Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V2 - Dig into those holiday games. V3 thread coming soon!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13860 replies to this topic

#13681 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm going to play against type and admit to liking Sequence a lot. The dialogue is almost oppressively nerd hipster Wheadon-esque but I enjoyed it.

The dialogue is a combination of Joss Whedon and Wil Wheaton?! Can't get any more geek cred than that!

#13682 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Quick question.

I read elsewhere (can't remember which thread) that Payday: The Heist is going to be $5 as an Amazon Digital Download later this week.

I really want the game, and that's the cheapest I've seen, but I live in the UK and I don't think I can buy through the website.

What happens when you buy through Amazon? Do you just get sent a Steam code?

#13683 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

Quick question.

I read elsewhere (can't remember which thread) that Payday: The Heist is going to be $5 as an Amazon Digital Download later this week.

I really want the game, and that's the cheapest I've seen, but I live in the UK and I don't think I can buy through the website.

What happens when you buy through Amazon? Do you just get sent a Steam code?

Yup

#13684 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yup

Awesome, thanks. Guess I'll be badgering somebody to get one for me :lol:

#13685 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'd be happy to help you with that once the deal goes live. You helped me get the GTA Pack over the holiday sale at UK prices, so I'd like to return the favor.

On another topic, does anybody know if Unstoppable Gorg was given away free somewhere recently? I'm seeing a heck of a lot of people offering keys to the game on trading forums.

#13686 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

I can pick up a copy for you as well to add to our existing trade, etc.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#13687 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'd be happy to help you with that once the deal goes live. You helped me get the GTA Pack over the holiday sale at UK prices, so I'd like to return the favor.

On another topic, does anybody know if Unstoppable Gorg was given away free somewhere recently? I'm seeing a heck of a lot of people offering keys to the game on trading forums.

I'd stay away from steam keys on the steam forums. I stupidly got burnt on the whole dead island key fiasco. You live you learn

#13688 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Looks like Saphire video card owners got it free.

http://www.steamgift...pable-gorg-free

23480.png

#13689 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Midweek Madness is Cities XL 2012 at 75% off.

£7.50 in the UK, looks like it's cheapest in the US though ($10 I think, can somebody confirm?).

#13690 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, Cities is $10 and the daily deal is AI War: Fleet Command for $3.39

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#13691 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

2/21/12 Tuesday Daily Deal

AI War Fleet Command Bundle $5.77 66% off includes
AI War Fleet Command $3.39 66% off
AI War DLC/Expansions

#13692 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'd stay away from steam keys on the steam forums. I stupidly got burnt on the whole dead island key fiasco. You live you learn

Oh yeah, I've heard stories about trades for keys going bad or people getting screwed over with stolen keys. I have no plans of trading for any keys. I was just wondering where all the keys came from all of a sudden. Looks like pROvIs found the answer though. Thanks to him.

#13693 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'll again offer up my Focus Home Interactive 10% off coupon for anyone who wants it, tho you need to wait until this evening for me to actually trade it.
Posted Image

#13694 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Oh yeah, I've heard stories about trades for keys going bad or people getting screwed over with stolen keys. I have no plans of trading for any keys. I was just wondering where all the keys came from all of a sudden. Looks like pROvIs found the answer though. Thanks to him.

I trade codes all the time with people on CAG or somewhere with an actual feedback system and reputation. However, I'd stay away from Keys and Paypal on Steam Forums. Both have been known to backfire.

My slightly off topic story of when I was burnt in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

23480.png

#13695 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

I trade codes all the time with people on CAG or somewhere with an actual feedback system and reputation. However, I'd stay away from Keys and Paypal on Steam Forums. Both have been known to backfire.

My slightly off topic story of when I was burnt in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Yeah I just bought a saints row key from someone on here last night. I trust users here...the steam forums are like the wild west though. Anything goes

#13696 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

What the Fuck at the new Dungeon Defender's DLC.

#13697 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Looks like Saphire video card owners got it free.

http://www.steamgift...pable-gorg-free

I traded an Unstoppable Gorg key with someone from the Steam forums. The guy had good rep and was OK with giving the key first. Since the Saphire deal was legit, I went ahead. The game activated and downloaded with no problems.

#13698 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

I traded an Unstoppable Gorg key with someone from the Steam forums. The guy had good rep and was OK with giving the key first. Since the Saphire deal was legit, I went ahead. The game activated and downloaded with no problems.

It's probably legit. In some cases though even when the code redeems, later it is revoked. This happened with both the Dirt 3 and Dead Island keys in the wild.

23480.png

#13699 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the story, pROvIs. I've always been wary of keys anyways, and I think that's kinda confirmed it for me.

I'll stick to trading gifts, spare codes can go to friends.

#13700 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

It's probably legit. In some cases though even when the code redeems, later it is revoked. This happened with both the Dirt 3 and Dead Island keys in the wild.

Yup that was my dead island key. Had it for 2 months and just the other day I have the big mean message from steam on my account

#13701 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Are there usually any big sales this time of year? I know there's the summer sale and holiday sale which I missed out on this year, but just built my new PC and I'm looking to build the backlog with some new stuff.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#13702 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Are there usually any big sales this time of year? I know there's the summer sale and holiday sale which I missed out on this year, but just built my new PC and I'm looking to build the backlog with some new stuff.

Big ones are usually Summer and Winter. However, most of the major holidays have a minor sale. I'm surprised there wasnt anything for Valentines day. I'm pretty sure they did something for it last year. I'm pretty sure they will do something for Easter.

Most of the big sales for PC right now are coming from Amazon and Green Man Gaming. Many of which activate on Steam.

23480.png

#13703 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Big ones are usually Summer and Winter. However, most of the major holidays have a minor sale. I'm surprised there wasnt anything for Valentines day. I'm pretty sure they did something for it last year. I'm pretty sure they will do something for Easter.

Most of the big sales for PC right now are coming from Amazon and Green Man Gaming. Many of which activate on Steam.

This. Also, I doubt Steam is going to run any major sales until at least the coupons from the Coal Winter event expire, so that means early March.

I agree with the easter event hunch, in fact I'd bet money we'll be hunting for easter eggs instead of coal in April.

#13704 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

There must be some rule that Cities XL has to go on sale at least ten times a year.

#13705 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

What the others said. There might be an Easter mini-sale or something along those lines but the next really big one is summer.

If you can hold out until then, there will be tons on sale. If you tend to like most games from a particular publisher than the publisher packs offered during the summer and winter sales are a great deal.

#13706 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Just an observation: coupons won in the holiday sale expire on 1st March.

I've only got a couple that I might take up (75% off etc.), the rest I think I'll let expire. I'll admit that I'll miss checking my inventory to see if I had a coupon for the daily deal, even if I didn't want the damn game :lol:

#13707 Flowette

Flowette

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Just an observation: coupons won in the holiday sale expire on 1st March.

I've only got a couple that I might take up (75% off etc.), the rest I think I'll let expire. I'll admit that I'll miss checking my inventory to see if I had a coupon for the daily deal, even if I didn't want the damn game :lol:

#13708 deletion

deletion

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

i'm in the same boat. got a brand new pc, now it's loading up time. i'm scouring steam, amazon and others for decent deals. amazon had some very good deals just this past week. i'm hoping to find a few good daily deals on steam now.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#13709 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Finally built a new rig since my last rig during half life 2 days.

Are the games for windows steamable or do i have to juggle applications

#13710 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Finally built a new rig since my last rig during half life 2 days.

Are the games for windows steamable or do i have to juggle applications

Depends on what you want. Most games can be purchased through steam however it may not be the best deal. Check out the amazon thread that's stickied. Lots of deals updated all the time in there