CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Gearbox Studios
Platform(s): PC, Playstation 3, Xbox 360
Genre: First Person Shooter
Rating: M – Mature 17+
ESRB Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol
Players: One, 8 multiplayer
Official site: http://www.dukenukemforever.com/

The Scoop: Duke Nukem 3D helped to add on an extra few years to my virginity. It was released in 1996 during my teen years when I should have focused on doing something cool like learning the guitar or how to be nice to girls. Instead I was busy saving my pennies to get my hands on a PC sound card just to hear Duke Nukem. At the time, aiming up or down with a PC mouse and hearing the protagonist speak during gameplay, where still revolutionary elements in a FPS. I was glad I was sitting when I ran into my first “Pig Cop” that ducked to avoid a blast from my shotgun, then hear Duke affirm this was cool with a “Come get some”. My knees surly would have buckled if I had been standing.

Duke Nukem Forever is the sequel to DN3D and the story of its long development has become a joke in the gaming world. That was until last October when publisher 2K Games freed it from legal troubles. Veteran FPS developer Gearbox Studios (Brothers in Arms, Borderlands) were put in charge of bringing together scattered chunks of an unfinished game from the past 15 years together. As it turns out, not even they could save DNF from being an unfocused mess.

Continue reading our review of Duke Nukem Forever at Level Up News.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back