Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V2 - Dig into those holiday games. V3 thread coming soon!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13860 replies to this topic

#61 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

If I buy Fallout: New Vegas at Walmart (has GFWL on the packaging) can I redeem it on Steam?

#62 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

If I buy Fallout: New Vegas at Walmart (has GFWL on the packaging) can I redeem it on Steam?

If they're in this format

• Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

#63 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

Is there any significance to the trailer looking like it was ripped from a VHS tape?

This game came out a relatively long time ago, so it's just likely that they didn't bother to encode it higher when they made the video.

#64 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

If they're in this format

• Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

Anyway I can know if it will work before I buy it? I don't want to buy it, then it not activate on Steam. I don't have DVD drive on my computer and don't have an external one.

#65 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

Anyway I can know if it will work before I buy it? I don't want to buy it, then it not activate on Steam. I don't have DVD drive on my computer and don't have an external one.

I guess search online and see what key that retail version has?

#66 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

Yes, you can. Its a steamworks game. I bought my copy from Direct2Drive but activated it and played it on Steam.

#67 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

After some looking it seems that New Vegas requires Steam so all copies will need to be activated there

#68 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

Thanks! I got a $5 gift card to Walmart and will probably pick up New Vegas for $15. Kinda regret not purchasing it during the summer sale.

#69 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

Thanks! I got a $5 gift card to Walmart and will probably pick up New Vegas for $15. Kinda regret not purchasing it during the summer sale.

At this point you're probably better off saving your money for the inevitable GOTY edition.

#70 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

At this point you're probably better off saving your money for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Walmart really has nothing else I want though. I want something under $20 and there's just nothing else.

#71 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Walmart really has nothing else I want though. I want something under $20 and there's just nothing else.

You have no interest in (or need for) food, beverages, or toiletries? I'd spend $5 on any of those before over-spending on F:NV.

#72 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

You have no interest in (or need for) food, beverages, or toiletries? I'd spend $5 on any of those before over-spending on F:NV.

I could spend it on those things. I am moving into an apartment in a few weeks. But I rather have a game that will last awhile. Not sure what I'll do, but thanks everyone.

#73 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

Anyone from the group can invite. I'll shoot you one right now.

#74 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

Nah just get the game. $15 is a good price, plus the dlc has gone on sale a few times on steam for like 3 bucks.

#75 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:37 AM

There are plenty of us in the CAG Community thread who could use an invite: http://www.cheapassg...147902&page=800

Honestly I don't see much benefit to making the group private since this is such a large and open community, but that's just me.

There is a problem with bots and/or malicious users on Steam joining popular and public groups, and then spamming or phishing. Keeping a group private helps keep those out.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#76 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

Nah just get the game. $15 is a good price, plus the dlc has gone on sale a few times on steam for like 3 bucks.

I went ahead and bought it. It's downloading now! I saw the DLC went on sale for dirt cheap during the summer sale. I hope that happens again soon!

#77 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:16 AM

There is a problem with bots and/or malicious users on Steam joining popular and public groups, and then spamming or phishing. Keeping a group private helps keep those out.

That's true. It's silly that the group owners/officers can't kick people out of public groups. With that said, having to go through a thread in order to join a group is too much trouble IMO, so I still prefer public groups.

BTW, thanks for the kind words, everybody! Great to see how many people have migrated to the new thread already. I still won't be able to update the OP every day, so I appreciate everyone's help in keeping the first post updated and properly formatted.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#78 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:16 AM

I went ahead and bought it. It's downloading now! I saw the DLC went on sale for dirt cheap during the summer sale. I hope that happens again soon!

As far as I know the only time the DLC has been on sale was the past summer sale. So I would guess that the next time the DLC is on sale will probably be black friday/christmas sale that Valve always does.

Speaking of which, I bought both DLC's that were on sale and I am loving them. They add so much more charm and story, and are much better than FO3's DLC.

#79 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

That's true. It's silly that the group owners/officers can't kick people out of public groups. With that said, having to go through a thread in order to join a group is too much trouble IMO, so I still prefer public groups.

BTW, thanks for the kind words, everybody! Great to see how many people have migrated to the new thread already. I still won't be able to update the OP every day, so I appreciate everyone's help in keeping the first post updated and properly formatted.

You are most welcome, bro. I love seeing a well-done thread like this one. It should be the standard for anyone making a thread.

Hey, do you think we could put info about the main CAG Steam group up at the top so people will see it easier and get invites. It would be great to have as many CAGs as we can. Just an idea. Thanks again!

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#80 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

So, Pride of Nations. It's on sale for 50% off and I was wondering if anyone here has played it or has any impressions on it? There seems to be a complete lack of content except for a 3-4 month old developer preview and trailers on youtube for it. I'm wondering how it compares to Victoria 2?

#81 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:07 AM

Keep the request in the CAG Steam Community thread.

#82 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:09 AM

Don't be as dumb as RollingSkull. Avoid buying these Steam games.

Yar's Revenge: Looks like a good Sin and Punishment clone. Lots of pretty stuff to look at the and dialogue is actually pretty darn neat. Shame the gameplay is just dreadfully boring. With the exception of as far as I can remember ONE pattern from the stage 5 boss, I went through the entire game just spinning the left stick around to fly in circles around the screen and was in no real danger.

The Scourge Project: Looks like low budget Gears of War on the Unreal engine with a sci-fi motif that at least LOOKS nice even if the character models all seem like Unreal rejects. At heart, it's competent but dull as hell. Just play Gears again.

#83 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

As far as I know the only time the DLC has been on sale was the past summer sale. So I would guess that the next time the DLC is on sale will probably be black friday/christmas sale that Valve always does.

Speaking of which, I bought both DLC's that were on sale and I am loving them. They add so much more charm and story, and are much better than FO3's DLC.

I really regret not buying them during the summer sale. I hope they go on sale sooner than black friday/christmas. I sold my Xbox360 version to get the PC version for the mods. The Project Nevada mod is awesome. They put a lot of time and effort into everything.

#84 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

Steam's Site is fucking up again.

Daily Deal
Shattered Horizons- $5
4 Pack- $15

Any thoughts? It says it requires a DX10 card and Win 7 to play.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#85 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

The last time I launched there was one server active, with 3 players on it. Don't waste your money on this game.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#86 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

Shattered Horizons looks cool. I don't know if i'll get it though...

#87 crupp

crupp

Backlog Enhancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Ohh interesting... I'd totally go in on a 4-pack....
Posted Image

#88 terb73

terb73

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Shattered horizon is a truly fun game , but has a pretty dead online community. They patched in bots to let the games be more full, so if that doesn't bother you it will be a good buy.

#89 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

SH was pretty wild at launch for me, it was a damn good looking game that required hardware I didn't have and it had gameplay I'd never really dealt with before, except playing Descent on Playstation for a little bit as a wee lad.

The game's glaring flaws soon showed though. Lack of variety in maps and weapons, strange chokeholdy combat centered around flinging grenades. The community soon started to atrophy. Content patches came with enthusiasm from the devs, but it wasn't enough to resurrect the game. It's definitely a different game than at launch. For better or for worse, I'm not sure.

The devs had good sense though, and as a final thanks, they patched in bots. It's not a bad way to kill time, and is a great benchmark for new hardware. I'd say pick it up if you don't mind taking a leap on a smaller game. I will tell you that few multiplayer games feel as atmospheric as SH when you turn off your suit, look in to space, and only hear your breath.

#90 vherub

vherub

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

paradox games are 50% this week at greenmangaming and gamersgate, so steam keys for magicka and magicka dlc is 50% off