Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V2 - Dig into those holiday games. V3 thread coming soon!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13860 replies to this topic

#931 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

The SPAZ guys posted a clarification. The Steam activation was meant to be a bonus for people who purchased the beta, so people will need to buy from Steam if they want the game on Steam.

It's not totally clear from the thread, but it sounds like they might be transferring keys to Steam for non-Steam purchases made yesterday, though.

SPAZ post:
http://www.spacepira....php?f=6&t=1649

Pah, bastards. I just got it on GMG this morning because it was said it still worked on recent purchases.

#932 illmeister80

illmeister80

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Ah come on. I bought a 4-pack and all the DLC. It all came to $19. Daaaang. Any chance I can contact support and get a refund for the extra $3.70 I spent?

haha yeah, i'd definitely contact them. i'm sure they'll fix the problem. i totally didn't see the line saying the 4 pack included all DLC either until i came to these forums.
Posted Image

#933 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

Big fan of Prototype. Semi-sequel to Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. You are an unstoppable force. Only problem is the game needed tightening at the last half. Better enemy variety, less infuriating bosses.

Have you played Starscape? How would it compare to that?

It's close to Starscape in style. Mining, questing, building bigger and better ships, escape the quadrant, repeat. Because it's all procedurally generated and there aren't any "boss" ships at least so far, you don't have that tight gamey arcade action. There's more to do in the space exploration vein (Quests, light faction juggling), the loss of a ship is, again, just something you can keep rolling through, and the pacing is a lot tighter and quicker than Starscape's grinding, researching, and slow war against numbers.

Come to think of it, most of SPAZ seemed procedurally generated which marks a big step away from the games it tries to ape. Maybe a step back depending on how the quality unfolds.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#934 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

How's Section 8's multiplayer? I seem to remember someone telling me it was dead, but I can't recall if they were talking about S8 or Prejudice.

#935 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

Does anyone else hate how Bastion doesn't allow you to run diagonally? If I press 'w' and 'd' at the same time, my guy will always bump into the wall or fall off the side. So I have to keep adjusting instead of just running straight down a path. I guess if I had a gamepad it wouldn't be a big deal.

Oh well, the game is pretty cool.

Edited by sotc1988, 16 August 2011 - 11:53 PM.

#936 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

That Bastion demo is fucking amazing.

I have played through the game right when it was released on the XBLA and I must admit that it is easily one of my top downloadable titles ever. I am currently running through the New Game + whenever I get a chance to turn on my 360.

#937 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

How's Section 8's multiplayer? I seem to remember someone telling me it was dead, but I can't recall if they were talking about S8 or Prejudice.

It's not completely dead, but there definitely isn't a lot of people. Maybe a couple of servers full at a time. This sale might help that a bit though.

#938 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

Any chance on a Bastion sale soon? Or perhaps a four-pack deal?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#939 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

Any chance on a Bastion sale soon? Or perhaps a four-pack deal?

It certainly could happen earlier, but I'd put money on it going on sale during the X-mas sale steam puts on at the end of the year. I think games that have a 4 pack for sale usually offer that from the beginning and then the price is just discounted when the single edition is also discounted.

#940 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

I think games that have a 4 pack for sale usually offer that from the beginning and then the price is just discounted when the single edition is also discounted.

Question since I'm new to Steam: Does Steam ever do multi-pack deals for single player games?

#941 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

Question since I'm new to Steam: Does Steam ever do multi-pack deals for single player games?

We list all of the group buys in the first post. (Without checking) I think they do occasionally offer such things, but not often.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#942 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

Does anyone else hate how Bastion doesn't allow you to run diagonally? If I press 'w' and 'd' at the same time, my guy will always bump into the wall or fall off the side. So I have to keep adjusting instead of just running straight down a path.

Sounds like a problem with the way the game understands keyboard input instead of a gamepad. The game doesn't read keyboard input as diagonals (W+D=E), it just reads them as a single inputs (W, then D).

It's a common problem with games designed for a console -- I've been having a similar problem with Who's That Flying.

#943 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:41 AM

Does anyone else hate how Bastion doesn't allow you to run diagonally? If I press 'w' and 'd' at the same time, my guy will always bump into the wall or fall off the side. So I have to keep adjusting instead of just running straight down a path. I guess if I had a gamepad it wouldn't be a big deal.

Oh well, the game is pretty cool.

Started out Bastion using Keyboard+mouse....switched to 360 controller and it's so much better. Plays much better too. It's hard to move while charging up your bow since you need to hold down Q.

#944 vherub

vherub

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

One of the highlights of Bastion is the soundtrack (zia's theme in particular)
you can stream it for free (or purchase outright)-
http://supergiantgames.bandcamp.com/

#945 Flunkie

Flunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

So apparently, From Dust is playable right now from Capsule, Green Man Gaming's game client. I haven't activated my key yet, so I want to trade it for something of equal value that's activatable on Steam, like Space Pirates and Zombies, Renegade Ops ,or something of that nature. I've already bought From Dust and Bastion on Steam. If you're at all interested, please let me know. Again, you get to play it a night before it's released on Steam!

#946 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

So, now I own 2 copies of Section 8. 1 from Steam, 1 from GFWL marketplace. Does this mean I could have a friend install it and play it?

Does the 2nd account have to associate the CD key with its GFW account when it signs in? How does all that work exactly?

#947 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

Probably the wrong place to ask but does anyone have any tips for Bad Company 2 multiplayer? I bought it during the Summer sale and just started playing it and I've figured out that I suck.

#948 BitLooter

BitLooter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

I believe this video is relevant:

Try SwagBucks, where you can earn prizes just for searching the web! I have earned more than $60 Amazon credit so far, and get about $10 more each month just for using it instead of Google.

#949 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

Probably the wrong place to ask but does anyone have any tips for Bad Company 2 multiplayer? I bought it during the Summer sale and just started playing it and I've figured out that I suck.

Hide in a dark corner and shoot people in the back when they walk by.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#950 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:56 AM

I believe this video is relevant:

What's the PC equivalent of the select button?

#951 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

If I can offer up some advice in saying, you are going to suck regardless for a couple of days.

Some recommendations would be to find you a class and stick with it while you learn the levels, this way you unlock some good weapons and get specializations for your other classes.

Keep playing with a configuration that works for you to. I've moved my tagging button a couple of times until I found something that works for me (which currently is q). I have also moved my 4th item to the left alt button, cause usually I need that stuff in a hurry and well inadvertantly swtich to the third spot without realizing.

Just some growing pains I had to go through, and hope it helps get you over yours.

#952 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Thanks for the input BrolyB593 and Fergywan on the original Section 8. Guess I will stick with Prejudice only.

#953 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

I wish there was a video like that for every game I suck at! Frozen Synapse, for one. :)

#954 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

Be a team player and nobody will care what your k/d is. Drop health packs, ammo packs, motion mines. Repair stuff. Just don't revive people while you're getting shot at :D
Posted Image

#955 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Q for spotting on the PC version.

#956 Play3rtwo

Play3rtwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

Heh. I wasn't paying attention and I ended up buying the Section 8 four pack. Oh well. Anyone want one of them? Free of charge, just tell me your Steam name.

I'd like one. Bottlenecked on steam. i'll accept your invite when i get home from work.

#957 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

Two questions.

#1) I've got Gratuitous Space Battles already, but I have none of the DLC. How is the DLC? Should I spend the $7 or so and grab it all?
EDIT: I already had all the DLC except the two newest. Oops. Embarrassing.

#2) If I buy the Complete Pack for like $3 more, will this net me a giftable copy of the base game since I already have it?
EDIT: NO, it will not, according to an article on Steam itself.

#3) :D
EDIT: D:

ALSO:
Avadon is out today and is 10% off. Not a huge deal, but it's a nice gesture, and I'm thinking about buying the game just to support it. Good reviews and pretty sure I'd like it.

FINALLY:
Where the heck is the From Dust demo?

Edited by Jesse_Dylan, 17 August 2011 - 05:34 PM.

#958 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Two questions.

#2) If I buy the Complete Pack for like $3 more, will this net me a giftable copy of the base game since I already have it?

I can answer that question, at least. The extra copy isn't giftable.

#959 AbramJ23

AbramJ23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

Pick a server that has a max rank of 25 or 35, they are a lil easier to get acclimated to the multiplayer. And like someone said before, stick with a class for awhile to get the hang of it. And tag people with q

#960 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

Just to confirm, Section 8 on steam still requires GFWL?