14 replies to this topic

#1 RBH

RBH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:29 AM

http://www.amazon.co...11474272&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co...11474272&sr=8-2

May not seem like an amazing deal on the surface, but the price of this game has basically been stuck above $54 on Amazon since its release in March. It's dropped to $39.99 at Best Buy and Target in recent weeks, but this is the lowest price it's been on Amazon, so I thought I'd just give a heads up.

#2 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:30 AM

It was $20 on Play Asia a few months back.

#3 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:48 AM

Demo was amusing, I'm hoping this one slides a little further though. Maybe a black friday big winner. Good looking out though OP, thanks.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#4 Nelo Ice

Nelo Ice

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:50 AM

so i glad i picked it up then
this game has refused to drop below $40 otherwise

#5 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:53 AM

We absolutely LOVE this game!!!

A guilty pleasure indeed!!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#6 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

Much like Fight Night Champion, GREAT game. Probably should be cheaper. I still recommend it.

#7 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

I waited for weeks for a drop but nothing! I finally got it from Hastings for about $25 shipped a few weeks ago. Cool arcade game.

#8 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

I guess it hasnt droped in msrp yet because its not an anual release like svr. I might check it out for 20 or less. Last good wrestling game was here comes the pain
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#9 lochack

lochack

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

The ps3 version is broken, once you play another game and play this game agian it installs into HD. Not good programing on THQ's part. If you have both system get it for the 360.

#10 Kezay

Kezay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Demo was amusing, I'm hoping this one slides a little further though. Maybe a black friday big winner. Good looking out though OP, thanks.

Same here. I haven't had much fun with wrestling games at all this generation (and this year's WWE 12 doesn't look to change that) but I've had friends saying this one is fun. But for a wrestling game I think I'll wait and see just how low it will go.

#11 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Not a bad price, but I really want this for sub $20.
-Michael

Posted Image

#12 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

The ps3 version is broken, once you play another game and play this game agian it installs into HD. Not good programing on THQ's part. If you have both system get it for the 360.

Could you explain that a bit more?

#13 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

Basically the game caches to the hard drive, so when it starts up it takes a few minutes to start. It can be annoying considering that no other game does this at all.

#14 RBH

RBH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Ah, I forgot about that.

#15 PontiusPilate

PontiusPilate

Climbing People's Soapbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

I didn't care for the game at all, I got it used @ GS and ended up returning it. Every wrestling game since the beginning of time (WWF Wrestlemania on NES) was a button masher and this seemed like no different in that regard. It was somewhat nice to see the nostalgia because that was the era that I became a fan, but there was very little replay value for me.

I long for the day that a quality wrestling title comes out. I've played fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat over the years so maybe fighting games just are not my interest. The game I liked the most was the old Saturday Night Slam Masters and I also really enjoyed the arcade games of WWF WrestleFest and WWF Superstars.