in whatever way they want to.

Then make the game but don't set it in the X-men universe. I don't want to play a game where Batman can fly or turn into animals and I hate vampires that sparkle (the 2nd's not necessarily relevant, but damn it, I do). That kind of stuff can actually make the license work against the game. But if it sounds cool to you, I fully support you playing it. I grew up reading X-Men & other marvel comics as a kid, so getting the mythos right is probably the most important thing for me.